Can HT still do BMR if SSC does not give them license?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c11098

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have been asked by some local collectors ... it seems like ... now SSC owns the DC and the WB licenses and many HT figures are licensed by WB rather than DC directly .... so wondering it is going to change anything.

I have been asked by some local collectors ... it seems like ... now SSC owns the DC and the WB licenses and many HT figures are licensed by WB rather than DC directly .... so wondering it is going to change anything.

Wouldn't be surprised if they were two different regional licenses. If not, I'd look to the T2 HT figures for an example.

I imagine just like other properties more than one 1/6 company will have access to the license. As happy as I am that Sideshow has gotten the DC license, if it meant loosing out on HT figures I'd unhappy.

I kind of think that Sideshow may focus on 1/6 comic inspired figures, and leave the movie 1/6 to HT.

DC Comic license != WB film or TV license.

Film merchandising is not the same thing. People thinking SS can suddenly make a Reeve Superman PF or Linda Carter WW are loco de la cabasa.

This should not impact HT in any way, and even if it did in the future the existing licenses would be grandfathered.

Yeah I'm wondering too:dunno

I think the BM part is Bowel Movement. Not sure on the R.

FiyfL.gif

Sideshow Collectibles is giving out licenses for Bowel Movement Releases now? Man...they are spread themselves thin......

HT and SSC are partners on many things. But movie licenses are on a case by case basis.

However it does mean that if HT gets a movie license then, because SSC has the DC license they can distribute the HT product in the US.

Back