[Blitzway] The Silence of the Lambs: Hannibal Lecter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I've been told - it's one figure. I'm assuming that means it comes with the gurney and straight jacket outfit (maybe with arms already in it?)

Ah ok.. that would be perfect! thanks for the info. :)

My guess is this, two ways to buy, or one expensive set with all these pieces.

I think that makes sense.. it will be great with those options for sure.

One guy asked someone from the booth how the arms work and they said you have to swap them out. So I suppose they are not bendable at all. I wouldn't mind that actually.

I got the same info from someone there; it's one figure with swappable arms and 2 headsculpts. No word on the elbow articulation, but it looks like the hand positions are fixed

From what I've been told - it's one figure. I'm assuming that means it comes with the gurney and straight jacket outfit (maybe with arms already in it?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm...so it's a partial statue, with limited mobility. Maybe if they make the blue jumpsuit version it can have traditional arm joints since the outfit has long sleeves.

I got the same info from someone there; it's one figure with swappable arms and 2 headsculpts. No word on the elbow articulation, but it looks like the hand positions are fixed
Sounds pretty cool. I assume the body is artuculated? I wish he'd come with a set of articulates arms, too. Though that would add to what looks like an already packed set. That is if ALL of that stuff is for a single package.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I don't think any of Hitchcock's movies are Horror...Psycho and the Birds come close but I still place them in the suspense/thriller genre kind of like both versions of Cape Fear...no doubt though Silence of the Lambs has definitely been placed in that genre by some writers and then not by others...my wife and I have an on-going debate about Jaws which I also do not consider to be a "Horror" movie but plenty of others certainly do...

This whole discussion reminds me of an essay I read back in a film class in college about horror movies. It stated that because horror is seen by most critics and audience to be a "lesser" genre of film, any horror film that actually manages to be high quality is relabeled as belonging to a different genre.

Movies like "Seven", "Silence of the Lambs", "Shutter Island" or "Psycho"; which by any reasonable definition are certainly horror films, are typically referred to as "Psychological thrillers" or "Suspense".

I don't think any of those films are horror films....
Closest I can think of is American Werewolf in London, which critics liked.

I don't think any of those films are horror films....
Closest I can think of is American Werewolf in London, which critics liked.

Yup...all Suspense Thrillers...they call Hitchcock the "Master of Suspense" not the "Master of Horror." American Werewolf would be a Horror Comedy which is fair...

Re: Blitzway 1/6 Scale Hannibal Lecter

So the first Friday the 13th isn't horror? And Lecter is no less a monster than Leatherface. He just doesn't look like a lunatic and can speak English.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

So the first Friday the 13th isn't horror? And Lecter is no less a monster than Leatherface. He just doesn't look like a lunatic and can speak English.

Fair point, but I think the difference lies in the psychological aspect, and the mental cat and mouse. SOTL had much more of a cerebral quality spending the majority of the film with detective type things.

Friday the 13Th , Texas chainsaw, spends most of the time watching naked teens get cut apart in different ways.

I would say the SAW films are a better question of horror or psychological thriller?

Yeah...if Leatherface spent 90% of the movie engaged in dark, but civil conversation with an FBI Agent before committing one violent act at the end I probably would not think of it as a Horror movie either...

Yeah...if Leatherface spent 90% of the movie engaged in dark, but civil conversation with an FBI Agent before committing one violent act at the end I probably would not think of it as a Horror movie either...

LOL.......

Lots of hair splitting round heah. I guess Poltergeist (another Tobe Hooper movie) also isn't horror.

Last edited:

Lots of hair splitting round heah. I guess Poltergeist (another Tobe Hooper movie) also isn't horror.

Just discussions.......

I would call Poltergeist Horros.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SOTL isn't horro because it's story and character driven and dialog heavy. Poltergeist is horror because it's made to try to scare you, not engross you in the actual characters or really even the story. Friday the 13th Texas chainsaw etc etc are all about the kills.

SOTL isn't horro because it's story and character driven and dialog heavy. Poltergeist is horror because it's made to try to scare you, not engross you in the actual characters or really even the story. Friday the 13th Texas chainsaw etc etc are all about the kills.

This explains the difference between Drama/Suspense/Thriller and Horror in a manner that makes good sense.

But Poltergeist is also story and character driven and dialog heavy. and it does try to engross you in the characters and story. It's essentially a Spielberg horror film.

Well when I watched poltergeist as a kid it was scary and I didn't really care about the characters, when I watch it now it's a cheesy horror flick that's fun to watch. When I first watched sotl I thought it was a really good movie and I still feel that way. Also horror is usually like poltergeist related to supernatural things, undead monsters who can't be stopped or killed. Sotl is based in reality.

SOTL isn't horror because it's story and character driven and dialog heavy.

Exactly my point. Why exactly can't a horror film be story or character driven while still being considered belonging to the genre?

Comedy, action, drama, ect are genres which cover a wide range of styles and formulas. Horror is the only one in which we apply such a narrow definition to, the extent to which is usually inversely correlated to quality. The better (or rather more cerebral) the film is, the more we try and state that it must not be horror. Even though any film at all that is made to frighten or unsettle the audience qualifies as being part of the genre. Including every single one discussed in this thread, which are all horror films. Just ones that vary in their style.

Last edited:
Back