DAMTOYS-The Godfather 1972 - 1/6th (Vito Corleone Formal Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello fellow collectors! This is my very first post here :)

Just recieved The Godfather and it is a masterpiece! From tailoring, paint application, likeness (even the 1st sculpt is awesome) and accessories, it is as good if not better then Hot Toys DX figures.

I wil take some pictures soon and post them!

Whoever is thinking about getting this, get it asap or Vito will make you an offer.... :D

Hello fellow collectors! This is my very first post here :)

Just recieved The Godfather and it is a masterpiece! From tailoring, paint application, likeness (even the 1st sculpt is awesome) and accessories, it is as good if not better then Hot Toys DX figures.

I wil take some pictures soon and post them!

Whoever is thinking about getting this, get it asap or Vito will make you an offer.... :D
:welcome1:

From what I can see from the pics the sculpt is not so great (regular version) additional version is passable but inferior to hot toys. Not the worst I’ve seen but I don’t see a high end head there at all but I wonder what it would look like with a repaint.

One thing I can say with full confidence is the suit looks good. Really good for a mass figure. I’ll call a spade a spade, I’m impressed.

Hi all, I have tried removing the neck joint from the 1st sculpt but it won't budge and I am afraid I will break it (already marked it up a bit trying). Just wondering if this is the type of joint that is in these things? Planning to just buy one for the second sculpt so I can more easily swap them out. Would this be the right joint to get? 1/6 Scale Neck Peg Joint Adapter Connector for Hot Toys Body Custom Head Sculpt | eBay
I don't know about the neck peg on ebay but you can remove it with force. It won't break. The real challenge is to put the second headsculpt on the stock neck peg. I had a very hard time and then I remember someone once said to use a hair dryer air. I blow some warm air on the neck peg and the neck of the extra headsculpt and boom it fit instantly.

Kghobby showed some pictures of the Golden Years version.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1641498406391.jpg
    FB_IMG_1641498406391.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 84
  • FB_IMG_1641498400363.jpg
    FB_IMG_1641498400363.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 86
  • FB_IMG_1641498403676.jpg
    FB_IMG_1641498403676.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 91
  • FB_IMG_1641498390617.jpg
    FB_IMG_1641498390617.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 90
  • FB_IMG_1641498396332.jpg
    FB_IMG_1641498396332.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 83
  • FB_IMG_1641498393337.jpg
    FB_IMG_1641498393337.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 85
From what I can see from the pics the sculpt is not so great (regular version) additional version is passable but inferior to hot toys. Not the worst I’ve seen but I don’t see a high end head there at all but I wonder what it would look like with a repaint.

One thing I can say with full confidence is the suit looks good. Really good for a mass figure. I’ll call a spade a spade, I’m impressed.
"inferior to hot toys" cmon!!!
a godd in hand 5 t yui-horz this one.jpg

I was also weary from the pictures that I have seen online, but once in hand, a completely different story. I will post some photos soon :)

When was your last eye test?

Will admit I do have a soft spot for hot toys sculpt! Dams 2nd sculpt has a great likeness but the painting feels rough, almost like a bootleg. Though a friends has nicer paint apps.

I found this sculpt on ebay that I believe is a shrunken Blitzway sculpt.

Side note, if you want him to sit properly a easy mod is to cut the fat suit around the leg area.

20220109_140246.jpg

That head sculpt does look great, very detailed and I do like the closed mouth.
Thanks for the tip for having him sit down easier, I will try and mod it though I am a little sceptical not to ruin something

Last edited:
The Hot Toys head sculpt still looks fine but not as good as the “redone” Dam Toys version. Their initial sculpt didn’t look good and honestly turned me off to the figures. Now that they redid the sculpt I think both Dam Toys figures look far superior than the Hot Toys version.

Will Pacino give his likeness for a Michael to be made? I know Scarface and Carlito were done in the past.

Back