Big Chief Studios - 10th Doctor (2005-2010) TARDIS 1:6 Scale Collector diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot about BBTS having these. Might go with them since they have great service and closer by. Really hope BCS changes their mind. I have a 9th doc paid for but I might just cancel and go elsewhere

Whats worse regarding this tardis is the reason they pushed back the eta was over quality control issues. The 11th tardis had the exact same issues (misaligned doors, terrible paint apps, lights not working ect) so they said they would delay 10s to ensure these problems dont arrise. Im guessing they hired a blind guy.

It took a week for them to reply to my emails regarding my issue. Im now getting a replacement. Once this is all sorted, im never buying fron them again. The qc issues and lack of customer service is not worth the hassle. I thought the series 4 10th doctor looked nothing like what we were shown. The paint app was terrible, the clothes didnt fit no matter how much I futzed it, the stand was broken and the body had loose limbs (I would never buy one of their bodies as they are terrible. Knock offs are better IMO). With all that in mind and the problems with both the tardis', I dread to think what the 9th doctor issues will be. Shame as I really wanted him.

If you have to buy fron BCS, the only reason is for the incentives but then again, they do appear on ebay and in Facebook groups every so often

The incentives aren't even really incentives, either, seeing as how they now seem to sell most of them separately at a later date anyhow.

I'm kind of like Fox Milder when it comes to Big Chief, I want to believe. But damn if they don't make that difficult at times...

Big chief started out great but they have slowly been slipping.

The 11s green coat and this silly build a figure idea will never be sold separately (so they claim). Personally I think the smiling tennant looks creepy and off so I only want the robe now and ill just swap the head over. Also am i the only one that thinks rose looks nothing like rose?

To be a bit more positive, this will be my setup when I get my replacement

20160615_233429.jpg

The 11s green coat and this silly build a figure idea will never be sold separately (so they claim). Personally I think the smiling tennant looks creepy and off so I only want the robe now and ill just swap the head over. Also am i the only one that thinks rose looks nothing like rose?

I agree, I think the smiling Ten looks really weird and creepy! :lol Not a fan of the Rose sculpt either, so I am passing on that one - unless it gets heavily discounted at a later date then I might reconsider - we'll see.

Really hope everyone who is having issues with their Ten TARDIS can get it sorted though :pray: Sucks that you wait ages for these expensive things to be released and when you do finally get them there's issues like the ones mentioned. :mad:

For everyone in America like myself who may be on the fence about this; after yesterday's vote the pound is currently at its lowest compared to the dollar as its been in decades. Now might be the time to pounce.

According the latest Currency Conversion, this would cost me $350 to get over here.....hmmm....

Yea! Considering it was in the $400s a few days ago it's a steal now. I just snatched one up for $350.

So my faulty TARDIS was picked up the other day and I got my shipping confirmed text yesterday and should be with me on monday. Hopefully they checked this one before they sent it out as I know they dont usually do this. However, since I only sent the main police box back and kept the roof, phone, backdrop etc they will have to open another up and remove those parts.

With regards to the different coloured roof issue, you will need to stand your ground and insist a replacement. The fact is BCS always resort and jump to the "due to the nature of materials and construction of these..." excuse. I saw one guy on facebook who had a seriously misaligned TARDIS and he had to phone them up and have a right moan at them before they caved and said they would replace it. Now, I understand their go to excuse and the basis for it, but when you have alot of things misaligned or an unfinsihed paint job, it is their duty to exchange/refund the product. Thankfully, a misaligned door is something they consider to be a big fault and they have exchanged mine without question. Its just a shame it took them a week to reply to my emails.

I know this isnt really the thread but I found the picture they used for the Rose sculpt:

00.jpg

Believe me, I'll be standing my ground on this. I kind of have, uh, form when it comes to standing my ground with these guys and their sometimes bizarre ideas as to what constitutes appropriate customer service. Though it would be nice if I didn't have to worry about any of that this time around, and I'll give them full props if things do go smoothly. Still waiting for a response, so we'll just have to see how it all shakes out, I guess...

Hope your replacement arrives in perfect order. :)

You kept the roof? I thought the box had the right color and the roof the wrong one? Now I am confused.
But I hope the new one will be to your satisfaction. I feel like I can't post funny/nice pictures of mine if someone else is unhappy :(

You kept the roof? I thought the box had the right color and the roof the wrong one? Now I am confused.
But I hope the new one will be to your satisfaction. I feel like I can't post funny/nice pictures of mine if someone else is unhappy :(

It's a nice sentiment but you should most definitely share pictures and your enthusiasm! :)

My Tardis just arrived but it will probably be a little while before I have a chance to open it...really looking forward to adding it to my collection! 4thDoctorgrin.gif

Mine only had a wonky door, it was ex-parrot who has the bad roof (BCS will just send out a roof once they get his one back). I could have sent the whole thing back but I chose to only send the box itself in case the next one i received had a different coloured roof. As i have said before, BCS dont check over the contents when sending out a replacements. They claim they just dont have the time to do it so since they are only replacing and sending out the box itself, hopefully they will have checked it over when they removed the roof, backdrop etc (pretty sneaky really). I highly doubt they will just send me a complete TARDIS. If they do then great and if the roof is fine, im happy to send the spare roof to who ever wants it as long as they cover the postage.

The main contents are:
The main box
The roof
The phone and
a backdrop.

I kept everything and only sent the box back. They should send me just another box and they will use the lid to send to someone else i suspect. As you can see below, the lid was fine but those windows on the main box were not. Not quite so noticeable in this picture...

20160615_121246.jpg

But in this one its very noticeable just like in person...

20160615_121136.jpg

I really wish I could just have all of mine replaced. Even if they sent me a new roof, I'd have to find a way to repaint that floor. Pictures just don't show how sloppy it looks(staining is splotchy and a kind of white color where the paint was wiped off or not applied fully)

Right, I mixed you guys up. Sorry. I hope everyone will be satisfied in the end! Not much left for replacements though, I hear only 20 left or so? Well, 19, since my friend bought one as well.

(It's a bad joke but someone's got to do it)

- Knock knock.
- Who's there?
- The Doctor.
- Doctor Who?

The 11s green coat and this silly build a figure idea will never be sold separately (so they claim).

Well they've just put the green coat 'incentive exclusive' up for separate sale, so that's the Cyberman head, the Capaldi head, the Weeping Angel's Cherub, River Song's diary and the extra Adipose exclusives all made available to buy at a later date now. Anyone who thinks they won't release the Christmas Invasion clothing set and head sculpt at some point down the line is kidding themselves, I'd say.

They have already confirmed they will be selling the complete "build a ten" figure once finished. They said it will have all the incentives parts plus a body and come in a plain box.

Back