D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Mods & Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs - SSC Shorty Jawa Mod

Thanks Cagoda :duff

I love the smaller eyes. I really need to get onto my four Jawas - the joints weren't too floppy on mine but they will get that way over time.

Be careful with the rubber bands though as they degrade fairly quickly.

Yeah I have a couple more i need to tighten up as well. This^ single guy I picked up on eBay a while back for cheap and wanted a shorty jawa. All 3 were that newer batch that were a bit better than those initial floppy messes. Held its pose but as you mentioned they start to loosen up.

Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs

Damn, I pulled out my Jawas from storage and I forgot how bad they were. (and these are the newer batch ones). Luckily they have that round stand base to eep them upright. But even the hands are falling out if you look at them at a funny angle.

One good thing is the leatherwork and accessories they have. Definitely still glad I got them, and didn't fork out the money for a third with Gonk from HT.

Cool little dudes. Now to go watch Ep2 of the Mando again :lol

Untinni !!!!! SUE-KAH !!!!

P.S sorry, don't want to highjack your thread.

Hah... no worries, Andrew. The show pushed me to touch these guys up and those hands on one of mine would fall out at a sideways glance :slap
I agree and love the worn leatherwork. I feel that is one of SSC?s strengths over HT when it comes to SW faux leather or their leather-looking gear. For example X-wing Luke?s gloves. I finally picked one up :yess:

Nice work on the Jawa, he looks great!

Thank a lot, Chris! :duff

Tightened the other ones up. I am really diggin their leader (tiny guy) and the variation in sizes. I think I may make a chunky one :D

8F4E2335-0DAC-4C04-8648-988EB8E31B91.jpg

FD9EEFF8-992A-4042-B398-7825E61D1139.jpg

They look great !!

Damn you, now I'm thinking 3 look better than 2 in a group. I do have a couple of old hasbro ones, but they are really undersized.

Did you end up doing anything with the hands ?

Those look great. And Hoody, the Hasbro ones aren’t that bad — I used one in my Jabba diorama as the leaf/fan holder — I think he looks great like that (but then, he’s not standing next to the others; maybe he’s a kid).

Thanks guys :D
I added a bit of electrical tape to the peg and the hands sit fine now. I?ve been thinking about picking up one of those Hasbro ones to mod for the same purpose as Stryker mentioned.

This trio of Jawa's look class. Great mod's indeed.

Untinni !!!!! I'm so glad you posted your work on your Jawas here man! I've collected robes and bodies for a long time and I'm excited to modify them! Now thanks to your fantastic photos and tutorials I definitely have some road maps! Cheers!! This is amazing!

Thanks guys :duff
Looking forward to see your Jawas, Kash :D

Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs - Garindan

Finally got to work on Garindan!
Pulled out the custom sculpt I picked up earlier this year from that eBay dude from Spain, apologies I forgot his name, and retooled some details. Forgot to take before/after shots but it's pretty subtle and it was just me sanding and removing material. I tapered the snout some and added some wrinkle details.

I picked up the sculpt before taking a good look at the Hasbro figure and the sculpt and most of the figure are pretty well done for what it was!

3318FAA7-85A2-4D77-B15A-0A8AFA561ED5.jpg

I made the belt buckle from small pieces of styrene and had a go at updating the cape and cowl (the main reason what kept him boxed up). I am very happy and honestly kind of surprised with the outcome... even with the nice and wonky stitch work :D

360A339D-72AE-431F-885C-1C8258557FD0.jpg

74183649-431E-4FCD-A33D-8C473D0B798E.jpg

The cowl/hood is deeper than it should be but I'm liking it and will leave it - for now at least.

F8D93A21-7000-4648-ACF1-D015D7FE5F34.jpg

That looks so awesome! You did a fantastic job!

Awesome. Again one ive got in the cupboard to get to.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with the others - your Garindan looks great. Someday I'll get to work on my old Hasbro one!

Back