Hoody999's Hive of Scum and Villainy : 1/6 Star Wars Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3D printers seem like a great way to go these days. I saw a 1:1 Kuiil file on that group/site Slikkerias shared on the other thread 😯
Looks like a pretty cool spot to join for those that have printers.
Looking forward to seeing your upcoming projects.

Wow Hoody, you're hittin' em out of the park! Love that range trooper and yeah, Garindan I have never been able to find even a blurry pic of what the costume from the chest down is supposed to look like. So you're free to create whatever you like for the body. Love that cape, hangs perfect.

3D printers seem like a great way to go these days. I saw a 1:1 Kuiil file on that group/site Slikkerias shared on the other thread ��
Looks like a pretty cool spot to join for those that have printers.
Looking forward to seeing your upcoming projects.

Which site is that that Slikk shared?

Wow Hoody, you're hittin' em out of the park! Love that range trooper and yeah, Garindan I have never been able to find even a blurry pic of what the costume from the chest down is supposed to look like. So you're free to create whatever you like for the body. Love that cape, hangs perfect.

Which site is that that Slikk shared?

"Builditandtheywillcome" FB group and website. I also subscribe to them.

https://www.builditandtheywillcome.co.uk/products

10GBP monthly fee for free 3D file/s of the month. Then access to all the previous 3D models which you can pay for. Roughly 15-20GBP each.

This is incredible work Hoody! The Range Trooper is fantastic!

"Builditandtheywillcome" FB group and website. I also subscribe to them.

https://www.builditandtheywillcome.co.uk/products

10GBP monthly fee for free 3D file/s of the month. Then access to all the previous 3D models which you can pay for. Roughly 15-20GBP each.

Thanks - how easily are those 1:1 sculpts scaled to 1/6 and printed? I'm considering buying a 3D printer some time this year, but I'm not too tech savvy in terms of identifying the type of file needed and how to scale it correctly. I got an undersized 3D printed head from Shapeways a year or so ago and it does seem to be a bit tricky to get scale just right.

There a few droids I'd love to get 3D sculpts of - EV-9D9, 8D8 and Death Star Droid - and that site has a very cool DSD head sculpt. Droids like that are very hard to get right with hand sculpting or scratchbuilding.

Some sculpts on there are better than others though on that site - a number of them looked slightly wonky to me, or at least no better than (or not quite as good as) available 1/6 versions. A few are standouts though.

Thanks - how easily are those 1:1 sculpts scaled to 1/6 and printed? I'm considering buying a 3D printer some time this year, but I'm not too tech savvy in terms of identifying the type of file needed and how to scale it correctly. I got an undersized 3D printed head from Shapeways a year or so ago and it does seem to be a bit tricky to get scale just right.

There a few droids I'd love to get 3D sculpts of - EV-9D9, 8D8 and Death Star Droid - and that site has a very cool DSD head sculpt. Droids like that are very hard to get right with hand sculpting or scratchbuilding.

Some sculpts on there are better than others though on that site - a number of them looked slightly wonky to me, or at least no better than (or not quite as good as) available 1/6 versions. A few are standouts though.

It's certainly not so easy. 3D printing itself requires a relatively steep learning curve. Placement and understanding of supports, also the cleaning and handling of resin is not childs play. That is assuming you are looking at resin over PLA or other more large format print types.

Then thickening and modification needs proficiency in other 3D surface software before translating to the 3D print software. Then if you are wanting to construct something yourself you need to learn and purchase 3D modelling software.

I'd do some research before diving in. It's not as simple as buying a printer and a print file and off you go.

Thanks guys !! This customs gig is a pretty good artistic outlet for me, especially when Hot Toys don't come to the party !

Taking a page out of Slikkerias' book on big 1/6 figures, and needing somewhere for my OG Mando to stand (considering Beskar Mando will be with the other figures) I'm working towards this as a new project.

I also like that this is a pretty pivotal moment in Season 1 and also the creation of the "Mudhorn Clan".

The Mando figure was just some free model to check for scale. Not sure why they gave him a sword ?

Thoughts ? I think the scale looks roughly right going by footage.

Correct Side.jpg

Correct Mando Perspective.jpg

Correct Perspective.jpg

Taking a page out of Slikkerias' book on big 1/6 figures, and needing somewhere for my OG Mando to stand (considering Beskar Mando will be with the other figures) I'm working towards this as a new project.

I also like that this is a pretty pivotal moment in Season 1 and also the creation of the "Mudhorn Clan".

The Mando figure was just some free model to check for scale. Not sure why they gave him a sword ?

View attachment 486254

View attachment 486255

View attachment 486256

1/6 Mudhorn would be awesome!

View attachment 486254

View attachment 486255

View attachment 486256

You can see the scale quite clearly in this still
4cc2f48b682232717ca4a0194c1c4544.jpg

Yeah I know, but as he moves the body length changes quite a lot. Plus the horn on my model doesn't quite replicate the still if I was to use that as a reference.

When he lands and has head up they are roughly eye to eye.

Either way I think I'm pretty close. Maybe I'll go a tick larger.

Andrew, you're a force to be reckoned with man. The Range trooper turned out just perfect. And this upcoming build? I'm grinning like Jack Nicholson and nodding like a mad man in anticipation.

Back