Big Chief Studios - 10th Doctor (2005-2010) TARDIS 1:6 Scale Collector diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You shouldn't be paying anything extra if the item is truly defective, which, if the roof doesn't match, then it isn't what you paid for. Maybe they can offer you some store credit or something as compensation?

By rights, no, I shouldn't. Unless I've misunderstood somewhere along the way, that appears to be the situation I find myself in, however.

But honestly, at the end of the day I'd rather go out of pocket than be stuck with what I've got...just as long as it all ends up being as it should after all is said and done, I can grit my teeth and live with it, if needs must.

It's easy to say because it's true. Just because 3 guys post their defects doesn't mean you represent the majority. Sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So the three people who posted were just unlucky with the item they received?

By rights, no, I shouldn't. Unless I've misunderstood somewhere along the way, that appears to be the situation I find myself in, however.

But honestly, at the end of the day I'd rather go out of pocket than be stuck with what I've got...just as long as it all ends up being as it should after all is said and done, I can grit my teeth and live with it, if needs must.

No, you shouldn't have to pay a thing for a refund or replacement. The error is theirs, not yours. Don't pay a cent extra to return this, they need to know they can't put their manufacturing problems on the customer. If you buy a brand new car and the engine blows up the first time you start it up you don't then pay extra to have it repaired. Same thing here. If you don't fight for your rights it will just encourage them to screw over other customers. This isn't a minor defect you're being super picky about, it's a major problem and it's all theirs. Don't reward their poor quality control.

The last time I fought for my rights with Big Chief it turned into a four month long battle, which only got fixed ultimately after I made it all public. And while it ultimately ended like common sense always said it should have, and one would hope that the past is the past, honestly, I just don't have the time or energy to go through that all over again, even if I have to go out of pocket to avoid it. Not if I can just get it fixed and be done with it, after they have said they'd replace the part. Which, ultimately, is the most important thing to me.

Maybe I've misinterpreted things, and I'm overly touchy because of prior experiences, I'm still waiting on another response which will hopefully clear matters up more, but communicating with BC is rather slow going even at the best of times, so even getting clarification on something can be difficult. But right now my primary concern is getting a TARDIS that looks like it should, and anything else is an issue for another day as far as I'm concerned.

The last time I fought for my rights with Big Chief it turned into a four month long battle, which only got fixed ultimately after I made it all public. And while it ultimately ended like common sense always said it should have, and one would hope that the past is the past, honestly, I just don't have the time or energy to go through that all over again, even if I have to go out of pocket to avoid it. Not if I can just get it fixed and be done with it, after they have said they'd replace the part. Which, ultimately, is the most important thing to me.

Maybe I've misinterpreted things, and I'm overly touchy because of prior experiences, I'm still waiting on another response which will hopefully clear matters up more, but communicating with BC is rather slow going even at the best of times, so even getting clarification on something can be difficult. But right now my primary concern is getting a TARDIS that looks like it should, and anything else is an issue for another day as far as I'm concerned.

It seems that it was a miscommunication/misunderstanding after all, which is a welcome relief, as I've just gotten word back from Big Chief (much quicker than expected) and now they have been entirely reasonable about the matter, nor will there now be any reason for me to go out of pocket, just as should be the case. So providing the replacement piece is up to scratch, works, and is the right colour, I'll have no complaints about how I was treated this time around (other then their email response time still usually being rather slow ;)).

Hopefully alls well that ends well.

some good news at last. i got mine sorted fairly quickly and hearing that a couple of peoples roof colours where like yours with BCS saying its not a fault, its good to hear you are finally getting a replacement

Finally was able to retrieve mine. No worries with it. I am a bit troubled by the telephone. I can't figure out how to install it on the door and there are no instructions. Yikes!

Finally was able to retrieve mine. No worries with it. I am a bit troubled by the telephone. I can't figure out how to install it on the door and there are no instructions. Yikes!

It uses magnets so it just sticks there. Im looking at shortening the cord as its not meant to be that long

Thanks sir doctor. I feel pretty dumb after feeling it snap to the door. :lol

Its ok. There have been a few people who didnt know. Go get yourself a jammie dodger

some good news at last. i got mine sorted fairly quickly and hearing that a couple of peoples roof colours where like yours with BCS saying its not a fault, its good to hear you are finally getting a replacement

Cheers, sirdoctor. :)

Honestly, despite my initial fears they treated me right this time, and I don't know how others may have fared, but other than the initially slow email turnaround time, it all turned out to be pretty painless for me in the end. So just as long as the replacement arrives undamaged, the right colour, and with working electronics I'll be a happy camper, and full credit to them. :)

So they've offered to replace my roof. I'll still need to have the floor repainted(wish my stupid camera could reflect what it actually looks like in person), but at least it's not as noticeable as a different colored roof. Good to see they're taking care of these issues for everyone

Glad to hear it.

My floor wasn't great, either, but unlike the roof it was something I could live with.

So I get my replacement top and, of course, it's just as blue as the last one. In addition, it won't even fit right, so it wobbles with big gaps at the seams. Can I just get my money back on this piece of crap...

This is the "best side" with the least gap

tardisTop.jpg

And the blue top again. This one had a bit more of the correct weathering in parts, but still completely off

tardisTop2.jpg

Mine wobbles if it's not facing the right way. Are you sure yours is?

I'm still on the fence with this. Do I take a chance? I really wanted one to go with my 10 but I can't be bothered with the hassle of returning it if it's faulty. I'll maybe just get a 12 figure instead...

Not sure if I should even bother with asking for a refund. I can already see the response that it's within acceptable tolerances =/

Back