MCU Loki Series on Disney Streaming service

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popnfresh98

Super Freak
Reaction score
As part of their announcement, Iger officially confirmed that Marvel Studios is indeed developing an original series for Disney+ centered on Loki, with Tom Hiddleston reprising his fan-favorite role as the God of Mischief. An official title hasn't been given, but expect to learn a whole lot more about the project when it goes into production sometime next year.

Disney play is Disney+ now. It is set in the MCU and does star Tom Hiddleston.

So the last rumoured one was the scarlet witch series..

Not sure about a series based on Loki. Idk how you can do that without appearances from Thor or Odin.
This seems easy to me. So many TV shows are really built off of one wacky character who winds up in wacky situations every week. E.g., House, Monk, Big Bang Theory, Roseanne, Everybody Loves Raymond, etc.

Loki is one of the most charismatic and interesting Marvel Universe characters, so he doesn't need a broader cast or overarching narrative to make people pay attention. So, you create a backdrop where he has to live in New York City without most of his powers or something, give him a wacky sidekick/assistant, set up a recurring nemesis, and you've got a formula for at least 3-4 seasons of hijinks.

Yep and if Hiddleston oversteps his bounds with an offensive tweet just have the series skip ahead to his IW death and rename it The Odinsons.

IDK I have my doubts on this. I think it would be awful actually they treated it like a regular sitcom where Loki is getting in and out of trouble each episode. I would see more as an adventure story where we establish his goal at the beginning, watch him go through troubles to reach said goal, and then ultimately fail at the end.

IDK I have my doubts on this. I think it would be awful actually they treated it like a regular sitcom where Loki is getting in and out of trouble each episode. I would see more as an adventure story where we establish his goal at the beginning, watch him go through troubles to reach said goal, and then ultimately fail at the end.

https://screenrant.com/kevin-feige-mcu-tv-shows/

During one of THR's producer roundtables, Feige likened the narrative structure of the new TV shows to campfire stories, saying, "As many people as you can get around the campfire and tell stories. Campfires can be different: We are going to tell stories for the streaming service that we wouldn't be able to tell in a theatrical experience." He then added that this new approach would ultimately feel more aligned with the story structure of the comics upon which these series' will be based

Not having details, or follow-up details, or character expansion for me is frustrating, just 'coz you start caring about the characters and want more.

"I've seen worlds you've never known about! I have grown, Odinson, in my exile. I have seen the true power of the Tesseract, and when I wield it... "

Not sayin' the series should go backwards in time, but just that sentence opens doors IMO. Where was Loki in exile? Places that could be revisited? Plus drawing from comics. I'm excited about all this, what Feige describes could do what movies can't, because there is more time.

Back