Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Popculture just sent me an updated arrival email of 28th Feb. Must be close!

SSC moved my last payment to Feb 15th. But as we all remember the figures were moved to next month every month for a long time. I'm not expecting it next month or anytime this soon.

Dammit, this new teaser is suddenly making me want this again...

https://ew.com/trailers/2019/01/16/jason-reitman-ghostbusters-movie-teaser/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
gb_218723983223_ex.jpg

HAHA I was just gonna post this, I almost wet my pants when I saw this trailer. Finally Sony are going to fix there mistake. Its happening people, GB3 will be a continuation of GB2. So excited.
Yes the Ecto will sell out fast now, get one while you can. This is a great investment.

Not an investment for me just something i always wanted. Ghostbusters has always been one of my all time favorite movies and i am REALLY looking forward to the new one.

ha.. When something costs as much as this, it partly has to be an investment... unless you are rich. I bought it because this is going to be the most amazing movie collectable ever made, and I will likely only have this one chance to get hold of one. Ecto 1 is the greatest movie car eve, even better than the Batmobile and BTTF Delorean. And I know that the car will likely never decrease in value, so what has one got to lose? you can always sell it at a later date if you need to I figure.

The teaser looks amazing, just what I needed to see after that ******ing gillettte ad. Ghostbusters 2016 already has been erased ( I ignored that turd on arrival, never watched it, never will)

I love the idea that, instead of the GB's becoming this major franchise with arms all over the world, that idea didn't take off, and they just retired when they had enough money, and lived quiet lives. Maybe the PKE surge was really high during the 80s, and after the events of GB the video game, things just dwindled, and the GB's retired.

And there is speculation that that what we are seeing in the teaser is a barn at Ray's farm house (the house his parents left him). I love that idea.

presumably it is Ray, trying to get a proton pack to work again, becuase the PKE surge is happening again.

Is it implied that that’s supposed to be the original Ecto-1, just in a state of disrepair?

Trailer or not, I’ve always wanted this. Unfortunately, I’m just unable to have it.

ha.. When something costs as much as this, it partly has to be an investment... unless you are rich. I bought it because this is going to be the most amazing movie collectable ever made, and I will likely only have this one chance to get hold of one. Ecto 1 is the greatest movie car eve, even better than the Batmobile and BTTF Delorean. And I know that the car will likely never decrease in value, so what has one got to lose? you can always sell it at a later date if you need to I figure.

The teaser looks amazing, just what I needed to see after that ******ing gillettte ad. Ghostbusters 2016 already has been erased ( I ignored that turd on arrival, never watched it, never will)

I love the idea that, instead of the GB's becoming this major franchise with arms all over the world, that idea didn't take off, and they just retired when they had enough money, and lived quiet lives. Maybe the PKE surge was really high during the 80s, and after the events of GB the video game, things just dwindled, and the GB's retired.

And there is speculation that that what we are seeing in the teaser is a barn at Ray's farm house (the house his parents left him). I love that idea.

presumably it is Ray, trying to get a proton pack to work again, becuase the PKE surge is happening again.

I collect all this stuff with the expection it will tank in value someday. I have have things that once sold for triple what i paid for it now selling for under half of what retail was. I have no idea what this car will do in value long term but i just plan to park it in a dispaly case until i die and whoever deals with my crap after that can sell it at a garge sale for $20. Property and stocks are investments not this stuff.

I collect all this stuff with the expection it will tank in value someday. I have have things that once sold for triple what i paid for it now selling for under half of what retail was. I have no idea what this car will do in value long term but i just plan to park it in a dispaly case until i die and whoever deals with my crap after that can sell it at a garge sale for $20. Property and stocks are investments not this stuff.

That is the best way to collect in my opinion as well. Enjoy the toy because you enjoy it, not because you hope it will increase in value. That being siad I love the Ghostbusters and they look great on the shelf - no way my wife will let me get the Ecto 1 too. Looking forward to photos!

I agree, I am prepared for it to lower in value, but diecast cars and the like ( I know this one is not diecast, its ABS) for me, have always made me a profit.

I had the ERTL ecto 1, bought it for £30 sold it for £130 on ebay when I needed money to go on holiday. had the Aston Martin DB5, bought it for £55, sold it for over £100.

I will probably never sell this car though. It will live under a acyrlic display case and no one will be allowed to touch it.

going back to what was said in a previous comment..

This is a teaser trailer, so any continuity in the previous canon will be out the window.. technically the car should either be the Ecto 1A or the Ecto 1B (from the video game set in 1991). realistically, if they wanted the Ecto 1A in this film they would have to completely rebuild it. The had the restored Ecto 1, so they used it.. probably they have not shot a single shot of actual production, and these scenes from the teaser won't even be in the film.

I had a nice idea though... you know how when they wewre shooting GB2 abd the Ecto 1 was breaking down, it really did break down and DIE, and didnt run until it was restored in 2009?

well it was so bad, they just went with buying a new car, and they made it into Ecto 1A... so.. what if in the Ghostbusters universe, the Ecto 1A was ALSO a seperate car, and the broken down Ecto 1 went back to Rays farmhouse under a tarp?

Not to mention that by the time you tried to resell this 10 years later, most of the electronics may not work as well anymore, which would also hurt the value.

Not to mention that by the time you tried to resell this 10 years later, most of the electronics may not work as well anymore, which would also hurt the value.

Shipping something like this in 10 years could be very pricey as well. With the retail price already sky high I wouldn't buy this thinking it's a gold mine down the road.

Did anyone else here order this through Timewalker Toys, and if so, have you heard any updates?

I wonder if stores have had a last minute run on this? Should be out soon.
I've got my Blitzway busters ready to go, with the barricade, will be an epic display.

Yeah...I have the '89 Batmobile, and when I bought it I did so with the expectation that it was a commitment -- the money is burned and gone. It's highly unlikely that I could get what I paid, especially when you factor in shipping something so big and fragile. It's way too niche to have much demand down the road, IMO.

I could be wrong, but I didn't buy that thing with any hopes of selling it or recouping funds in the future.

The way i see it, money comes and goes, but having and enjoying such rare pieces, is a one time only thing.

Just had to share this today... I pre-ordered ECTO-1 as soon as they made it available to do so. Have been (im)patiently waiting on this since then.

In the meantime, I've been trying to get my 1/6 scale Ghostbusters HQ finished up in anticipation of ECTO-1's arrival.

It was 12 years ago today that I started drawing up the original plans for this. So close now to calling it finished - at least on the outside!

8.5-ish feet tall. Still needs the windows installed.

GB HQ before dullcote.jpg

Back