Black Panther Legacy - 1/6th scale Black Panther (Original Suit) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having rewatched CW so many times I lost count, BP a handful of times, how have I never noticed this before?

Happy with what we are getting with the HT figure, but that CW one does look better than the BP og. They probably deliberately downgrade the CW suit to make the Avengers suit better looking.

Yesterday I watched CW again, and BP's introduction and story in that movie is perfectly executed except:

- BP only weapons are his claws, which I assume are vibranium. When we first see BP attacking Bucky, he tries to attack Bucky w the claws, but Bucky uses a metal rusty pipe to stop the claws..... Wot.
Yes you red it right. He stopped BP's vibranium claws with a rusty pipe..

- At the end of the airport sequence, BP got betrayed by BW, and right before Cap and Buck take off w the Quinjet, BP managed to grab the wheels of the Quinjet.

But then he ******* slipped. Yes. His vibranium claws slipped while holding the tire of the Quinjet.
Did he slip? I thought he just didn't want to get his hand chopped off by the two panels closing in on the landing gear he was holding onto, so he begrudgingly let go at the last second

Fair point, but surely a vibranium suit can withstand 2 closing panels from a plane
True but it's a vibranium weave so while it's pretty much impenetrable, it's still malleable. The vibranium material may not get crushed between the two panels, but his hand/wrist inside would. That's how I see it at least. I could be very wrong though :lol I'm no expert but that's how it makes sense to me.

Having rewatched CW so many times I lost count, BP a handful of times, how have I never noticed this before?

Happy with what we are getting with the HT figure, but that CW one does look better than the BP og. They probably deliberately downgrade the CW suit to make the Avengers suit better looking.

Yesterday I watched CW again, and BP's introduction and story in that movie is perfectly executed except:

- BP only weapons are his claws, which I assume are vibranium. When we first see BP attacking Bucky, he tries to attack Bucky w the claws, but Bucky uses a metal rusty pipe to stop the claws..... Wot.

- At the end of the airport sequence, BP got betrayed by BW, and right before Cap and Buck take off w the Quinjet, BP managed to grab the wheels of the Quinjet.

But then he ******* slipped. Yes. His vibranium claws slipped while holding the tire of the Quinjet.
So moral of the story, vibranium sucks.

I think people sometimes forget that vibranium isn't the same as adamantium. It absorbs shock and vibrations, which makes it great for defense, but it doesn't cut through any metal like Wolverine's claws.

I think people sometimes forget that vibranium isn't the same as adamantium. It absorbs shock and vibrations, which makes it great for defense, but it doesn't cut through any metal like Wolverine's claws.
Probably also doesn't help that in First Avenger, Howard Stark says "that's the strongest metal known to man." One could argue that adamantium wasn't discovered then I guess, but since the Xmen aren't part of the MCU yet, it's easy to forget about it.

Probably also doesn't help that in First Avenger, Howard Stark says "that's the strongest metal known to man." One could argue that adamantium wasn't discovered then I guess, but since the Xmen aren't part of the MCU yet, it's easy to forget about it.
Yep, MCU did not have the rights to use adamantium at the time, it was owned by Fox as part of the X-Men. But I’m guessing now they do.

Yea can’t wait til we get adamantium. Vibranium is breakable. I cannot wait to see those claws pop out in the mcu lol

“We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe.” – Black Panther

As the new king of Wakanda, T’Challa is struggling to cope with the loss of his father T’Chaka, but is determined to live up to his great legacy. When Wakanda finds herself beset by two enemies intent on the nation’s downfall, Black Panther must do all he can to defend Wakanda and the rest of the world.

Celebrating the lasting legacy of the King of Wakanda, Hot Toys is pleased to introduce the 1/6th scale Black Panther (Original Suit) collectible figure for Marvel Studios’ Black Panther Legacy collection.

Meticulously crafted based on the Black Panther’s original suit in the movie, the collectible figure features a T’Challa head sculpt with remarkable likeness, an interchangeable Black Panther masked head, a highly poseable and specialized body to highlight the king’s muscled physique, a newly refined screen-accurate Black Panther’s vibranium weave suit with silver accents and intricate details, iconic accessories including a shield, a spear, a Wakanda warrior mask, and a figure stand.

Pick up the figure of Black Panther in his Original Suit to check out his combat prowess! Wakanda Forever!

#BlackPanther #OriginalSuit #Marvel #MarvelStudios #HotToys #Collectibles #SixthScale #wakandaforever

His first suit was his best one so I'm happy to see them doing this one. Never liked the ones that came after his Civil War version.

Was also sad to see people charging insane prices for his older figures after his passing so this is great for those who want to own a figure of him without crazy aftermarket prices. Might grab this myself. Good looking new headsculpt, improved suit, articulation and body. Digging the competition mask + shield/sword that they included in this as well.

ryan-meinerding-27.jpg

hxD5szw.jpg
z
e2bdJPX.jpg
26SUPEW.jpg

oSCCrlV.jpg

:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

So glad they're giving the CW/BP1 a revamped figure!!!! I have the CW and BP solo figure, but this is also great!

Really exciting release! Some of these poses are impressively extreme, how are they achieving these?

402444-40FC1F9A-6B77-47FA-8DF6-977AB9AD9A52.jpeg

402447-CAC19585-134B-4691-9819-F4B0187FBB5E.jpeg

402456-97EDAAA9-A74F-4677-A4B5-D61AA442EE64.jpeg

Yeah it seems they're getting adventurous with the posing in the promo pics hah

Well for instance the previous Black Panther and Killmonger figures are capable of some good articulation.

The reviewer of these videos generously shows off the limits of the articulation, and I was impressed to know how high they can kick, plus Killmonger's ab crunch is supple so it looks like they're improving on the POA. Though for me I wouldn't so much as bend an elbow :lol

(POA segment 11:05)

(POA segment 25:23, one can extend the legs at the hips like an IM figure to get a horizontal kick!)

Really liking this figure. I am pretty frustrated with Sideshow so dont plan on preordering anymore but do plan on purchasing this when released.

Back