Favorite 1/6 Marvel Pick-Up of 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC_0540.jpg

Strange or Road Worn Thor - the former is definitely the more impressive figure but the latter is just outright fun. They pose well together on the shelf.

551f76a61f90d96d82987f0b28d97e50.jpg

Strange or Road Worn Thor - the former is definitely the more impressive figure but the latter is just outright fun. They pose well together on the shelf.

Yeah, definitely, I thought that was interesting how well that works. I like it because loved the scene of Thor and DS in the film and reminds me of it. (I just need a Loki now......:panic:)

It was the year of the Hulkbuster !

For Iron Man fans, probably yes, but I felt like the Hulkbuster had its moment and then interest quickly faded. The MK46 and 47 have been far more popular than it. That's just judging the popularity of photos I've posted though, which covers a wide collecting audience. I think the very long delay played a factor in peoples interest

For Iron Man fans, probably yes, but I felt like the Hulkbuster had its moment and then interest quickly faded. The MK46 and 47 have been far more popular than it. That's just judging the popularity of photos I've posted though, which covers a wide collecting audience.

Im pretty sure its due to accessibility. Mk46/47 is considerably cheaper than HB.

Yeah, definitely, I thought that was interesting how well that works. I like it because loved the scene of Thor and DS in the film and reminds me of it. (I just need a Loki now......:panic:)

Oddly enough, I have mine displayed next to each other as well. They do look good together.

Gotta go with Dr Strange. Really fantastic figure.

Honourable mention to AOS Ghost Rider. I don’t watch the show, but the figure is a sleeper hit.

I picked up...Jesus, 11(!) Marvel figures this year (from Hot Toys: TFA Rescue Cap and regular Cap; CW Bucky, Cap, and Iron Man Mk XLVI; and Doctor Strange, while I also picked up unofficial Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, civvies Frank Castle, and CW civvies Bucky and Wanda).

Of those, I'd have to say the standouts for me were Strange or the Mark XLVI (my first!). The Cumberbatch head sculpt on Strange is amazing, and the accessories and different ways to outfit/pose him are great; meanwhile, the RDJ headsculpt is also outstanding, and the Mark XLVI just seems sturdy and beautifully engineered.

Back