1/6 Hot Toys - Avengers Mech Strike - Black Panther Collectible Figure (Artist Collection)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

Doesn't looks good to me, not my cup of tea.

I love it. Has a kind of 80's vibe to it.

Wish both films had this as the core BP outfit. Wish he had more weapons in this set though. Some shoulder mounted weapons in "human mode" and a missile rack system for "panther" mode. Also a sword. And one of the traditional spears that Michonne uses. Some laser rifles. A BFG.

Let's be honest, this is designed more of as a "toy" than a museum piece. So it should, IMHO, have the wild creative fun that a toy has in the end.

I felt the same thing about Shang Chi and The Eternals. Their outfits/costumes sucked. Well I thought so.

Aliens is a great film on it's own. But it's a merchandising monster because the stuff in it just plain looks cool. Even a lot of the technical stuff in Avatar looks cool. The original Predator, much of it was inspired on a short sketch that James Cameron made on a plane ride with Stan Winston. Cameron just knows how to make stuff look good.

A lot of MCU stuff, IMHO, is not as cool. The Chitauri don't look awesome. Their weapons don't look awesome. AFAIK, all the War Machines released sell well. Because they look so damn sexy.

To each their own I suppose. I do think a large portion of what makes stuff sell IS based on it's creative toy elements over it's collectible/museum piece elements.

PO'ing this after cancelling my Pajamas 2099.

My only gripe was imagining a human body transform into panther. Must be painful. But found out the panther form could also function as a huge robot.

This lil kitty will go really well with my Gundam and Unit 01. Now I want to get a high end Power Rangers robot to go along with it lol

Back