Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, pretty sure without him we wouldn't have gotten that epic Vader hall scene. But I still credit Gareth Edwards for doing all the rest. He was probably under a lot of pressure from Kennedy etc. Anyway turned out well in the end.
The hallway was Gareth Edwards not Gilroy.

I'm not putting any links in here again but people need to listen to interviews with Gilroy on how Rogue One got finished. He doesn't like to talk about it in too much detail but the fact that it turned out the way it did was pure hard work and luck.

from what I heard it may have been someone else (2nd unit director Simon Crane) who directed that scene late in the game, so neither of them but from what I read it was filmed during Edwards time on the film.
Gilroy was the 3rd person to work on the script, he didn’t really direct much.
Edwards was there through all of it, bar some connecting scenes in additional photography (you’ll notice people’s haircuts/wigs are different) but the hallway scene was all him after editing everything together.

from what I heard it may have been someone else (2nd unit director Simon Crane) who directed that scene late in the game, so neither of them but from what I read it was filmed during Edwards time on the film.
Edwards was in the scene (the rebel who releases the ship) so yeah, he was there

Edwards was in the scene (the rebel who releases the ship) so yeah, he was there
Yes exactly. He's the guy who pulls the lever to undock the ship, and essentially set in motion the rest on the Ep4,5 & 6.

I recall he really wanted to be that guy, for just that reason. Which is pretty cool imo.

Gilroy was the 3rd person to work on the script, he didn’t really direct much.
Edwards was there through all of it, bar some connecting scenes in additional photography (you’ll notice people’s haircuts/wigs are different) but the hallway scene was all him after editing everything together.

thanks for the link. I remember watching that years ago among a few others. That's so cool that he stole the prop for the deathstar plans !

Also really cool as far as him playing the guy who undocks the blockade runner to set Ep4,5 & 6 in motion.

I really think Gareth got unfairly treated. I guess it was a timing/editing thing perhaps in the end ? Hence Gilroy coming in.

Either way, that Vader hallway scene is still my favourite SW scene ever.

The hallway was Gareth Edwards not Gilroy.
According to Freddie Prince Jr it was Filoni who did the Vader hallway scene.

“Maybe I’m not allowed to say this, (but) Dave Filoni directed that scene in Rogue One where Vader comes through and you see basically what’s going to happen in “A New Hope.” He directed all that.”

Well going from one epic SW film to well.......

Wonder how many figures Hot Toys will make from this one...

Leslye Headland Confirms The Upcoming Star Wars Series 'The Acolyte' Will "Look Into What's Going On For All Of Us Right Now"
Probably more than Andor, sadly. Kathleen will want to force this one in your face as much as possible. It sounds brilliant, it really does. High Republic, woke politics, female-centric and anti-patriarchy, and painting the Jedi as villains. All delivered by Harvey Weinstein’s personal secretary, who didn’t give much of a toss about female equality when she turned a blind eye to what her boss was doing under her nose. It sounds like it’ll be a blast, can’t wait.

8FEFB7A7-603D-49A6-8C27-76E674260C55.jpeg

According to Freddie Prince Jr it was Filoni who did the Vader hallway scene.

“Maybe I’m not allowed to say this, (but) Dave Filoni directed that scene in Rogue One where Vader comes through and you see basically what’s going to happen in “A New Hope.” He directed all that.”
He was mistaken.

Probably more than Andor, sadly. Kathleen will want to force this one in your face as much as possible. It sounds brilliant, it really does. High Republic, woke politics, female-centric and anti-patriarchy, and painting the Jedi as villains. All delivered by Harvey Weinstein’s personal secretary, who didn’t give much of a toss about female equality when she turned a blind eye to what her boss was doing under her nose. It sounds like it’ll be a blast, can’t wait.

View attachment 639539
From that article
“I would love you to join us. I would love you to be interested in it. And if it’s not your thing, the cool thing about Star Wars right now is there is so much you can align yourself with and invest yourself in. And if you don’t like it, that’s fine,”

So, if you can’t handle it then no need to watch it.

From that article
“I would love you to join us. I would love you to be interested in it. And if it’s not your thing, the cool thing about Star Wars right now is there is so much you can align yourself with and invest yourself in. And if you don’t like it, that’s fine,”

So, if you can’t handle it then no need to watch it.
Well thank for your permission to not watch it. Silly me for thinking if you owned one of the greatest franchises of all-time that you'd actually make content people want to watch. Personally I think it's a massive waste of resources and taking up a show slot that you could give to something people might actually want to watch. If you're happy to accept mediocrity then good luck to you, some of us aren't.

Come on, don't be like that. I don't think it'll be for me, but that but doesn't mean it'll be bad. Even on these forums we have people focused on select parts of star wars and hating others. The OT fans, clone wars, prequels. Its a big franchise that is constantly evolving, and doesn't need to dedicate itself to only older fans. The fact that we have andor and this coming out at the same time is great. We know Disney was gonna milk it, be glad they are being disverse in their projects instead of the next 6 years dedicated to only one.

I disliked Rogue One and could not get through Andor but I feel bad for you guys who enjoy it. Sucks that Hot Toys didn’t even release the titular character from the show (and Baze from the movie).

Star Wars fans are in dire need of consistency. Right now, quality is all over the place. It's like it has sub divisions in the company between Gilroy, Filoni and Favreau, Headland and Waititi making different projects but somehow in the same continuity. It's a mess, made worse by a moronic CEO who should have been fired years ago but is somehow still working. It baffles me.

Star Wars fans are in dire need of consistency. Right now, quality is all over the place. It's like it has sub divisions in the company between Gilroy, Filoni and Favreau, Headland and Waititi making different projects but somehow in the same continuity. It's a mess, made worse by a moronic CEO who should have been fired years ago but is somehow still working. It baffles me.
It amazes me how there are still people out there defending Kathleen Kennedy despite the huge mess clearly being the fault of a poor leader. If she was a football manager she’d have been sacked years ago. Disney has a 50/50 success rate at best under her, and probably 20/80 on the movie side of things.

Successes =

Rogue One
Clone Wars season 7
Mandalorian season 1
Mandalorian season 2
Andor
Tales of the Jedi

Middling =

Solo
Bad Batch

Failures =

The Force Awakens
The Last Jedi
Rise of Skywalker
Book of Boba Fett
Kenobi
Mandalorian season 3

And that’s without mentioning the countless announced and cancelled movies and sacked directors/writers. I suspect that failures column will increase with Skeleton Crew, The Acolyte, and the Rey Skywalker movie. How can anyone fail so often and stay employed?

Back