DAMTOYS-The Godfather 1972 - 1/6th (Vito Corleone Formal Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m still waiting to accumulate more SS rewards for the Golden Years version but imo you gotta have the tux version. Definitely the most iconic out of the two..

Baffles me asto why they missed the stripe but put it on the statue.

Tip for lapels you can fit a tiny magnet down the top of the lapels in the opening to get them flatter.
20211215_202633.jpg
Screenshot_20211216-232839_YouTube.jpg

For anybody who has this in hand, do you think the tuxedo is better than the tuxedo from the Hot Toys Godfather?

I'm leaning more towards the Golden Year's. I’m a one per character kind of guy and I don’t want my figures competing against each other! Also would love to use the $300 for an entire new character! I still have not officially decided but its kind of how I feel right now!
Iv kinda just stumbled across this, the golden year version is an immediate buy.
it’s like a breath of fresh air. Does anyone have any idea when it will release?

The likeness really shows in those pics, mine's being delivered tomorrow.

Are you able to switch heads easily?

Any word on when the Golden Years version is coming out?

Still no confirmed date.

I'm leaning more towards the Golden Year's. I’m a one per character kind of guy and I don’t want my figures competing against each other! Also would love to use the $300 for an entire new character! I still have not officially decided but its kind of how I feel right now!

depends on how much you like the character.

For anybody who has this in hand, do you think the tuxedo is better than the tuxedo from the Hot Toys Godfather

Million times better. No comparison.

Iv kinda just stumbled across this, the golden year version is an immediate buy.
it’s like a breath of fresh air. Does anyone have any idea when it will release?

I think damtoys will make sure the formal version is sold out before they launch the next version in market. They prefer not giving us choice so fans can end up buying both.

What do you guys mean by stripes? And magnet for what purpose?
The pants should have a silk stripe down the side, only company to get it right was bootleg and hot toys.

As for magnets.....

The suit jacket has lapels that don't sit as flush as they should. So at the top there is a unsewn seem that you can pop a magnet into. Another inside the jacket the lapels will then sit flush, no modifications needed.

I noticed that too. I wonder why they did that? I think those little buttons aren't difficult to take off.
My concern goes a little deeper than removing a button. I assumed because of the added button the lapel was altered and would therefore sit higher. But perhaps they just simply added a button and nothing else?

The pants should have a silk stripe down the side, only company to get it right was bootleg and hot toys.

As for magnets.....

The suit jacket has lapels that don't sit as flush as they should. So at the top there is a unsewn seem that you can pop a magnet into. Another inside the jacket the lapels will then sit flush, no modifications needed.
Ah ok. Thanks for the clarification. I didn't notice any issues with the lapels but I got figure yesterday so didn't inspect everything so closely. Thanks for the tip.

Hi all, I have tried removing the neck joint from the 1st sculpt but it won't budge and I am afraid I will break it (already marked it up a bit trying). Just wondering if this is the type of joint that is in these things? Planning to just buy one for the second sculpt so I can more easily swap them out. Would this be the right joint to get? 1/6 Scale Neck Peg Joint Adapter Connector for Hot Toys Body Custom Head Sculpt | eBay

I wonder if a thin layer of plastic would help protect against staining the chair?

Safe to assume the suit would stain the neck and hands as well?

Back