Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BuZRACWIEAI8nUC.jpg

Okay. Please go cancel your order so my wait list converts. Thanks in advance.

hello everyone. I have the Blitzway Ecto 1 pre ordered, today I was watching the film again and noticed- shock horror- there is an inaccuracy on the Blitzway model.

Spot it? the red on the tail fins, on the back of the car is not filled in like it is in the film. if you are good at masking and spray painting you could fix it. Anyway, I sent a message to Bliutzway (they were very helpful when one of my proton pack buckles snapped) and hopefully they will fix it on the final model, or maybe they have already noticed... I think it would be a good idea if everyone contacted them so they are 100% aware of it.

Does anyone have anywhere planned that they are going to display this beast? Any particular display unit your going to use?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I've a spot planned out for it, it's just the stuff that's already there I've no idea where its moving to... Walmart sells these 8 cube shelve units, lay it horizontally, will work perfectly.

I've no idea what I'm gonna display it with yet! Whatever it is has to be secure lol if this falls off it'll go through the floor

Here is where mine is going.. see the tape measure showing where the car is going to go.

Then I am goung to take this heavy slab of hardwood and put it on top of the drawers, it will overhang 10 inches each side (after I have moved the drawers to the right to allow room)

Then to cover the Car and Egon Peter and Ray I will get one of the reasonably priced acrylic display cases as soon as one is available for the Ecto. I did inquire if they were going to make one and they even offered to give me one for free, if I would lend them the car for a month. It was a tempting offer but I declined as I realllly don't want to put this in the post and trust someone with it for a whole month.

so, about that inaccuracy with the fins, I am awaiting a response from them. do you suppose they will have rectified it?

I'm sure that will look great. I'm moving into a new house next month so I'm starting from scratch for displays. Hopefully I can come up with something good! And I'm sure they will rectify it. It was just a prototype that was advertised. Hopefully it's 100% accurate.

Here is where mine is going.. see the tape measure showing where the car is going to go.

Then I am goung to take this heavy slab of hardwood and put it on top of the drawers, it will overhang 10 inches each side (after I have moved the drawers to the right to allow room)

Then to cover the Car and Egon Peter and Ray I will get one of the reasonably priced acrylic display cases as soon as one is available for the Ecto. I did inquire if they were going to make one and they even offered to give me one for free, if I would lend them the car for a month. It was a tempting offer but I declined as I realllly don't want to put this in the post and trust someone with it for a whole month.

so, about that inaccuracy with the fins, I am awaiting a response from them. do you suppose they will have rectified it?

Just discovered something pretty alarming... was watching the film again.. and noticed the Ecto had a BROWN steering wheel. Then watched the Ecto 1 restoration featurette, where in the unrestored car you can see the brown steering wheel. Now, story goes is that the Ecto 1 and Ecto 1A were brought in to be restored together, but only Ecto 1 ended up getting restored. here's where it gets disturbing.. the restored "Ecto 1" has a BLACK steering wheel!!!!!!!!! Did they really get the cars mixed up and restore the Ecto 1a as Ecto 1????!?

This is probably why the Blitzway prototype also has a black steering wheel, which is incorrect. I will notify them and hopefully it will be rectified.

Seriously though... how stupid can you get?

Just discovered something pretty alarming... was watching the film again.. and noticed the Ecto had a BROWN steering wheel. Then watched the Ecto 1 restoration featurette, where in the unrestored car you can see the brown steering wheel. Now, story goes is that the Ecto 1 and Ecto 1A were brought in to be restored together, but only Ecto 1 ended up getting restored. here's where it gets disturbing.. the restored "Ecto 1" has a BLACK steering wheel!!!!!!!!! Did they really get the cars mixed up and restore the Ecto 1a as Ecto 1????!?

No. Ecto-1A had a black leather wrap on the wheel. Pretty sure the wheel itself was silver and white. Ecto-1A wasn't restored as Ecto-1. It was disassembled, some parts were used on Ecto-1 (the rear door being one piece, I believe), and the rest of the parts were thrown into the back of 1A. The restoration of Ecto-1 went over budget, and since Sony was unwilling to pay to restore 1A, it just sat on the restoration lot rotting away. The steering wheel on the restored Ecto-1 isn't from either car. Looks like they just sourced a part and weren't too concerned with a 100% accurate restoration. Sony just wanted to get the original car back in working order for promotional touring. They don't really care about accuracy. They just care about money in, money out.

Letting Blitzway know that the restored Ecto-1 they're more than likely referencing isn't 100% accurate is probably the way to go.

regardless of what happened during that restoration, Ecto originally had a brown steering wheel, this can clearly be seen when Winston is driving. I'd simply forgotton about it, having seen the car incorrectly with a black wheel so many times. Think about it.. EVERY model of Ecto 1 has given it a black steering wheel for some reason. Even ones like the ERTL Ecto one I used to own, and that was done way before the restoration.

Anyway.. I already told Blitzway, so we will see what happens. It took a while to find those old photos of the delapitaded Ecto 1 on the studio backlot...I remember seeing them back in the day.

I'm aware. The brown wheel can be seen in the opening shots of Ecto-1 on GB2. The actual car was in such disrepair that Sony opted to build an entirely new car instead of spend the money to fix up Ecto-1.

Ecto-1A had a black leather wrap on the steering wheel, and maybe that's why subsequent toys and models have had black steering wheels. That, or just a lack of interest in accuracy. Probably doesn't help matters that the restored Ecto-1 was given a black wheel. That, and toy companies just copying each other instead of using actual reference material.

Either way, Blitzway changed some aspects of the proton packs when I brought it to their attention and gave them some reference images. I'm sure they'll accommodate you. Especially when it's something as simple as a small paint change.

Did they actually reply to you? I got a quick reply from them when one of the buckles on my proton pack broke, but have had no response to my emails about the inaccuracies. What changes did they make to the proton packs? I did notice they changed the kind of wire that connects the wand to the pack.

Yeah, I heard the car broke down on Brooklyn bridge or something and held everyone up and they got a huge fine.

Did they actually reply to you?

Yeah. Had a short back and forth for a couple of days. They originally had the cyclotron lights rotating counter-clockwise. Some of the packs did do that in a few scenes, but it's widely regarded as a continuity error. There are scenes where Venkman's cyclotron rotates counter-clockwise, and other scenes where it's clockwise. I told them if they were going to make all of the packs identical and they weren't going for certain scene specific accuracy it was a better choice to go all clockwise, as that is the standard.

Make it look like this (which is demonstrably brown), and I’d be content:

This is intended to be Ecto-1, not Ecto-1A. So I couldn’t give a **** what the steering wheel on Ecto-1A looks like.

One of my favorite scenes from G1 incidentally.

I'd be tempted to PO this if Blitzway were to rerelease the Busters. Every place was sold out of POs by the time I was able to get the money together to buy them. As of now I have no use for the Ecto without the figures. I have the 89 Batmobile without Bats and it just doesn't look good without the figure.

I'd be tempted to PO this if Blitzway were to rerelease the Busters. Every place was sold out of POs by the time I was able to get the money together to buy them. As of now I have no use for the Ecto without the figures. I have the 89 Batmobile without Bats and it just doesn't look good without the figure.

After all the trouble and delays getting these guys out the 1st time i can't see them doing a second run.

I do have the all the figures to go with Ecto-1 but i ordered them before they even showed the car. If they had just made the car and no figures i would have still order it.
I have the 89 Batmobile and BTTF Delorean and have no Batman or BTTF figures but i still love the cars.

Back