Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure this is a 99.99% safe bet as far as cool collectables will go. You just have to see the value of the other 1/6 scale vehicles.
I for one can't wait to get that siren going....
I'm going to have 2 busters wearing the proton packs and the other 2 proton packs in the pull out trolley at the back of the car.
Mouth is watering just thinking about it....

I'm pretty sure this is a 99.99% safe bet as far as cool collectables will go. You just have to see the value of the other 1/6 scale vehicles.
I'm going to have 2 busters wearing the proton packs and the other 2 proton packs in the pull out trolley at the back of the car.

It is no doubt going to be extremely cool and fun. If it was under a grand like I thought it was going to be I already would have ordered. It's just that for the price they hung on it I'm going to have to be really impressed with the paint, details, etc. Need to see exactly what we are getting before I commit to a toy car that costs more cash than alot of 80's kids first actual cars:lol

Yeah that sounds like a cool setup. Only figure I ever got was Venkman, so I'll probably just have him leaning against the car smoking a cigarette or something. Lol

Yeah that sounds like a cool setup. Only figure I ever got was Venkman, so I'll probably just have him leaning against the car smoking a cigarette or something. Lol

Have to ask, since you are clearly a big enough fan to get the Ecto, why did you only get Venkman? Were you not impressed with the rest of the figures?

Your plan will definitely look great, it just seems to me that anyone crazy:lol enough to buy the car would have bought all the figures too.

Yeah I wasn't really feeling the likenesses on the other figures, and also for space reasons was content just having Venkman to represent the movie. Which I know is ironic given how much freaking space the car is going to take up now. :lol

I don't regret it though, as I think the Ecto-1 is cool enough to stand on its own anyway.

Alright, I finally gave in and ordered this sucker. With the prospect of seeing Ecto on screen again next year in all its glory, the temptation just became too great, and I knew I'd be kicking myself for not getting one when I had the chance.

I'll have to cut back on some non-essential preorders, splurge on fewer random figures throughout the year, and work lots of overtime, but it'll be worth it. :D

So who did you end up ordering it thru? Im still considering this as well but like others waiting to see the final product.

Yeah just seen that, I dont understand why BBTS has it listed for $1599.99 when everyone else has it for $1390. I have 1K in sideshow reward points but cant decide between this our their new Jabba the Hut figure..........:gah:

I couldn't figure that out either. Unless BBTS is just factoring in the extra cost of shipping.

Jabba was tempting as well, but ultimately Ecto just seems like it would be a lot cooler to have. Especially with all the lights and sounds.

I bought my figures one by one. First I got Venkman, then after about 6 months I started hankering for Ray because I would have a trap, the goggles.. paypal credit made the decision easier. The I realised if I was going to get Ray, i would also have to get Egon as well. I won't rule out getting Winston, if I have the room, at a later point in time..

made my own trap holster for Ray (obviously I had to have it hanging on the belt) with a piece of fake leather from an old sunglasses pouch. Just slid it on the belt, didn't even need any attachment, the trap wire just hangs conveniently over it.

One of them came out sideways.. stupid imagebam.

I couldn't figure that out either. Unless BBTS is just factoring in the extra cost of shipping.

BBTS $200 extra, but you only pay $5 for shipping.

Everywhere else it's $205 for shipping.

Pick your poison.

I bought my figures one by one. First I got Venkman, then after about 6 months I started hankering for Ray because I would have a trap, the goggles.. paypal credit made the decision easier. The I realised if I was going to get Ray, i would also have to get Egon as well. I won't rule out getting Winston, if I have the room, at a later point in time..

Nice work on Ray! He does look really cool with all that extra gear on him. But for me it could either be Venkman alone or all four together, and unfortunately I just wasn't quite feeling the other sculpts enough to spend the extra $800.

I always liked the Ray sculpt best, plus he comes with the coolest gear. But if I had to choose only one it would be Venkman despite him having the least accessories. Having Bill Murray smoking a cigarette while leaning against the car will definitely have a cool 80's vibe:lol

Nice work on Ray! He does look really cool with all that extra gear on him. But for me it could either be Venkman alone or all four together, and unfortunately I just wasn't quite feeling the other sculpts enough to spend the extra $800.

Thanks lol. I was tired of looking at other peoples figures and seeing they didn't arrange them with the same OCD attention to detail as I would do. :lol

here are a few tips for making them look better.

1. take everything off, including the flight suit. when you put it back on again, it seems to look more natural and improves the look. (don't bother removing the t shirt and "fat suit")

2. put the film on so you can see where exactly the key chains need to go. (they vary from the Hotel scene to the montage to the final confrontation so depends how you want to present them but I chose the hotel scene).

3. pay attention to how low or high the belts are slung. Ray's ofen comes down because of all the heavy equipment. Peter because he is a bit slovenly, but Egon's is usually higher and more dorky looking. The varying belt heights make them look more realistic as a set.

4. If you have Ray, he wears his watch on his other hand as opposed to the other guys.

Back