Big Chief Studios - 10th Doctor (2005-2010) TARDIS 1:6 Scale Collector diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. I emailed them last night and got a reply saying their factory has advised January 2016.

I have both Tardis' pre ordered and paid in full so its just the waiting game now. Where they are gonna go I dont know but will decide when I get them. I only really wanted the tennant one but I payed in full on the smith one thinking the tennant one wouldnt materialize for a long time (boy was I wrong). I would of cancelled the smith version but but I would have lost around £60 in NRD, besides I like the look of the door sign when it lights up, I get the green coat and I could always try and sell it later if I choose too. Doubt I will once I get it though.

Once the delorean is in my hands there will be some fun crossover pics. Looks like I may be getting a delorean and a Tardis around the same time now

Came in today. Holy crap is this thing huge and HEAVY. Really is a beauty. Now I have to figure out where to put it haha

Mine's coming the end of this week and I'm still trying to figure out the type of setting I want to build for it!

Couple of things bother me on this after closer inspection. The top is a completely different shade of blue to the body. Almost more like the 11th's. Mine also has a really ugly staining job on the floor portion by the door

Couple of things bother me on this after closer inspection. The top is a completely different shade of blue to the body. Almost more like the 11th's. Mine also has a really ugly staining job on the floor portion by the door

Can you post pictures?

Can you post pictures?

Yeah, was working on them. Will be up in a bit

It kind of looks like that's the base color and they applied a color on top of it but not on the top

40uVxnG.jpg

Here's the awful looking floor

NeQxxTM.jpg

The staining on the floor I could live with. The mismatched paint, however, I could not. Mine was delivered yesterday but I am out of the country so I won't be able to inspect mine until after July 4. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, I don't know if the staining is kind of meant to be worn like that or what. The top is really more distracting, though. I'd hate to try and return this thing being how massive it is >_<

BCS is usually pretty good, they might replace the top and cover your return or have you destroy it? Never had to do that myself.

looks like theyve given you an 11th tardis top. I had a misaligned door so the windows look wonky. Its taken nearly a week for them to contact me back but finally things are moving forward on getting a replacement. My floor didnt look like that though but I too could have lived with that.

20160615_121136.jpg

looks like theyve given you an 11th tardis top. I had a misaligned door so the windows look wonky. Its taken nearly a week for them to contact me back but finally things are moving forward on getting a replacement. My floor didnt look like that though but I too could have lived with that.

I actually thought the same, but the design looks to be correct for the 10th. It just looks like they didn't apply the dark wash to the base color. They were quick to contact me back and wanted better pictures. I think this should make it clear, or at least I hope. They've always been really helpful in the past, so I'm sure it will get worked out

The said the flooring was just weathering. I still think it looks terrible for what this thing cost

2OzZuvK.jpg

I can confirm that my floor does not look like that. I can also confirm that my top and base have the same color. Maybe try photographing it without flash, I think it will make things clearer.

My door was just about a millimeter out of synch which can be only seen if you put a ruler to it. You barely notice otherwise. I am very happy with my purchase!

Back