[Blitzway] The Silence of the Lambs: Hannibal Lecter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway 1/6 Scale Hannibal Lecter

I am starting to think I am going to be a bigger BW fan than HT in terms of overall choices they make.

Hot Toys used to be like Blitzway, but for better or worse, they've changed, but it's also opened the door for companies like Asmus, ThreeZero and Blitzway to come along and fill that void of produce the more obscure properties while Hot Toys and Sideshow are your mainstream companies. Outside of hot, popular licenses or actors, you can't count on HT for much anymore except the occasional license that likely only they could ever convince anyone to give or afford to pay for, like Back to the Future.

I really hope the normal head sculpt comes with the blue jumper.

If they don't then some knock off company probably will make it, but of course would be better if I didn't have to buy additional accessories.

If they were offering the blue jumpsuit, I'm sure one of the 3 display models at SDCC would have had it, but you never know.

What is Hannibal's "definitive" costume? Obviously the mask, straight jacket and dolly is one of them but that was just one scene. I've always been a fan of the blue jumpsuit. That's how I picture him, in his cell with the glass window, standing there with perfect posture.

The mask gets the most attention because the image sets apart from just Anthony Hopkins in a jumpsuit, but the most summary look of him is the blue jumpsuit behind the glass, especially after Red Dragon.

NECA ignored the blue jumpsuit because there were really no accessories or anything to make it an appealing figure, rather they went with the dolly and mask for one figure and bloody paint apps and a jail cell dio for the other.

As simple as it is, you would think Blitzway could affordably include a jumpsuit with this version of the figure.

20258168_1637690072932645_6083568688178692713_n.jpg

Hot Toys used to be like Blitzway, but for better or worse, they've changed, but it's also opened the door for companies like Asmus, ThreeZero and Blitzway to come along and fill that void of produce the more obscure properties while Hot Toys and Sideshow are your mainstream companies. Outside of hot, popular licenses or actors, you can't count on HT for much anymore except the occasional license that likely only they could ever convince anyone to give or afford to pay for, like Back to the Future.

My first Hot Toys was The Godfather. I wish they'd do more classics like that! Would love a Quint, Dirty Harry, Norman Bates, etc.

All we know so far is that it comes with interchangeable arms.

Ah....

Something keeps drawing me back to this. I really like the chubby arms. I really like this figure. It's not perfect -- but I like what Blitzway is trying to do here. I like the 'unique body' that is trying to be Hopkins. This is the first time I've seen something like this in 1/6th. The statue hybrid is a good idea for some figures.

Ah....

Something keeps drawing me back to this. I really like the chubby arms. I really like this figure. It's not perfect -- but I like what Blitzway is trying to do here. I like the 'unique body' that is trying to be Hopkins. This is the first time I've seen something like this in 1/6th. The statue hybrid is a good idea for some figures.

I hope it comes with a set of movable arms, so that it's truly a figure. It could if he had long sleeves, but who knows? We don't even know if it's one or two different figures or a full set.

I this Wor is correct...the first true 1/6 figure hybrid?

It's a pretty good idea. Most collectors pic a pose or 2 anyway. These poses are what most would do.

I am going to get this....to replace the NECA version I sold a while back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the first 1/6 articulated figure with static arms. Ht did it with hulk. Someone mentioned that a Vader figure also had sculpted, folded arms.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Why somebody else don't ask BW in messenger like I did.Maybe they gived to me wrong answer about figure and those are statues?

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

I think it's a challenge to define what this piece is for anyone.

I don't believe it qualifies as a figure in the traditional Sideshow / Hot Toys sense of a figure, but it also doesn't qualify as a statue by the traditional definition established by companies like Bowen, PCS, etc.

In this con shot, the legs appear more open then the official shot, suggesting articulation.

SDCC-2017-Blitzway-025.jpg

Blitzway-Hannibal-Lecter-011.jpg

In this shot, the folds in the shirt suggest that there is abdominal articulation.

Blitzway-Hannibal-Lecter-010.jpg

From photos, here's what I'm seeing for versions.

1. Closed mouth and grin portraits with white outfit and club accessory, with 2 pairs of arms.

2. Closed mouth with white outfit and prison cell chair diorama base.

3. Closed mouth and grin portrait with orange suit and straight jacket with dolly and 2 forms of masks.

Will pick up the 1:6 figure (I think I saw that one pic stating this would be 1:6).

Blitzway has been nailing it lately with the good headsculpt likeness and giving some attention to older licenses (Basic Instinct, Rocky 2, Silence of the Lambs).

I think #3 would be mu choice. I prefer the closed mouth out of the two sculpts.

Dolly is my personal preference, so I'd hope for a closed mouth option, though no pics of that one have it.

Other route for me would be get a jumpsuit and change clothes on the standing figure. Chair version has no appeal for me.

His arms look like those fake arms they put on stuntmen before they light them on fire.

But I love 'em.

What's the face no one likes, the 'toofy' one? I'll take that one... in the chair please. Maulfan hates my display.

Personally, I hate the raised club pose -- looks like a really bad wax museum figure.

Back