Hoody999's Hive of Scum and Villainy : 1/6 Star Wars Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoody999

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
So after marvelling at the Star Wars custom creations of D.R.37, Son of Dengar, Darkness Predator, Chakaman, Slikkerias, Cagoda and Talibane (sorry if I missed someone) I decided to try my hand at a couple of figures which Hot Toys foolishly skipped over.....

First up is my Rogue One Tank Trooper.

Some first 3D prints.

printed parts.jpg

And a first fitting session....it's amazing how many little problems you run into when printing these. Getting the scale right both optically and to fit the body/clothing etc you have. The devil is certainly in the detail !

fitting_2.jpg

Now for a bit of paint...

paint_2JPG.jpgpainted parts_2.jpgchest paintedJPG.jpg

And now a good month or so after starting, the more or less finished version. Still some small things to do, but almost done.

front finished.jpg
front_close.jpg
close up side.jpg
real close up.jpg

And a final group shot of the troopers I had on hand.

Thanks for looking !

pick the non hot toys.jpg

That looks great! Good stuff.

Looking forward to seeing your future projects. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Chakaman. When you do one yourself it adds a whole level of respect to the stuff you guys do. Especially the scratch building stuff !

I have a few more in the works.

OH MY GOOOOOODDD that is freaking insane!!! So awesome, wow!!! Did you 3D sculpt that yourself? It's amazing, I'm blown away. And you paint job is way too good!!!

Thanks guys. This one I didn't sculpt myself, however I had to do a massive amount of "fixing" in Meshmixer to get it to print OK at 1/6 scale.

Pants made by my mum :) and ribbed Stormtrooper undersuit from another Hot Toys figure.

But for others figures I've got on the go I have done a lot of design work in Fusion 360 myself.

Amazing job, Hoody!

That could double for a Hot Toys release and then some. Wonderful job on the paint apps and weathering, too.

Would it be possible to obtain the 3D files?

Agree with all of the above comments.

Really could be mistaken for a Hot Toys production figure.

Excellent work on this one!

-
Dennis

I am lost for words looking at that custom. Such a wonderful job. Who needs Hot Toys thats for sure. Look forward to seeing more of your skills.

That's a real bobby-dazzler Hoody. Now let's see the poses. I can't wait to see that 1:1 scale Death Star you promised.

Amazing job, Hoody!

That could double for a Hot Toys release and then some. Wonderful job on the paint apps and weathering, too.

Would it be possible to obtain the 3D files?

Really great work.

Agree with all of the above comments.

Really could be mistaken for a Hot Toys production figure.

Excellent work on this one!

-
Dennis

Great job!

I am lost for words looking at that custom. Such a wonderful job. Who needs Hot Toys thats for sure. Look forward to seeing more of your skills.

That's a real bobby-dazzler Hoody. Now let's see the poses. I can't wait to see that 1:1 scale Death Star you promised.

Thanks all. Luckily there was some good reference pics to go by. Defintely a help.

Yes I'll see what I can do about a better pose. Just need to fix a couple of final things.
Umm a 1:1 Deathstar.....did I really commit to that project ?? Must have been drunk I think :lol

Yup, glad you told me come check your customs thread. Starting great with this one. I especially love how bulky he looks in that group shot. Looks like the one trooper you shouldn’t mess with. Keep up the good work!

Back