**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, since Obi-Wan's "crime" was simply existing I was perfectly fine with it lol...
Daaamn. Guy just follows the "if you see something say something" protocol with regard to supposed traitors who tried to overthrow the government and you're all yep human shield that b****! :lol

Obi-Wan certainly didn't do anything to change public opinion of the Jedi with that move, lol.

You're asking for too much. :lol

The small handful of usual suspects in this forum tell everyone that this show is stupid, that it sucks, and how much they hate it. Yet they watch the show and return here on a daily basis, spending hours repeating the same tripe ad nauseam. :rotfl

If I thought this show sucked as much as they do and hated it as much as they do I wouldn't waste my time posting in this thread. There are several TV series and movies that I think are garbage but I don't bother to post in those threads.

To each their own I guess. :lol

You gotta stop lying to yourself that you like this show. You're just here to keep an eye on some of us, waiting to strike us down. :naughty :lsvader

"Who are you?"

"Reva."

"Reva who?"

"Reva Skywalker Vader Quadinaros Organa."

Reva: I am Reva Calrissian Darkwing.

Fett: I am Boba Fett.

The Reva Show follows the misadventures of a Jedi Youngling captured by the Empire, tortured, broken and trained by the Inquistors -- her rise to power, top of her class, from a little nothing Jedi to a powerful, self-reliant maverick Inquisitrix.

A Reva series could work if it is well written and directed and the actress tweaks the portrayal (less tantrum shouty shouty, more cold, calculating, smart and intimidating). A show about an inquisitor relentlessly hunting Jedi could be very exciting! Disney just needs to put some effort in.

We know they won't. but they could.

I wish to have my low expectations subverted.

I've thought on this a bit more and it occurs to me that Anakin was probably already aware of the Obi-Wan/Bail connection, either from his time as a Jedi fighting alongside Obi-Wan in the Clone Wars or his relationship with Padme. Given that, Bail having a "break glass only in the event of emergency" communicator for contacting Obi-Wan would not be a huge surprise to him. Bail could claim that the communicator dated back to before the rise of the Empire and he reached out to Obi-Wan out of desperation, not knowing if he was even alive or where he was located. Regardless, his station as a Senator might protect him from interrogation/torture and having to explain himself. Detaining and interrogating a beloved public leader (especially in connection to the kidnapping of his daughter perpetrated by an Imperial agent) could sow the seeds of rebellion, something Palpatine & Darth would realize and want to avoid. Bail would be watched going forward, but unless Reva survives and makes a big deal about Leia resisting her mind probe there's no reason for Vader to give her a second thought. Also, employing a tactic (using Leia as bait to capture Obi-Wan) that already failed once probably isn't something Vader would be inclined to do.

Disclaimer: I'm not defending the decisions made in making this show, I'm just taking a stab at making them fit the known narrative. :lol
The senator's innocent 10-year-old daughter was detained in handcuffs at an Imperial facility where she was bound to a torture device before being rescued by a Jedi. Makes me think that the political/PR optics aren't of too much concern.

The Jedi are recognized across the galaxy as wanted fugitives, and the senator's daughter was rescued by one of the most notorious ones. Maybe (probably) there's even footage of it. So, if Palpatine/Vader were to hold the Organa family under suspicion and question them further, they'd have the high ground. ;)

And since Bail is shown in Rebels to end up working closely with Rebellion leadership, and even visits their secret base on Yavin (which the Empire was trying hard to find), he doesn't seem to have been monitored very closely after proving that he had an ongoing connection to Kenobi. That makes Vader, and the Empire in general, continue to look stupider.

Maybe the writers accounted for all of this and will resolve it cleverly in the final two episodes. Or maybe they just wanted the nostalgia hits of using Jimmy Smits again and having young Leia without thinking it through (because narrative integrity doesn't matter to them).

You gotta stop lying to yourself that you like this show. You're just here to keep an eye on some of us, waiting to strike us down. :naughty :lsvader
I actually like the show, faults and all.

You need to stop lying to yourself that you hate this show. We all know you secretly love it. :nana:

Edit:
BTW...I don't have to wait to strike any of you down.
SkinnyPointedAnglerfish-max-1mb.gif
:monkey3

Back