Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the cars are so iconic on their own I don't think you really need to have figures next to them. I've got the DeLorean and actually kinda prefer displaying it separately without Marty getting in the way.

I'd be tempted to PO this if Blitzway were to rerelease the Busters. Every place was sold out of POs by the time I was able to get the money together to buy them. As of now I have no use for the Ecto without the figures. I have the 89 Batmobile without Bats and it just doesn't look good without the figure.

It would be foolish not to rerelease them when the car hits the market. That will spark new interest.

It would be foolish not to rerelease them when the car hits the market. That will spark new interest.

I think the cross-section of people with $2,500 sitting around, who are Ghostbusters mega-fans, who DIDN'T already have the figures the first time around ... is very, very slim.

I think the cross-section of people with $2,500 sitting around, who are Ghostbusters mega-fans, who DIDN'T already have the figures the first time around ... is very, very slim.

I agree. Also have to factor in how much trouble Blitzway seems to have producing anything in a timely fashion and the probability that they will have their hands full with the Ecto itself. It's huge, has lots of electronics, and is really expensive. I don't think that they will make a ton of Ecto 1 cars beyond what is pre-ordered.

Personally I think the Ecto 1 is one of the most overpriced things I have seen in this hobby, I really thought it would be slightly under $1k. But I still do consider ordering every once in awhile as it would look so nice next to the Delorean.

Agreed.

They were still up for PO at retail I believe when BW revealed their plans to do the Ecto-1. If you’re a GB fan and that wasn’t enough to galvanize you to get the figures, you probably didn’t really want them that much to begin with. I don’t think suddenly deciding to drop $1500 on a 1/6 car will inspire you to suddenly want to spend another $1000.

To put it succinctly: if you’re a GB fan, you already have the figures.

If you've committed space and funds for such a big ticket item, you have decided you want to own it. I view the figures as an accessory to the car, not vice versa.

I agree. Also have to factor in how much trouble Blitzway seems to have producing anything in a timely fashion and the probability that they will have their hands full with the Ecto itself. It's huge, has lots of electronics, and is really expensive. I don't think that they will make a ton of Ecto 1 cars beyond what is pre-ordered.

Personally I think the Ecto 1 is one of the most overpriced things I have seen in this hobby, I really thought it would be slightly under $1k. But I still do consider ordering every once in awhile as it would look so nice next to the Delorean.

I already have seen people complaining about the delay with the BW Silence of the lambs figures that originally had a Q1 2018 ship date. I am not expecting to see Ecto-1 until sometime in 2020. If it ships before that i will be pleasantly suprised.

I think something is up with making 1/6 vehicles. Hot Toys Howard said if they made the BvS or JL Batmobile it would have been close to $2k so maybe this is the new normal.

Has anyone figured out a good display to use with the Delorean since we know it's dimensions?

I have a big house and there are places to put it but I have to have it covered with a glass or plastic clear display. I bought one for my Delorean that was specially made for it. Even though not many people come in my Den, I still was worried about someone dropping something on it, plus dusting it was a nightmare but man, that display turned out great. It was designed where both doors could open, so I hope something similar is made for Ecto-1 where we can have Ghostbusters next to it.

Hot Toys Back to the Future Delorean (1) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr

Hot Toys Back to the Future Delorean (3) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr

I already have seen people complaining about the delay with the BW Silence of the lambs figures that originally had a Q1 2018 ship date. I am not expecting to see Ecto-1 until sometime in 2020. If it ships before that i will be pleasantly suprised.

I think something is up with making 1/6 vehicles. Hot Toys Howard said if they made the BvS or JL Batmobile it would have been close to $2k so maybe this is the new normal.

Only because Howard wanted to add all kinds of electrical crap no one asked for.

There was a Youtube video from Budget Stark where he took a tour of Secret Base. There were still alot of Batmobile Tumblers etc not sold, years after the movie. Pretty sure he said Asian collectors usually don't buy them because they typically live in small appartments. Again shows HT doesn't really consider the global picture imo.

I went and had my own done. Not 1/6, but big enough to display with the 1/6 figures and looks awesome imo.

Front Low.jpg

Front Side Right.jpg

Low Side Left.jpg

Rear Low Angle.jpg

Rear Low.jpg

Cockpit Closeup.jpg

After the wait for the figures i added a year to their expected shipping date when i ordered just so i would be suprised if it shipped earlier.

I doubt this will come out until summer at the earliest. I only have one flex payment left, so no rush. Unless HT finally produces the '66 Batmobile, this will probably be my last 1/6 vehicle.

Has anyone decided on how they're going to display theirs? I'm really wanting to find something that will fit this thing and have it ready before I get mine so it won't be out in open.

I've thought about getting a store display for about 600 but still not sure if it will fit. Looking at the measurements of the Ecto-1 vs the displays can still be tricky because I've did the math before and stuff still hasn't fit right haha.

Like everyone else who bought this or who was thinking of buying it.... I first got out a tape measure.... Blitzway give the following dimensions for the Ecto 1 on their website:

Length: 116 cm (45 and 3/4 inches) (22.8 feet real life)
Width: 45cm (17 and 3/4 inches) (8.8 feet wide real life)

only... I did it back to front.. I researched the dimensions of the actual car and divided it by 6 and got some different measurements...

all accounts put the Ecto 1 as being around 21 feet long (251 inches length and 80 inches wide says one source) the exact height still seems to be debated.

so...

251 divided by 6 = 41.8 inches..
80 divided by 6 = 13.3 inches.

I suppose we have to wait until we get it to see how big it actually is... For me as I did it backwards, I might have to super glue another piece of wood on my "plinth".. but I will work it out.

to tie me over until it arrives i got these Hot Wheels Ecto's and custom painted them.

Back