Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched all the special features in case it could be seen, and did find something else cool in this gallery of restoration photos...

some good shots of the steering wheel. coloured to match how the car was before its life as Ecto 1?

Not the best at photoshop but here's a little paint mod I may consider if Blitzway don't do a decent job of fixing this (or if they didn't pay enough attention to me)

big difference.

at first my guess was the grey colour underneath the brown/burnt orange was a grey primer colour.

Just watched this video, 59 Cadillac, not an MM, but I noticed it has a steering wheel that matches Ecto 1. see that two-tone grey colour? darker grey on the sides.

Now I think its pretty obvious this is how the Ecto 1's wheel would have looked originally, then at some point in its life it was painted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iHB09DHnbU

things intrigue me.. I think it was repainted, I mean those old steering wheels from old cars.. they were solid plastic right? they weren't painted.. and it seems to match the exterior of the car.. i don't know.. makes me wonder what the car was used for originally. maybe someone bought it and decided to respray it, including the wheel.

anyway.. it seems to be the one detail not ONE model maker has ever got right. I should be working for one of these companies!

Yup just one more payment for me as well. Unfortunately it's a much bigger one than before, and doesn't even include the shipping which I'm afraid to even guess at.

Roadtrip to pickup ?

A few of you us guys should organise a roadtrip pickup from SS for this.

Just no Star Wars OT fans with TFA fans in the one car please. [emoji23]

Ha, I actually did consider driving down there , but decided I'd rather just pay the sky-high shipping than make that excruciating, 12 hour round trip.

Haha. I'm living in Germany and ordered the Deluxe Hulkbuster from a shop in Belgium. Only 2hrs drive one way. Think I'll drive to pick it up. Plus I want to see their new shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shipping for me was £22. maybe that's why they slapped me up with an extra charge...

Dear Customers

We would like to announce some updates regarding Blitzway’s products, ‘Astronaut (ISS EMU ver.) 1/4 scale statue’ and ‘ECTO-1 1/6 scale collectible vehicle.’

‘Astronaut (ISS EMU ver.)’ is set for sequential delivery from the middle of May, while delivery scheduling for ‘ECTO-1’ will commence in June.

The final stages of manufacturing for both products are currently underway, showing a completion rate of 90% for ‘Astronaut (ISS EMU ver.)’ and 70% for ‘ECTO-1’ respectively.

We sincerely apologize for the delay in product release following the unexpected setback during production.

As a part of our dedication to providing you with the utmost in quality, we are currently conducting thorough maintenance and upgrades through a complete inspection of the entire manufacturing process.

We express our gratitude to each of Blitzway’s customers and vow to reward you with even better, quality products.

Thank you.

BLITZWAY CO., LTD

I would be surprised if it starts shipping in June! I was expecting Dec - Jan 2020

Back