D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Mods & Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs

Also another WIP I started a couple nights ago; inspired by The Darkness Predator's Iakaru and another clean AceRimmer sculpt.
Im going off the Bistan route to more of a smuggler-bounty hunter - my own EU :D
Hopefully this species will pop up in the Mandalorian before i decide on what skin tones to do on the sculpt and go from there. I'm really digging the new show!

B03F8786-32CE-41D2-8BDD-138D4BC4DB75.jpg

...still experimenting on how much to beef him up (chest area under sculpt for sure) and what other belts and pouches to throw on him.

18FE4EF3-1CA9-4CFA-AD01-C3FC660414E4.jpg

I have a few others projects on the bench I might post, as I usually jump around working on each one till I hit a slump OR just get purely frustrated :lol

Nice one Paul !!

He was originally on my list, but I got sidetracked with several others. Definitely one for later as I'm concentrating on Rogue One characters. The connection of jump suit to the headsculpt will be challenging I think......maybe he'll need a scarf :lol

Duuuuuuuude!!! Amazing job so far! The custom so far is sick!!!

Thanks, Kash!

Nice one Paul !!

He was originally on my list, but I got sidetracked with several others. Definitely one for later as I'm concentrating on Rogue One characters. The connection of jump suit to the headsculpt will be challenging I think......maybe he'll need a scarf :lol

Haha thanks, Andrew! Looking forward to seeing some RO goodness :D

Nice wrap up on the Death Star Droid Paul!

Thanks, Dennis... Much appreciated!

Nice start on Bistan. Looking forward to seeing you tackle him.

I have a few others projects on the bench I might post, as I usually jump around working on each one till I hit a slump OR just get purely frustrated :lol

Please do. I would love to see what you have in the works.

I jump around on projects myself. Sometimes I hit a wall on a character. It is nice to switch it up to avoid getting burnt out mentally.

I will, Chris. It?s hard especially with SoD, Cagoda, and Ajp4mgs skills and offerings which may soon be additions to the growing list hehe.

I love seeing everyone?s customs! You?re killing it with these, I can?t wait to see more!!

Oh that is so awesome!

Thanks, Steven :duff
I like how you added that fabric extension between the flight suit and sculpt on yours. Fills in that space nicely. I just don?t have the tailoring skills to pull that off hehe.

I love seeing everyone?s customs! You?re killing it with these, I can?t wait to see more!!

The customs thread is my favorite place in the forums. So much great things being created here; figures and dioramas that would not be readily produced or even considered by the manufacturers. I always look forward to see what everyone is working on :)
Thanks, James! Will post more as I get a bit further on these guys. Also great work on SoD?s Ephant Mon... looking forward to seeing him all layered up and raggedy :D

Thanks Wor :duff still trying to figure paint scheme for the sculpt and possibly dying the flight suit a different color.

Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs - SSC Shorty Jawa Mod

So finally decided to go in and fully tighten all the joints on one of my Jawas, and ended up doing some extra mods on him.

Shortened arms, legs and fattened him up a bit.

1A119358-2CA4-42DC-998B-E52592471779.jpg

I couldn't get into the ankle pegs so easily and didn't want to risk any breakage... so I just popped the lower knee pegs directly into the feet. Very solid and much more stable than the unwanted swivel i was getting from those ankle pegs.

D38FAD99-7C12-4C77-ADE9-38C7601327CF.jpg

Made the eyes smaller.

C82899C3-B0A3-4262-B3B6-B4FA6369D577.jpg

Shortened and distressed the robe. Still wet from a quick water treatment but will go back and add weathering.

69F10F6C-DE3C-485C-A8D2-BE50330B45FD.jpg

274EA43F-EEB0-419E-8D0C-A9AFFEBBACF9.jpg

7DB130E3-B22D-4F1B-B620-6120B4070EC4.jpg

Awesome ! Another job which I've been meaning to get to as well. I did hear somewhere else that by adding a small cutting of rubber band into the joint can help fill the gap and in turn stiffen it by essentially adding more friction/contact. But now it looks like I have 2 options. :lol

Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs - SSC Shorty Jawa Mod

Thanks guys :duff
I haven't heard of that rubber band fix before. I just used the clear matte nail polish trick.
Apologies for the crappy image, but here's another shot for scale.

IMG_3596.jpg

I love the smaller eyes. I really need to get onto my four Jawas - the joints weren't too floppy on mine but they will get that way over time.

Be careful with the rubber bands though as they degrade fairly quickly.

Great upgrades!! Also hot glue works pretty well to tighten up joints!

Back