Favorite 1/6 Marvel Pick-Up of 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoGS

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey Freaks!

I don't post often but it's been a fun year on the forum regardless. I thought maybe we could spend the next few days reminiscing on our favorite 2017 Marvel pick-ups.

Rules: Not many!

1) It could be a figure that released in 2017, an older figure that you finally decided you had to make a part of your collection, a bash/custom, anything Marvel 1/6.
2) Post a picture if possible and why it's your favorite of 2017.

Hopefully we'll see some good variety and it'll be a fun way to share arguably the most exciting part of this hobby -- finally getting the figure in hand!

Just to get it started, I've picked up 4 HT's this year, all Marvel: the Mk46, CW Battling Cap, LA Thor, and my personal favorite pick-up of 2017, the movie promo Avengers Mk6. It was a figure I wanted for a few years but kept putting off due to crazy asking prices. Truth be told, I'm a sucker for "limited" things, so even with the DC Mk6 looming I still wanted the Avengers Mk6. So not only will I be getting an "upgraded" version of the Mk6 in the diecast, the announcement also caused some sellers to finally drop their prices.

The end result? My favorite MCU armor in-hand and grail pick-up/2017 pick-up of the year!

2017-12-27 00.09.48.jpg

Thanks for looking Freaks and please share!

My 2017 favorite. It’s self-explanatory. :)

2fcf9685f9f10a0495493b111d226e58.jpg

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I just started collecting in February and only picked up Loki and the Chitauri this year. I think it's pretty obvious why Loki is my favorite. ;)

cmPR9gg.png

Bgnyc007 - I bet Hulkbuster will be on the list for many...he's very impressive!

And I have to agree with Chakor Channing that Avengers Loki is one of very few figures - for me at least - that have really stood the test of time. I just don't see any time I'll ever need another Loki in my collection, that one is just PERFECT.

I actually had to go back and look at which figures I picked up this year - it's been a looooong year. My list is:

- Civil War Falcon
- Civil War Scarlet Witch
- on a whim, AoU Quicksilver
And then nothing for months until Christmas morning, when I got:
- GotG Drax
- Dr. Strange

Out of the 4, I'm torn between Falcon and Dr. Strange. Falcon is very impressive on the shelf, but I think I've gotta go with Dr. Strange. Just unpacking him was a treat. My wife even commented on how long I took just getting him out of the box. I didn't take a pic yet, but I will and edit this post.

He's not perfect - the backdrop is awful short for a figure on a flying stand, and I would much rather have had an articulated flight stand (so much so I already modded one for him), but the figure itself is just fan-friggin-tastic!

Iron Man Mark 46 - warning phone quality photo.
aqSmfURl.jpg

Probably helped his chance being my favorite Marvel pickup of the year seeing as how it is the only Marvel HT I own. :lol
That being said I chose this one as I really liked the armor design, the classic colors of the armor, the head sculpt (minus the black eye), the amount of extras you get with it, the excellent display base, and the art box is display worthy as well. Really happy with my purchase & I hope HT doesn't release another Iron Man I want. Star Wars trooper already put a dent in my wallet.

Bgnyc007 - I bet Hulkbuster will be on the list for many...he's very impressive!
Out of the 4, I'm torn between Falcon and Dr. Strange. Falcon is very impressive on the shelf, but I think I've gotta go with Dr. Strange. Just unpacking him was a treat. My wife even commented on how long I took just getting him out of the box. I didn't take a pic yet, but I will and edit this post.

He's not perfect - the backdrop is awful short for a figure on a flying stand, and I would much rather have had an articulated flight stand (so much so I already modded one for him), but the figure itself is just fan-friggin-tastic!
That Dr. Strange is really tempting. The sculpt is fantastic.

It WAS a fun year collecting-wise - along with some *angst* (over some polys too). Since I'm relatively new at collecting and early Spring stuff started to really roll in $$$$

So, OK, CW Bucky and Falcon don't really count IMO:cool:, 'coz they got PO'd back in 2016 - but at least 2 of my fav characters finally showed up. I mention 'coz CW Cap sat for a good while with no company:(...it was a great day when CW Bucky finally showed up. :)

Buckyduo.jpg

And finally CW Falcon rolled in...finally. He was sold out everywhere....:horror

Phicen_snowbase_withfigures.jpg

Anyway come to think of it, I had a lot of "firsts". First IM. First DS. First Thor. Any of those 3 am kinda tempted to say best...but actually for a big honorable mention I'm gonna say OSK's fantastic BP sculpt. High marks for sculpt, paint, beauty:clap. It just elevated my BP so much and was a great pick-up:

BP_custom1.jpg

And for the "best" I'll put up one that surprised me - CW Black Widow. She was kind of a splurge - really picked up after Freaks' comments about how this might be the last "classic" Black Widow ever released:horror. Even after all the comments I dunno - I have beautiful SW so wasn't thinking. Anyway love her:love - really gorgeous sculpt and a great contrast on the shelf; sturdy - so gonna list her as the fav of 2017 because like the BP sculpt, when you are expecting "OK" and get STELLAR it's a good feeling.:cool:

BW1.jpg

BW2.jpg

I snagged Winter Soldier V1 off Ebay earlier in the year. I had to let him go back when he first came out for financial reasons. There was always an ache to get him in the collection, and now he's finally there. Feels good.

Just the sheer size of this beast makes it my #1 pickup for the year but an honorable mention would be the good Doctor Stephen Strange.

Hulky 3.30.13 PM.jpg

Since I'm going for all the Iron Man armors, I can't really narrow down a favorite purchase, but I do have a best pick-up of 2017. I managed a mint NIB Avengers Coulson from ebay for $165. I consider myself lucky on that one.
Ryan

Hulkbuster is #1, followed by Diecast War Machine MK1 and the MK46 Diecast.

I think Soul of Chogokin Golion (Voltron) is my figure of the year. I bought two so I could display both modes. It’s also cool that they’ve more than doubled in value in 6 months. [emoji15]

2dd01ac87ee6ea90386eabead39b67ea.jpeg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dr. Strange, for sure. I just love the figure and I think he's my favorite HT in my collection. And I have a blast taking photos of him too.

36650294963_32523d419d_b.jpg

Back