Black Panther Legacy - 1/6th scale Black Panther (Original Suit) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I
I’m probably going to go ahead and PO this tomorrow. I know there are a lot of good reasons not to PO anymore, particularly with the long time span between announcement and actual availability these days. That said, I’m a guy who still likes to PO simply because for a figure like this (that I am certain that I want) I prefer to get it ordered and then check it off my list and not think about it.

Black Panther is one of my favorite characters (Thor is my favorite) and I loved how Chadwick B. portrayed him in the MCU (so much strength and dignity), so I really want to get this figure.

Since I already have the CW version, this new figure will violate my one figure per character rule that I have maintained since I started collecting in 2017. But in this instance I am sort of giving myself an out by rationalizing it will be ok to have booth figures if I keep the Civil War Black Panther at my office 😉
I would personally try to sell off the CW version, and once the 2.0 releases, have that spare cash + codes + discount to get a second one, if you still want that by then.

Maybe you have an personal attachment to the CW one, but once you get this new one with the noticeably better body, there is no way you can look at the CW the same again.

It also creates an itch for you to really look forward to the 2.0 release.

I’ll either sell my 1.0 or give it to my 10-year-old nephew for XMas. To him it will be a really cool toy vs. an expensive collectible figure. With HT the reality is that you always have to be prepared for the fact that what might be worth 2x or 3x today, can drop to below retail practically overnight with a reissue or upgrade announcement. Some folks will try race to unload before the word gets out, but I don’t have that kind of time not to mention it’s a bit shady. I usually just recalculate the value to original retail minus $50 or so. I figure that gives other collectors a fair option of buying the newest figure or saving $100+ and getting the previous version (sometimes NIB). I just chock it up to the price of collecting.

Regarding a Superman, I would love to see InArt announce both Cavill (Justice League) and Reeve (‘78). I think there’s room for improvement on both, plus it would probably light a fire under HT. I’d probably pick up the InArt for the rooted hair. I have a HT MoS that I’d sell, although I don’t know what they go for these days. Usually I just price at or below recent eBay “sold”

I’ll either sell my 1.0 or give it to my 10-year-old nephew for XMas. To him it will be a really cool toy vs. an expensive collectible figure. With HT the reality is that you always have to be prepared for the fact that what might be worth 2x or 3x today, can drop to below retail practically overnight with a reissue or upgrade announcement. Some folks will try race to unload before the word gets out, but I don’t have that kind of time not to mention it’s a bit shady. I usually just recalculate the value to original retail minus $50 or so. I figure that gives other collectors a fair option of buying the newest figure or saving $100+ and getting the previous version (sometimes NIB). I just chock it up to the price of collecting.

Regarding a Superman, I would love to see InArt announce both Cavill (Justice League) and Reeve (‘78). I think there’s room for improvement on both, plus it would probably light a fire under HT. I’d probably pick up the InArt for the rooted hair. I have a HT MoS that I’d sell, although I don’t know what they go for these days. Usually I just price at or below recent eBay “sold”
Not to derail or anything, but has InArt officially announced a Henry Cavill Superman or is it all speculated at this point? I see it mentioned from time to time but no official release threads.

Thanks in advance! 👍🏻

Not to derail or anything, but has InArt officially announced a Henry Cavill Superman or is it all speculated at this point? I see it mentioned from time to time but no official release threads.

Thanks in advance! 👍🏻
He was included in their slate/plan for 2022-2023 product calendar
IMG_1759.JPG

Thanks in advance! 👍🏻
The trinity (Batfleck, Gal WW and Cavill Sups) was included in their planned list of figures that they revealed a few months ago. And in one of the QnA's they mentioned it would be BvS trinity.

EDIT: @nm.ct beat me to it.

I

I would personally try to sell off the CW version, and once the 2.0 releases, have that spare cash + codes + discount to get a second one, if you still want that by then.

Maybe you have an personal attachment to the CW one, but once you get this new one with the noticeably better body, there is no way you can look at the CW the same again.

It also creates an itch for you to really look forward to the 2.0 release.
Ahhh you make some good points here.

It would not be awful to sell my CW Black Panther it is in perfect condition and is a great looking figure. Also a little extra cash is never a bad thing, so selling is not a bad option.

I have never sold a figure before but there are three other figures I have been wanting to sell (GOTG Thanos, GOTG2 Rocket, Warmachine MK3) so maybe I should get off my ass and put them all up.

The trinity (Batfleck, Gal WW and Cavill Sups) was included in their planned list of figures that they revealed a few months ago. And in one of the QnA's they mentioned it would be BvS trinity.

EDIT: @nm.ct beat me to it.
Totally looking forward to their announcement. I hope it prompts HT to give us a few reissues of Cavill.

I didn't realize until now that there are differences between Civil War and Black Panther original suit
iuv760hl40x61.jpg

Gsx8kd2Gn9RdTJjPULRgbf-1200-80.jpg

Interesting. I wasn't paying attention or really looking closely at the details of this figure but this is technically not a 2.0 like I believed it was.

I always preffered the original to the nano suit. It seemed much more intimidating to me. When he upgraded all I could think was, "Look out! It's Catman lol".
Also, BP picks up right after Civil War and he grew a full beard in a few days? Nit-picking I know, but that vibranium beard oil be working wonders haha
20220816_164132.jpg

Civil War | Black Panther | Black Panther/Avengers
bAL1xtv.jpg
Having rewatched CW so many times I lost count, BP a handful of times, how have I never noticed this before?

Happy with what we are getting with the HT figure, but that CW one does look better than the BP og. They probably deliberately downgrade the CW suit to make the Avengers suit better looking.

Yesterday I watched CW again, and BP's introduction and story in that movie is perfectly executed except:

- BP only weapons are his claws, which I assume are vibranium. When we first see BP attacking Bucky, he tries to attack Bucky w the claws, but Bucky uses a metal rusty pipe to stop the claws..... Wot.
Yes you red it right. He stopped BP's vibranium claws with a rusty pipe..

- At the end of the airport sequence, BP got betrayed by BW, and right before Cap and Buck take off w the Quinjet, BP managed to grab the wheels of the Quinjet.

But then he ******* slipped. Yes. His vibranium claws slipped while holding the tire of the Quinjet.

Last edited:
Back