Hoody999's Hive of Scum and Villainy : 1/6 Star Wars Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, glad you told me come check your customs thread. Starting great with this one. I especially love how bulky he looks in that group shot. Looks like the one trooper you shouldn’t mess with. Keep up the good work!

Haha thanks man. Didn't notice he is a bit bulkier than the others. Oh well I guess he is a "Tank" trooper. So that works. :wink1:

So I've had Garindan done for a little while. I was originally inspired to finally upgrade my cheap Hasbro Garindan after seeing DR37 and Talibane's great efforts.

I still probably really need to find some replacement gloves, but they'll suffice for now.

Back view also there to show I went the extra mile with the 2 capes !

Thanks for looking.

Garindan_Good1 .jpg

Garindan_Good2_2.jpg

Garindan_Good3.jpg

Garindan Back.jpg

Garindan Close.jpg

Yeah man very cool! The Hasbro gloves really aren?t too bad compared to the usual giganto ones that comes in that line. I?ve kept mine for future mods. Filler (for the cracks), a coat of paint, and dull/matte varnish would make them look good. You?re killing it... keep?em coming :clap

So awesome dude!!! I want to tackle Garindan myself, you did such a great job. It looks professional and so well done!!

Cool!!

I watched Mandalorian episode 1 again recently for reference checking. So awesome to see the classic characters again.

Yep. I just got Disney+ (Europe's first day today). I was having a look at the Rogue One extras again and it just reinforces how much I love that film. Plus all the effort and thought that went into it. Still the best Star Wars film to date imo.

No wonder a lot of my wish custom figures are from Rogue One !! I really hope they follow that same aesthetic for the Cassian series. I guess they will have to in some ways, which is excellent.

OK guys, hopefully just in time for the Solo figures from Hot Toys to hit, I decided to do a Range Trooper. At first he really wasn't my cup of tea, but he definitely grows on you. Something totally different.

Unfortunately no too many during pics as such. Mainly of painting, but you get the idea.

First off of course some printed armour, and all the other stuff needed. Again a lot of work to get these printed at 1/6 scale OK with a decent wall thickness.

Pre 1.jpg

Here's about the only one of the "soft-goods". Jacket I simply painted white. Haha. Over time with fitting etc it has flaked a little bit in some places, however adds to the lived in look I guess. I was originally thinking I might need an undersuit, but didn't need it in the end. Decided to go with pants from a HT Snowtrooper. It had velcro pieces in some of the right spots. So i thought I may be able to attach the armour that way. See later pics of that.

IMG_9229 2.jpg

Then the painting. I'm really no pro when it comes to this, however I have done a bit over the years. So have a bit of a rough idea what to do.

IMG_9469.jpg

IMG_9476.jpg

IMG_9531 2.jpg

IMG_9534 2.jpg

IMG_9532 2.jpg

Thanks guys. I have actually more or less finished him for now. Took a bit of time to do some experimental photography of the more or less final Range Trooper. Still need to construct his customised blaster though.

So here are some final pics.

Black background shot is OK, but I think I like the white for clarity.

Now I just need young Solo to arrive with his big brown coat to stand next to this guy !

Range_Final 1.jpg

Range_Final 2.jpg

Range_Final 6.jpg

Range_Final 8.jpg

Range_Final 9.jpg

Range_Final 10.jpg

A couple of alternative shots.

Range_Final 6_Dark.jpg

Range_Final 3_Alt.jpg

Awesome job, Andrew! Nice details. The cracking and missing paint on the jacket look like happy accidents :) Are you designing and printing all the custom parts?

Awesome job, Andrew! Nice details. The cracking and missing paint on the jacket look like happy accidents :) Are you designing and printing all the custom parts?

Yes paint cracking on the jacket in this case was a bit of a happy accident. Gotta have something go right in this crazy world at the moment !

For the Range and Tank Trooper armour I did actually purchase the models, but had to do a lot of manual work to thicken them. Getting scale right was also no easy thing either. Not as easy as I expected, and a lot of trial and error.

For other figures I'm working on I've designed all parts myself. Like some rifles, backpacks, greeblies etc. In theory I could have designed the armour myself, however it was all a bit much, and potentially a bit beyond my beginner status back then. And yes, printing myself on a resin printer at 0.05-0.01mm layer height. Crazy layer height with 2K X-Y resolution (pretty much as good as it gets at the moment).

Back