D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Mods & Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs

Love the Garindan.:clap

So those ebay sculpts were recasts of the hasbro head with some sculpting tweaks? I assumed they were an all-new sculpt.

In terms of the outfit, I searched far and wide but could never find full-body (or even much from the mid-chest down) ref pics for Garindan, so you really only have the Hasbro figs to go on.

The custom cape looks awesome (love that extra hood depth) but for others there was a production hooded cape that works well for this guy - I think Chakaman found it first and I stumbled across one not long after, but I don't recall what fig it was from. I think it was a medieval fig. It's a bit long but is the right hood/upper body shape.

Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs - Garindan

Thank you, guys!

Yeah TB, I initially picked up the sculpt prior to getting a good price on the Hasbro figure, about $20 instead of the $40+ at the time. As you mentioned it is essentially the Hasbro sculpt with a newly sculpted snout and extended neck. I would?ve been fine using the Hasbro but already picked it up for about the same price so it didn?t kill me. Kind of funny I went about this figure backwards since i didn?t plan on doing him. Just picked up the eBay sculpt while parts shopping hehe.

Thanks man, I think i saw some images of the figure. A medieval monk I think? I went off a pdf I found (RPF or 501st?) since images of him are so rare and it had nice shots of the/a outfit.

Really like the finished look of this. Well done. Think I will have ago with my limited skills.

Great job on these figures. That Two -Tubes is amazing.

I also have been collecting parts for upgrading the Hasbro Garindan, which is really one of their better releases.

The cape is actually not too bad. I did pick up a black spec-ops outfit to replace the Hasbro one. Obtained some tall black boots as well.

My plan is to replace the body but unsure yet which one to get, as I want to make sure the head sculpt works ok with it.

Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs - Garindan

Thank you. I haven?t seen many Hasbro 12? figs in hand but yes, this is very well proportioned compared to others, as well as the gloves - not like the usual boxing gloves that comes with the line.

Thank you. I haven?t seen many Hasbro 12? figs in hand but yes, this is very well proportioned compared to others, as well as the gloves - not like the usual boxing gloves that comes with the line.

I really like some those old Hasbro figs - I find they have sculpt accuracy that's lacking on even some SSC and HT figures. I used the hasbro 12" Bossk (head, arms and legs) and Zuckuss (head and belts/bandoliers/tubes) figs as the basis for my custom figs (with heavy modding.)

49244399466_3f6d3b8c20_k.jpg

49244420886_8712aa5740_o.png

Those look great, TaliBane :clap
How did you remove the SSC Bossk arms and legs? I?ve been trying to switch suits on mine and it seems like they?ll break instead of pop out of joint.

Those look great, TaliBane :clap
How did you remove the SSC Bossk arms and legs? I?ve been trying to switch suits on mine and it seems like they?ll break instead of pop out of joint.

I actually didn't do the breakdown on the SSC Bossk - another boardie on here did it when he sold me the parts. And yeah, it seems like it was a bit of an ordeal but I can't say what's involved as I've never had the full fig in-hand.

FYI the Hasbro arms and legs on mine are quite heavily modded though. I just like the uneven scales sculpt on the hasbro versus the "bumpy sausages" on the SSC arms/legs.

A key drawback of my custom bossk is that the SSC jumpsuit is slightly too short in terms of the length of torso (another issue is that the shoulder "flag" emblem is placed much too low on the SSC jumpsuit. )

I was planning to try to get a second SSC jumpsuit to lengthen mine a bit but the SSC figure is just too expensive to be tearing up another fig (and there's not alot of other parts you can sell easily,) so I'm just living with a slightly shortened torso.

Ahh gotcha. Hopefully I can find a way. I?ll try the Bossk thread. I?m pretty sure someone has switched outfits the past couple years. I forgot who.
?Bumpy sausages? :lol
I do like like the look of Hasbro arms and legs: more defined and the scales look more natural and not so uniform.
Thanks TB

Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs - SSC Bossk V2 Revamp

Slightly nerve-racking but I was able to finally get the arms off without any damage. I applied a lot more heat and some extra force, which was a bit scary, removed the padded suit and lightened his overall skin/scale tone. I think he came out pretty good.

F7C0CF00-A0AC-4711-8132-3F00A6C3CD71.jpg

0B623737-8CB4-453F-82F2-1FF81DD02353.jpg

1D267811-2C69-4FA7-BD64-EF365A6982C5.jpg

5C806EEF-0B12-4EC1-8A84-FDA288DC69A8.jpg

The V.1 outfit used metal wires for the cabling while the V.2 uses a soft rubber; much more pliable (sits better on the body) and safer to work with than those wires. I'm sure those may brake if bent back and forth too much. I might swap those back.

That Bossk turned out great. Congrats on making such a scary move — it definitely paid off.

Thanks, Stryker. I kept seeing this gapping on the articulating part of the elbow joint that would flex out every time I pulled on it.

75FA9B71-5F46-43FF-A7F4-40AF6FF47005.jpg

I kept an eye on it making sure it didn't spread any further. I'm relieved nothing broke :D

Looks great dude. I would like to find a v2 and have a go at a repaint and kitbash myself.

Nice job!

Thanks, Chris! :duff

I decided to touch up his Relby V10 blaster with a bit of wear n' tear and my attempt at a wooden stalk.

CCDA62FE-A659-4291-B418-2532B47778A4.jpg

Back