[Blitzway] The Silence of the Lambs: Hannibal Lecter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opened mine today (dolly) and got a non-shiny one. Frankly, to my eye the paint apps are just as good as Hot Toys'.

But here's a question: how did Neca get around the copyright for the mask on their figures? Did they get a license you think or...?

DUDE! It's been ages I thought we lost ya. Welcome back!

Yup the heads plug right onto a TT with no mods. Its the style that has the neck plug flush with the bottom of the head.

I'm going to repaint the arms and a second bloody closed mouth portrait. After that I'll give my long ago promised breakdown on the white version and the body mods I did etc.

Haha what's up brother!

I didn't go too far. I've still been collecting the licenced stuff, but I've been out of touch with the custom scene for a little bit (looking to get back in!). Just can't dedicate time to the forum and obsessing over figs like I used to, but I miss it. Glad to see most of the usual suspects are still here whenever I tune in every now and again.

How about the shoes? Do those fit right on TTs too? The ball of the foot peg on the BW body looked a lot bigger than the standard HT is your pic

Re: Blitzway 1/6 Scale Hannibal Lecter

For those friends, who wanted to help me to get Mr.Hopkins head- I've bought it from Mr.E, don't look for it for me anymore :)
I still need to find DID Mr.Moore head, but it's wrong to write it here ;)

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

I got my Lecter with the dolly yesterday, and it's a very nice figure. I think I must have gotten one with better paint apps, because I have no real complaints. It's got a much better skin tone than my Tyler Durden and caucasian Ghostbusters. Shoes are just molded plastic in black, which I was expecting, but it would have been nice to see a bit more detail there. Padding might be a bit excessive on the figure, but nothing that is going to make me do mods. Clothing and straight jacket are a nice, thin material, with good stitching.

Figure looks so awesome on the display. I've got minimal collectibles in my office, since I've got clients and administrators coming in to see me periodically, but I think he might make the cut.

The dolly seems primarily (if not totally) plastic, and so it is lighter and more fragile than I was expecting. A wheel from the back came off the peg when I was trying to set it up. So, folks may want to take some care there. Though I didn't get one to see it in person, I can only assume the Robbie version is infinitely better. But it does the job cosmetically.

I have three concerns moving forward with him, though. The first is that the strap you use to tie his upper body into the dolly is really tight. The strap is up to the task, but it's putting pressure on the little metal clasp, and I worry about what that might do over time.

The second thing, and probably the main issue, is that you connect the mask (the one where the senator talks to him) using little plastic straps that are pegged into the mask, and these don't peg in very well. They kept falling off as I tried to put it on him, and I'm really concerned one might just fall off and get lost. I might try to glue one side in, though I'm not the most skilled person at doing this kind of work, and might end up leaving glue residue on the outside of the mask. So, I might not do anything. If anyone were to create an updated mask with fabric straps and a better paint job. . .I would be very interested!

The third thing was that the locks that go around his ankles are made in two parts--the body of the lock, and the locking loop at the top. You just pull them apart and push them back in to take the locks off and insert his legs into the dolly. But it's just plastic, and only holds because the fit is tight. A working part with one side permanently stuck into the body of the lock would have made me less concerned. Over time, I'm worried one of the locks might fall apart and the piece might get lost.

But hopefully nothing will come from any of this.

I got my Lecter with the dolly yesterday, and it's a very nice figure. I think I must have gotten one with better paint apps, because I have no real complaints. It's got a much better skin tone than my Tyler Durden and caucasian Ghostbusters. Shoes are just molded plastic in black, which I was expecting, but it would have been nice to see a bit more detail there. Padding might be a bit excessive on the figure, but nothing that is going to make me do mods. Clothing and straight jacket are a nice, thin material, with good stitching.

Figure looks so awesome on the display. I've got minimal collectibles in my office, since I've got clients and administrators coming in to see me periodically, but I think he might make the cut.

The dolly seems primarily (if not totally) plastic, and so it is lighter and more fragile than I was expecting. A wheel from the back came off the peg when I was trying to set it up. So, folks may want to take some care there. Though I didn't get one to see it in person, I can only assume the Robbie version is infinitely better. But it does the job cosmetically.

I have three concerns moving forward with him, though. The first is that the strap you use to tie his upper body into the dolly is really tight. The strap is up to the task, but it's putting pressure on the little metal clasp, and I worry about what that might do over time.

The second thing, and probably the main issue, is that you connect the mask (the one where the senator talks to him) using little plastic straps that are pegged into the mask, and these don't peg in very well. They kept falling off as I tried to put it on him, and I'm really concerned one might just fall off and get lost. I might try to glue one side in, though I'm not the most skilled person at doing this kind of work, and might end up leaving glue residue on the outside of the mask. So, I might not do anything. If anyone were to create an updated mask with fabric straps and a better paint job. . .I would be very interested!

The third thing was that the locks that go around his ankles are made in two parts--the body of the lock, and the locking loop at the top. You just pull them apart and push them back in to take the locks off and insert his legs into the dolly. But it's just plastic, and only holds because the fit is tight. A working part with one side permanently stuck into the body of the lock would have made me less concerned. Over time, I'm worried one of the locks might fall apart and the piece might get lost.

But hopefully nothing will come from any of this.

Nice review!

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

hope a custom project to get an accurate mask pops soon.

Enviado desde mi MI 5s mediante Tapatalk
DoggieDocDesigns already started on one.
Already got my order in! [emoji106][emoji106]

I wasn't even going to buy this figure but damn it, now with a accurate mask it pushed me over the edge [emoji23]
Screenshot_20190203-204552_Facebook.jpegFB_IMG_1549248364120.jpegFB_IMG_1549248367218.jpegFB_IMG_1549248369974.jpegFB_IMG_1549248372244.jpegFB_IMG_1549248379011.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just ordered the Straight Jacket version off BBTS. If they ship today I should have it tomorrow.

Crazy how I wasn't even going to bother with this release as I'm planning the Blue Jump Suit look, but that Accurate Mask by Andy really pushed me over the edge.

Guess I'm going to end up with two looks.

Always thought the nose holes looked different in the film.

They do in Silence, the horizontal slit is there, but the nostrils are sort of chipped out of the mask but not fully cut.

SOTL_00079.jpg

It almost seems like they're cut out and that's Hopkins' nose smooshed in, but you have to figure shadows around it would look different if those were holes cut out, it's almost like they were carved a little to know where they'd go but never fully cut out.

All replicas of the mask have had them fully cut out though, even official ones.

Just ordered the Straight Jacket version off BBTS. If they ship today I should have it tomorrow.

Crazy how I wasn't even going to bother with this release as I'm planning the Blue Jump Suit look, but that Accurate Mask by Andy really pushed me over the edge.

Guess I'm going to end up with two looks.

Thank you for the link to the Mask Rzeznikk! I just ordered the same from DoggieDoc

The Blitzway stock mask is sadly not good enough (I guess due to licensing...)

:hi5:

I am curious about the paint differences, so I ordered three of Hannibals. Two white prison suits and one straightjacket. I ordered the second white prison suit a bit later, along with the straightjacket one. The first white prison suit arrived and the paint is indeed shiny, and there seems to be reddish/orange splatter paints that looks like tiny micro freckles, so maybe that's what made the head looks orange-ish. The second white prison suit which came much much later, has a different paintjob. Even the eyes are different, the way they painted the pupils. It's not shiny, less freckles, but more detailed paintjob in the hair, and I think it looks much better than the earlier batch.

Awesome! Paid for mine today...I hope one of those is heading my way soon...

:rock

Me too, had to have it. NOW, this thing will look sickly accurate.

I thought onesixthkit might eventually do this but even if they did, it wouldn't come close to the quality of this.

Guys, if you have a SJ Version, now you will have an ultimate SJ version.

Cool pic. I wonder which one is mine.

More pics. Looks great. [emoji91][emoji91]View attachment 443076View attachment 443077View attachment 443078

Last edited:

Do you mean- uncutted not to the end nosetrils area?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk
98ea74277ea08fb024186b14c54318f2.jpg

Well...I got an email from sideshow this morning saying my final payment has gone through and he has been shipped. :) I ordered the white uniform with the chair version and was very excited about receiving this figure until I watched the video where his feet are not even close to hitting the floor while sitting. The main reason I chose this version was for the pose sitting the chair. It looks like I am going to have to find a way to get his feet to touch the floor and this may be possible by searching for other model chairs on the internet. I really hope there is a certain way to pose him on the chair and have his shoes touch the floor.

After seeing the video of the straight jacket version I have decided that I am going to go ahead and order that version as well as it looks phenomenal.

Back