Can a Sequel ever be better than the Original?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now we have a thread! USCMHicks is here! give it up people:banana:chew:banana:chew

:banana:banana:banana:lol:lol

I love alien and aliens equally but with aliens having so much memorabillia that I have and am customizing I pay more attention to it.
Then again I love alien 3 and although it wasn't needed I do actually like ressurection alot too.
Guess I'm jsut a sucker for anything alien.. other than avp-r.

:banana:banana:banana:lol:lol

I love alien and aliens equally but with aliens having so much memorabillia that I have and am customizing I pay more attention to it.
Then again I love alien 3 and although it wasn't needed I do actually like ressurection alot too.
Guess I'm jsut a sucker for anything alien.. other than avp-r.

You make AVP-R seem like a tele-marketing scheme with that industrail sized small print! Maybe it was:(

Wolf still kicks ass!!

IT WAS. :lecture:lol

Yeah , Wolf does kick ass though. :rock:rock

I struggled to do this but.... 5 Things I Like About AVP-R...

1) Wolf and his weapons

2) The AVP-R's Sound effects e.g, Peacock Elephant sound and Pred 1 soundtrack.

3) The Pred-Alien, was awesome apart from it's free love attitude towards combat in some of the movie..

4) AVP-R's Alien warriors! Ridged Head Rocks:rock2:rock2:rock2

5) The Facehuggers unique way of dispousing sewer hobos!!!:banana:thwak:thwak

Thats about it....

I struggled to do this but.... 5 Things I Like About AVP-R...

1) Wolf and his weapons

2) The AVP-R's Sound effects e.g, Peacock Elephant sound and Pred 1 soundtrack.

3) The Pred-Alien, was awesome apart from it's free love attitude towards combat in some of the movie..

4) AVP-R's Alien warriors! Ridged Head Rocks:rock2:rock2:rock2

5) The Facehuggers unique way of dispousing sewer hobos!!!:banana:thwak:thwak

Thats about it....

Yep.. pretty much agree there.
I wasn't a fan of the aliens though to be honest. It wasn't the design of them but the way they were flimed. There was certain parts like in the kitchen when one of the aliens goes right up to the girls face and I swear eveytime I see that scene the alien just looks like a puppet ( which it is obviously ). Now if Ridley Scott can make an alien look 10 times more real nearly 30 years before a movie based on the same one somethings wrong.

I think they may have made the movie a little dark on purpose. Some things still stand out for me in the movie and don't look real.
It always takes the effect away and pulls you away from the story.

Then again the story sucks anyway. :lol:monkey1:monkey3

The film was too dark! IMO, and the storys main character is horny Pizza boy who keeps perving over some jock ^^^^^! Sorry for my out burst there. I have to turn the brightness almost to max! Every time I watch it! I have a custom setting called AVP-R where I have saturation and lighting balanced perfectly!

1) Spiderman 2 has been mentioned at least twice and 2) Silence of the lambs is the first film! Hannibal was the sequel!

My list would be Terminator 2 Aliens Beverly Hills Cop 2 Dark Knight Superman 2 Missing in Action part 2 Empire Strikes Back Leathal Weapon 2 Roadwarrior Psycho 2

Wolf sucks ass...and is THE dumbest Predator of all. Would you go up agaisnt 12 lions with a machete....?

They made Red Dragon, which is Manhunter, so...Silence isnt in the same film series as Manhunter.

Just because Hopkins wasn't in it means that it isn't the same series? So, Hannibal wasn't part of the series because Jodie Foster didn't reprise her role?

Yea I feel Termiantor and Alien are superior to the sequels too.

Empire Strikes Back
The Dark Knight
For A Few Dollars More
Good, Bad and the Ugly
From Russia With Love
Goldfinger
Spiderman 2
X-Men 2

My list would be Terminator 2 Aliens Beverly Hills Cop 2 Dark Knight Superman 2 Missing in Action part 2 Empire Strikes Back Leathal Weapon 2 Roadwarrior Psycho 2

Really BHC and Lethal Weapon? Granted they aren't by any means bad sequels but the original BHC is just awesome, and the scene in LW with Mel on the roof and then in the coffee shop after will never be topped in that franchise imo.

Well atleast Leathal weapon. I gonna have to take a look at BHC and it`s sequal again, since it`s been probably 5-6 years since I watched those, hopefully dont have to take words back. By the way Godfather 2, there`s a sequel

*Deep Breath*

POC: Dead Man's Chest
The Dark Knight
The Empire Strikes Back
Underworld Evolutions
Blade 2
LOTR: The Two Towers
The Good the Bad and the Ugly
Terminator 2
Back to the Future II
The Bourne Supremacy

Back