Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had to share this today... I pre-ordered ECTO-1 as soon as they made it available to do so. Have been (im)patiently waiting on this since then.

In the meantime, I've been trying to get my 1/6 scale Ghostbusters HQ finished up in anticipation of ECTO-1's arrival.

It was 12 years ago today that I started drawing up the original plans for this. So close now to calling it finished - at least on the outside!

8.5-ish feet tall. Still needs the windows installed.

View attachment 440788

Simply incredible, you make amazing stuff sir! :thud:

That's amazing... Is it just the front facade? I was actually thinking of possibly doing something like that, pretty simply.

what are the dimensions of it? width, and height?

TurdFurgusonsHat - Thanks!
andyrcii - It is a not a fully fleshed out building, but more than a facade. The "rooms" behind the windows are individual units that can slide into the main framework.

This older photo might show it better than I can describe it.

GB HQ.jpg

As far as dimensions... not at home right now... if you still want them, PM me in a couple weeks and I'll send them to you.

Yodasan - Thanks. Here are a couple older photos. First is a close-up of the top window... with the Ghostbusters & Slimer looking out. Second photo shows how the building ties into the adjacent display - Marvel movie/tv superheroes.

GB HQ 2.jpg

GB HQ 3.jpg

I agree, I am prepared for it to lower in value, but diecast cars and the like ( I know this one is not diecast, its ABS) for me, have always made me a profit.

I had the ERTL ecto 1, bought it for £30 sold it for £130 on ebay when I needed money to go on holiday. had the Aston Martin DB5, bought it for £55, sold it for over £100.

I will probably never sell this car though. It will live under a acyrlic display case and no one will be allowed to touch it.

going back to what was said in a previous comment..

This is a teaser trailer, so any continuity in the previous canon will be out the window.. technically the car should either be the Ecto 1A or the Ecto 1B (from the video game set in 1991). realistically, if they wanted the Ecto 1A in this film they would have to completely rebuild it. The had the restored Ecto 1, so they used it.. probably they have not shot a single shot of actual production, and these scenes from the teaser won't even be in the film.

I had a nice idea though... you know how when they wewre shooting GB2 abd the Ecto 1 was breaking down, it really did break down and DIE, and didnt run until it was restored in 2009?

well it was so bad, they just went with buying a new car, and they made it into Ecto 1A... so.. what if in the Ghostbusters universe, the Ecto 1A was ALSO a seperate car, and the broken down Ecto 1 went back to Rays farmhouse under a tarp?

I got this for £60 and now is not lower than £325 on Ebay. It is possible that things will rise but you cant say what. This was the second edition from Hot Wheels, the first edition is still going for around 80ish :dunno

Should of got one of those.... I didn't have as much money back when the Hot Wheels ones came out.... Can't find it decently priced at all now. It's still the best Ecto 1a there is, even it's not perfect. They missed the Ghost logo from the hood/bonnet but you can easily print a decal for that.

I just modded my Blitzway Ecto goggles and the Motorola MT500 walkie talkies with some decals. they look great.

Just had to share this today... I pre-ordered ECTO-1 as soon as they made it available to do so. Have been (im)patiently waiting on this since then.

In the meantime, I've been trying to get my 1/6 scale Ghostbusters HQ finished up in anticipation of ECTO-1's arrival.

It was 12 years ago today that I started drawing up the original plans for this. So close now to calling it finished - at least on the outside!

8.5-ish feet tall. Still needs the windows installed.

View attachment 440788

Great job, thanks for sharing!

I just took the plunge too! Best money spent. Does anyone have an idea when it might ship?

I was starting to reconsider the idea, but looks like the Timewalker has already gone to waitlist. Which probably only leaves Sideshow and their crazy high CA taxes and shipping.

They are not a big shop so they cut pre orders off early since they don't have a bunch of space to have massive boxes taking it all up.

Alright, I finally gave in and ordered this sucker. With the prospect of seeing Ecto on screen again next year in all its glory, the temptation just became too great, and I knew I'd be kicking myself for not getting one when I had the chance.

I'll have to cut back on some non-essential preorders, splurge on fewer random figures throughout the year, and work lots of overtime, but it'll be worth it. :D

Alright, I finally gave in and ordered this sucker. With the prospect of seeing Ecto on screen again next year in all its glory, the temptation just became too great, and I knew I'd be kicking myself for not getting one when I had the chance.

I'll have to cut back on some non-essential preorders, splurge on fewer random figures throughout the year, and work lots of overtime, but it'll be worth it. :D

I'm still kicking this around. I need to see the production version before I order it as I trust Blitzway less than I used to and I don't think they have made anything like this. There is definitely the possibility that it sells out and the choice is made for me. It would be too cool having this with the Delorean and I have that already. Hope it turns out really well, if it does I might jump on board if I still can.

Yeah ideally I'd wait for the production pics as well, but it seems to be selling out pretty fast now and I just didn't want to take the chance. The biggest issue I foresee is the electronics not working for some people, but I'm sure that would be the case no matter who produced this.

Back