Big Chief Studios - 10th Doctor (2005-2010) TARDIS 1:6 Scale Collector diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can confirm that my floor does not look like that. I can also confirm that my top and base have the same color. Maybe try photographing it without flash, I think it will make things clearer.

My door was just about a millimeter out of synch which can be only seen if you put a ruler to it. You barely notice otherwise. I am very happy with my purchase!

They requested one without flash, but it's too dark to really see without a flash. Also noticed a big glob of running paint on the top as well. Am I being too unreasonable about the floor? I just think I got a dud. At least my doors appear straight...

I guess the floor is one of those things that once you have seen it, you can't unsee.
It depends what you want to do with your TARDIS. Me, I love to set up scenes with figures, and I think it would not really be visible in pictures.

You mean it's too dark outside? I'm sure you can wait for the next day for a proper photograph.

I guess the floor is one of those things that once you have seen it, you can't unsee.
It depends what you want to do with your TARDIS. Me, I love to set up scenes with figures, and I think it would not really be visible in pictures.

You mean it's too dark outside? I'm sure you can wait for the next day for a proper photograph.

It's more of the can't unsee. I guess I could find a 1/6 mop and pretend the doc is cleaning up melted ice cream...

I meant it was too dark inside with my lighting. I sent them both flash and no flash, but will try outside if that doesn't work

this is the only picture I have of my floor and I didnt have that spilled ice cream

20160615_123815.jpg

To each their own, and of course photos may make it come across different, but I can't say the floor would bother me. And I'm picky. It's right on the entry of a door, it's bound to be messy, you know?

Mine arrived on Monday.
The Fed Ex guy didn't leave it behind.
We're out of state until Thursday.
My older brother picked it up at the Fed Ex depot that night.
I'll open it when I get home.
I hope I have no major issues.

Got mine today and didn't notice any issues with it. I just have it with the 10th doctor posed in front of it now. I'll probably switch to the 10th Doctor in Pajamas once I get the extra head with the 9th. Anybody have any ideas the best place to pick up a body for the extra figure?

Got mine today and didn't notice any issues with it. I just have it with the 10th doctor posed in front of it now. I'll probably switch to the 10th Doctor in Pajamas once I get the extra head with the 9th. Anybody have any ideas the best place to pick up a body for the extra figure?
It may be possible that Big Chief is selling bodies for it when the time comes. I think I read that somewhere.

There are many options for picking-up an extra body. There are dozens of options available through Ebay. As a customizer, I like to use Toy Anxiety, as they sell tons of spare parts and have great customer service. Mark from BCS recently stated they will be offering bodies as well pretty soon if you want to go with them.

Ok, now I'm starting to get pissed. They keep telling me that the color difference isn't enough to warrant an exchange. I swear to god, I will never do business with this co. ever again after having bought damn near all of their stuff

"The difference is not clear enough from what is portrayed to warrant an exchange from in the images you've sent. Due to the hand-made nature of the manufacturing process and the weathered character of the 10th Doctor Tardis the difference is within the tolerances of the Diorama model."

This is outside in the daylight. I don't know how much clearer I can make it

teFgoC6.jpg

And another inside with no flash

WQxEiS8.jpg

I feel your pain, believe me. I, too, got a roof that is a completely different colour of blue to the body of the TARDIS, and while it may be hard to photograph to their satisfaction, it is very obvious in person. Plus my roof paint is covered in oily fingerprint stains.I also got a door that doesn't close properly, a floor that isn't painted straight where the door opens, but instead has a huge glob of orange paint that goes past the end line of the floor, and a pyjama top with a dark greasy fingerprint stain on one side of the collar.

I really need to stop giving Big Chief my money, no matter how much I love Doctor Who. Their production standards all too often just don't come anywhere near where they should do, given the top end prices they demand for their products. When they do nail it, they're great, but when they don't... And given that inconsistency, you just can't reliably predict in advance which pieces are going to live up to expectations, and which are going to somehow miss the mark. It's all rather frustrating, to be honest.

^ Agreed. They are clearly different shades of blue. Surprised at BCS for not doing anything about it, not good on their part at all especially considering how much these things cost.

Here's the thing, I'm not overly picky, I've been collecting a long time, and I know and expect to see certain imperfections when the factory product hits. But there is a big difference between standard imperfections, and sloppy work. And sadly, too often, I'm genuinely sorry to say, I have found Big Chief's pieces to very much end up being the latter.

The difference is obvious. At least a partial refund or store credit should be considered.

Unfortunately, that would still leave me with a defective product. All I asked for was to replace the top. Shouldn't be too unreasonable, yeah?

I feel your pain, believe me. I, too, got a roof that is a completely different colour of blue to the body of the TARDIS, and while it may be hard to photograph to their satisfaction, it is very obvious in person. Plus my roof paint is covered in oily fingerprint stains.I also got a door that doesn't close properly, a floor that isn't painted straight where the door opens, but instead has a huge glob of orange paint that goes past the end line of the floor, and a pyjama top with a dark greasy fingerprint stain on one side of the collar.

I really need to stop giving Big Chief my money, no matter how much I love Doctor Who. Their production standards all too often just don't come anywhere near where they should do, given the top end prices they demand for their products.

That sux. You're right, it's very difficult to photograph the coloring, but it's incredibly noticeable in person. Looking over the rest of mine, it has similar sloppy paint apps. The floor is a mess not just in the front part I posted. I would return the thing, but it would cost a fortune to ship back. Agreed that their quality does not warrant the price they charge. Really bummed after waiting so long =(

Guys, just wait for their products to arrive at BBTS or Entertainment Earth, they'd be happy to exchange an item for you. The only thing you're doing by getting it from BC is getting it earlier and giving them a larger cut do to you buying it direct from them. If this is how they want to treat you I suggest you wait patiently for their products to come into stock at an online retailer. It just seems like there was a screw up at the factory and they don't want to honor their mistake.

Have you seen the exorbitant international shipping costs at BBTS and EE?

To be fair to Big Chief, I have only just contacted them, so I shouldn't jump to any conclusions yet, but past experience doesn't make me overly optimistic, I guess. :(

No problem.

Believe me, if there was a practical alternative option for me, I'd take it. :lol

Back