Blitzway 1/6 Ghostbusters Afterlife ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can imagine that returns for defects must be a hassle and cost a lot with a box this big. Thing is gigantic.

A few months ago I thought Jazz Inc’s ‘66 Batmobile would be my last 1/6 car purchase (although I was tempted by the JL Batmobile). Now I have a BTTF2 DeLorean and a second Ecto-1 in the pipeline.

I had hoped Sideshow would carry this one, but maybe the shipping logistics were too much of a gamble. I broke down and ordered from BBTS, which is where I got the 1st Ecto. My wife was like “what the h#ll!?” when that refrigerator-sized box showed up at the front door.

I thought about getting the Afterlife Ecto too but I think I'm going to show some restraint for a change. The first one is the largest collectible item I have ever had shipped to me to this point. It's almost laughable how large the box is.

I had emailed Blitzway about their Ecto-1 and asked about if Sideshow would be carrying it, here is what they responded with:

"Dear Customer,

We are very sorry about this late reply due to internal error in our mail server.

We no longer work with Sideshow.

Please visit our new distributor in the US, Bandai Namco for this product.

ECTO-1 "Ghostbusters: Afterlife", Blitzway 1/6 Scale Vehicle

Or, you can find this goods from retailers near you.

Best Regards,

Blitzway"

I had emailed Blitzway about their Ecto-1 and asked about if Sideshow would be carrying it, here is what they responded with:

"Dear Customer,

We are very sorry about this late reply due to internal error in our mail server.

We no longer work with Sideshow.

Please visit our new distributor in the US, Bandai Namco for this product.

ECTO-1 "Ghostbusters: Afterlife", Blitzway 1/6 Scale Vehicle

Or, you can find this goods from retailers near you.

Best Regards,

Blitzway"

I did not see that coming lol.

I emailed asking if they will be releasing any new figures, or reissuing figures or the clean ecto-1; they replied “no”.

I think that's good that they aren't reissuing anything. Keeps the value on these figures high. I'm fine with this new version of the ecto-1 being the only thing they do. Not sure I'd be interested in figures of the kids, ecto-1 was the star of the movie for me. Old GB I might entertain, but they didnt have much screen time or interaction with the car from what I recall.

The old Busters would get my interest, out of the kids I could see Phoebe being the best appeal wise being a Spengler.

The big problem with the Afterlife figures, or even GB2, is there are subtle differences in things like the Proton Packs which a part of the target market who would want them would pick up on even when generalising the prop vs looking at specific differences between props from the movie.

in honesty though I’d rather a GB2 team in the dark grey suits, give me an option to have them all with Packs like in the montage scenes as well as the 2 slime blowers to recreate the posters and VHS box art and Blitzway would have my money.

Not expecting it to happen but it’s nice sometimes to dream, especially as I stupidly passed (repeatedly) on picking up the 4 pack when they were released.

I hope/wish Blitzway would do the Afterlife figures, but since there’s just been a new Ghostbusters movie announcement, SOMEBODY will release Ghostbusters 1/6 figures. At this point, I don’t care which company, but my Blitzway Afterlife ECTO-1 will need someone to drive it, so I’m down to buy Ghostbuster figures from ANYBODY! (I have the 4-pack OG Blitzway figures, but they’re busy with the 84 ECTO-1 lol)

Is it actually a re-issue, or did BBTS just find some old stock?

It's priced like a re-sell of old stock, and not like a typical actual re-issue.

Sure, for an absolutely ridiculous 3 grand. No way is it worth that much.
I'll somehow cope with my $30 1/24 Jada Ecto-1.

The Blitzway is awesome, but not really value for money, especially relative to other vehicles in the scale. Look at the Batmobiles.that Jazz Inc produces for half the cost.

BBTS seems to have gotten old stock of a lot of things today.

I would love to have one but not at $3000.

That can't be a reissue, the afterlife version seems a bit more complicated with the weathering and retooling and still $1100 less. Who the hell knows though, it's not the first time I've seen bbts sell things at or around aftermarket prices either, just odd it's a preorder.

If it is though, it's a missed opportunity for a GB2 version with some new figures.

I personally think I'm about to tap out of the 1:6 game, **** be way too expensive anymore...

Last edited:
I don't think it's a reissue. There was no announcement of a reissue or any other major retailer listing the old Ecto-1. This does seem to be BBTS's old stock at an inflated price. Also, I doubt Blitzway would reissue the original Ecto-1 now only to compete with potential sales against their less popular Afterlife version. That would just be suicide for their plans. Notwithstanding, they could conceivable reissue the original Ecto-1 at a later date, only after the sales of the Afterlife version are done, but that would be a couple of years away if at all.

I bought my Ecto-1 just over a year-and-half ago from a local retailer who still had one unit left in stock. They marked it up by a few hundred dollars from the original price, but I didn't think it was an unreasonable thing to do considering it's current aftermarket value. It was the only Ecto-1 anywhere in my area, and I had the money, so I went for it knowing I'd like likely never get a better price or even an opportunity to find one again. Many retailers adjust their prices according to rarity and aftermarket price so it's not an exceptional practice, but I do think BBTS's price is a bit too much of a calculable inflation over the original cost, for something that was essentially miscatalogued dead stock in their warehouse.

I can't justify paying an extra $1,200 for the 1984 Version from BBTS. The Afterlife version is the same thing, but weathered. Probably wipe that weathering right off if you wanted to.

Back