1/6 Hot Toys - MMS681 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Mace Windu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean, I'm fine with folks saying they bought it for a representation of THE CHARACTER and admitting the sculpt is a blatent miss.

But the ones that double down saying they "clearly see SLJ" in the sculpt are absolutely the ones you're referring to imo.

I want both, personally. The character AND the actor playing them. Why I still don't own a single Obi-Wan figure to this day from HT.

Every single one of them are hilariously NOT McGregor's likeness. But Obi-Wan sells, don't require it.

I mean, you are not wrong BUT which figure is not a good representation of the character? I mean, for that you only need to use the same clothes and accesories... that the bare minimum. By that logic I could take a Ken doll figure, dress it in a brown tunic give a purple stick and it would be a fine "representation" of Mace, wouldn't?

You’re right. I was pushing it. I’ll delete it my dude.
I don't care that you don't like it - the sculpt definitely sucks and was mailed in. It looks better in some photos and worse in others, but it shouldn't come to that. Not when Hot Toys is capable of better and it's clear they were just lazy here. That post was just way overkill.

I don't care that you don't like it - the sculpt definitely sucks and was mailed in. It looks better in some photos and worse in others, but it shouldn't come to that. Not when Hot Toys is capable of better and it's clear they were just lazy here. That post was just way overkill.

You’re right man, I got caught up with the posts and energy that came before and wanted to break some ****s 😅.

I've seen a few people mention in FB groups that are HT sellers that this is now 100% shipped and there is now no HK stock remaining.
I know this figure is getting a lot of hate, but just to inform everyone if anyone is on the fence, I would buy now.

Same with Clone Wars Obi-Wan

I can't find the post right now but I could have sworn someone mentioned they were willing to give their Mace PO from OSK to someone if they were interested. I might be interested depending on how much Kit was asking.

I can't find the post right now but I could have sworn someone mentioned they were willing to give their Mace PO from OSK to someone if they were interested. I might be interested depending on how much Kit was asking.
You're not crazy because I remember something along those lines as well. Scroll back. You may find them.

even the skin tone is wrong
you know sometimes I roll my eyes when I read ''this looks nothing like''
cause I see it so often
and sometimes on what I consider very good sculpts
but this just doesn't look like there is much SLJ in it
those lips should be much darker too

even the skin tone is wrong
you know sometimes I roll my eyes when I read ''this looks nothing like''
cause I see it so often
and sometimes on what I consider very good sculpts
but this just doesn't look like there is much SLJ in it
those lips should be much darker too

The eyes, overall shape of his head, and the lips are all wrong. On the figure the cupids bow shape on his lips is VERY apparent, where SLJ’s lips just aren’t as…I don’t know how to say this…lush?? For crying out loud the philtrum (the space between the nose and lips) is enough to illustrate how off the sculpt it.

IMG_2565.jpeg

It’s just not SLJ at all.

People getting harassed by the copium crew over their opinions of this being a legitimately bad sculpt for once is pretty telling. We all want this character on our shelf. Some of us want it to actually look like Sam Jackson though.
It'll pass.

A few posts on Reddit, a few up votes, a few down votes.

In the end, folks that bought it will never get the "look what I got!" feeling from their peers in the community and the ones that didn't buy it will always **** on the ones who did.

The figure will never bring folks together in joy. Just how this one goes.

It'll pass. The world keeps spinning.

It'll pass.

A few posts on Reddit, a few up votes, a few down votes.

In the end, folks that bought it will never get the "look what I got!" feeling from their peers in the community and the ones that didn't buy it will always **** on the ones who did.

The figure will never bring folks together in joy. Just how this one goes.

It'll pass. The world keeps spinning.
Yeah, I’m not even talking about Reddit. That place can fall out a senator’s window for all I care. 😂

It’s all over the fb groups though. Copium hardcore. Never, ever seen it like this before. Not even with Darth Maul.

And this isn’t even Darth Maul. It’s not a dude in makeup. They did Samuel L Jackson justice (ten years ago?) with their Nick Fury figure. Why was this one so difficult? Just like with the 1.0 Maul, it looks like a cosplayer.

Maul is getting a 2.0 because they messed that first sculpt up so badly. They will do the same thing with Mace. I won’t be getting it though. Sorry, but my days of double dipping and playing that little Hasbro game are coming to a close. This is it for me. This is the Mace that will be on my shelf, since I already had it paid off and was hoping and praying they would improve the sculpt at release—which they didn’t. Oh well, I guess.

Yeah, I’m not even talking about Reddit. That place can fall out a senator’s window for all I care. 😂

It’s all over the fb groups though. Copium hardcore. Never, ever seen it like this before. Not even with Darth Maul.

And this isn’t even Darth Maul. It’s not a dude in makeup. They did Samuel L Jackson justice (ten years ago?) with their Nick Fury figure. Why was this one so difficult? Just like with the 1.0 Maul, it looks like a cosplayer.

Maul is getting a 2.0 because they messed that first sculpt up so badly. They will do the same thing with Mace. I won’t be getting it though. Sorry, but my days of double dipping and playing that little Hasbro game are coming to a close. This is it for me. This is the Mace that will be on my shelf, since I already had it paid off and was hoping and praying they would improve the sculpt at release—which they didn’t. Oh well, I guess.
I mean, this has all been covered again and again. There's really nothing left to argue about.

Let the ones that feel upset about it... feel upset about it.

Let the ones that bought it... enjoy it.

I'm on to bigger and better things 😉

I mean, this has all been covered again and again. There's really nothing left to argue about.

Let the ones that feel upset about it... feel upset about it.

Let the ones that bought it... enjoy it.

I'm on to bigger and better things 😉
I mean, I bought it, but I’m certainly not going to enjoy it? 😂

Kind of the same ordeal as Maul, to be honest. And some of the other inaccurate Star Wars figure sculpts. It’s like they’re playing Russian roulette. Sometimes there’s a real banger in there.

At least with Maul, he’s my favorite Star Wars character and character design. So, I’ll get the figure begrudgingly. I’m not really wanting to fork over more money for an updated Mace. Should’ve been done right the first time. And that’s even without the rolling eyes feature. To me, I can live without it. It’s great when it’s there though.

Back