**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I'm going to picture you sliding around the floor in your diapers and a baseball bat.

giphy.gif

A Reva series could work if it is well written and directed and the actress tweaks the portrayal (less tantrum shouty shouty, more cold, calculating, smart and intimidating). A show about an inquisitor relentlessly hunting Jedi could be very exciting! Disney just needs to put some effort in.

We know they won't. but they could.

I wish to have my low expectations subverted.
Aaah you mean a show where a live action Seventh Sister takes out Reva in the first 20 minutes, with plenty of snark. I'd watch that, if well cast and written. As for Reva's magic box story I. Don't. Care.

But I'll keep watching Obi, for Ewan and the probably futile hope Qui-Gon makes an appearance. It's like an expensive pre-paid meal - you keep eating, 'coz maybe at least dessert won't be stale cake. Maybe.:blissysmi

The senator's innocent 10-year-old daughter was detained in handcuffs at an Imperial facility where she was bound to a torture device before being rescued by a Jedi. Makes me think that the political/PR optics aren't of too much concern.

The Jedi are recognized across the galaxy as wanted fugitives, and the senator's daughter was rescued by one of the most notorious ones. Maybe (probably) there's even footage of it. So, if Palpatine/Vader were to hold the Organa family under suspicion and question them further, they'd have the high ground. ;)

And since Bail is shown in Rebels to end up working closely with Rebellion leadership, and even visits their secret base on Yavin (which the Empire was trying hard to find), he doesn't seem to have been monitored very closely after proving that he had an ongoing connection to Kenobi. That makes Vader, and the Empire in general, continue to look stupider.

Maybe the writers accounted for all of this and will resolve it cleverly in the final two episodes. Or maybe they just wanted the nostalgia hits of using Jimmy Smits again and having young Leia without thinking it through (because narrative integrity doesn't matter to them).
So you're saying I was wise to add that disclaimer. :lol

I have to disagree about the political/PR optics though, because up to this point everything about Leia's kidnapping, capture, detention, interrogation and subsequent rescue by a Jedi has been done on the down low, so there have been no optics to consider. Arresting and interrogating a known, public figure who will be missed like Senator Organa takes things to the next level and could potentially shed unfavorable light on the whole nefarious endeavor. And at this point I think Palpatine (and by extension Vader) has bigger fish to fry, what with a Death Star to build.

Plus Ahsoka Tano's out there somewhere, and she's a much bigger threat to the Emperor as she's 10x the Jedi that Obi-Wan could ever hope to be....

:chase

So you're saying I was wise to add that disclaimer. :lol

I have to disagree about the political/PR optics though, because up to this point everything about Leia's kidnapping, capture, detention, interrogation and subsequent rescue by a Jedi has been done on the down low, so there have been no optics to consider. Arresting and interrogating a known, public figure who will be missed like Senator Organa takes things to the next level and could potentially shed unfavorable light on the whole nefarious endeavor. And at this point I think Palpatine (and by extension Vader) has bigger fish to fry, what with a Death Star to build.

Plus Ahsoka Tano's out there somewhere, and she's a much bigger threat to the Emperor as she's 10x the Jedi that Obi-Wan could ever hope to be....

:chase
Unless they were planning on killing Leia and burying their involvement, I don't see how the political optics of Bail's daughter being able to tell him about her Imperial detention and threats wouldn't be something he could just as easily take to the senate and make equal (if not more) political commotion about.

The Empire seems to have such a strong grip of power that ease of controlling the narrative would be perceived under that same sense of hubris that surrounds all of their moves. Palpatine did end up dissolving the senate ten years later, after all.

I understand and appreciate that you're not defending the writing, but just trying to find a way to make what they've done work in the larger SW context. I would be doing the same thing if I felt this show was worth it. In this case, I just don't think it works without far too much hand-waving mental gymnastics. Not just with this Bail plot point, but with tons of stuff.

:lol @ the Ahsoka reference.

Unless they were planning on killing Leia and burying their involvement, I don't see how the political optics of Bail's daughter being able to tell him about her Imperial detention and threats wouldn't be something he could just as easily take to the senate and make equal (if not more) political commotion about.

The Empire seems to have such a strong grip of power that ease of controlling the narrative would be perceived under that same sense of hubris that surrounds all of their moves. Palpatine did end up dissolving the senate ten years later, after all.

I understand and appreciate that you're not defending the writing, but just trying to find a way to make what they've done work in the larger SW context. I would be doing the same thing if I felt this show was worth it. In this case, I just don't think it works without far too much hand-waving mental gymnastics. Not just with this Bail plot point, but with tons of stuff.

:lol @ the Ahsoka reference.
Well Bail got Obi-Wan involved in the first place partly to keep his political rivals from finding out about Leia's kidnapping, so I think it would be unlikely he'd take the matter to the Senate. More to the point, he'd want to keep focus away from Leia lest her lineage be discovered. Regardless, I think we're in violent agreement that WE'VE done more in-depth analyses of the canonical validity of the events in this show than have the actual writers. :lol

Well Bail got Obi-Wan involved in the first place partly to keep his political rivals from finding out about Leia's kidnapping, so I think it would be unlikely he'd take the matter to the Senate. More to the point, he'd want to keep focus away from Leia lest her lineage be discovered. Regardless, I think we're in violent agreement that WE'VE done more in-depth analyses of the canonical validity of the events in this show than have the actual writers. :lol
But no one in the Empire (Reva included) would have any way to know that Bail wouldn't go public out of fear of exposing his daughter's Skywalker lineage. That makes it a moot point because we're looking at it from the Imperial point of view and what *they'd* be needing to anticipate.

Now that you mention it, the fact that Reva presumed Kenobi would be called upon rather than Bail deploying Alderaan's resources seems quite the astute evaluation of his expected actions based on very little to go by. So yeah, I certainly concur about the depth of analysis done by the writers. :lol :duff

Back