**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one's home town is being taken over, it's getting expanded and some people just don't like the new neighbors. The original hometown from 1977 is exactly the same, so just avoid the new part of the neighborhood.

No one's home town is being taken over, it's getting expanded and some people just don't like the new neighbors. The original hometown from 1977 is exactly the same, so just avoid the new part of the neighborhood.
Ah, yes.... "some people" just don't like "the new neighbors."

Trading some not-so-subtle subtext.... for some not-so-subtle subtext. Nice. :lol

:lol

Well you brought up hooligans so I stuck with the people theme. I guess some residents also aren't happy with the new shopping mall that they can't see unless they go out of their way and drive over to it.

Think of it as a support group as they watch something they love slowly die before their eyes. (Not necessarily my view, I'm not up to the latest episode yet.)

Star Wars is like Dracula. You can't kill it.

It always comes back. The Sequel Trilogy was a stake through the heart that turned the franchise to dust.

And yet... it dusted itself off and came back with The Mandalorian.

Whenever we make fun of a new series, Star Wars is resilient.

giphy.gif

When I become God Emperor I'll ban literally all Pop Culture, with very few exceptions. That'll finally kill Star Wars. And then I'll rewrite FF as the tale of a heroic supergenius sorcerer philosopher king fighting against reckless scientists, as it should be.

Thank you for reading my blogpost about my delusional daydreams.

PS: Oh yeah, new Kenobi episode... I'm not going to do it. I'm not going to talk about it. It featured a child being smuggled under a coat admist a base full of military personel. That's... That's a new low. I watched it at 4.0x until my cocoa was ready and it was still a chore. I'm not even going to post a gif. I'm not. It's that bad. I wonder how they're not embarrassed to put such a product out there, but I suppose to make it in that business you need 0 integrity. Whatever.

Last edited:
Yeah they've really made a point to say that the Inquisitors are capable of finding not just Jedi but anyone who is Force sensitive even if they don't know how to use their powers. Like you said though it will be very exciting to see how they perfectly explain why Leia will be left alone for the next 10 years since we know that they're super on point when it comes to continuity, lol.
Aside from not being able to decipher that Leia is Force sensitive, the whole connection between Leia, the Inquisitors, and Kenobi in general is mind-boggling to me. You're right to suggest that they need to button this up in the next two episodes to explain how Leia is left alone, but how in the world could they even manage to do it after everything they've already established?

Reva has let Vader know that Kenobi's connection to Bail is ongoing, that Bail knows how to reach Obi-Wan, and that Obi-Wan will take whatever risk necessary to save Leia. So, it makes Vader an absolute idiot not to (rightfully) interrogate Bail between the time of this show and ANH. Bail is harboring knowledge of the whereabouts of an Imperial fugitive. If interrogation doesn't work, a Force "mind probe" of Bail would reveal Kenobi's hideout. It's so easy to connect the dots for Vader here (if he wasn't an idiot, that is).

And even outside of using legal authority, how would Leia not be used as bait to blackmail Kenobi into popping up again to save her during the course of TEN entire years!?

I doubt these writers even care enough to make a half-hearted effort to address any of this, though.
I've thought on this a bit more and it occurs to me that Anakin was probably already aware of the Obi-Wan/Bail connection, either from his time as a Jedi fighting alongside Obi-Wan in the Clone Wars or his relationship with Padme. Given that, Bail having a "break glass only in the event of emergency" communicator for contacting Obi-Wan would not be a huge surprise to him. Bail could claim that the communicator dated back to before the rise of the Empire and he reached out to Obi-Wan out of desperation, not knowing if he was even alive or where he was located. Regardless, his station as a Senator might protect him from interrogation/torture and having to explain himself. Detaining and interrogating a beloved public leader (especially in connection to the kidnapping of his daughter perpetrated by an Imperial agent) could sow the seeds of rebellion, something Palpatine & Darth would realize and want to avoid. Bail would be watched going forward, but unless Reva survives and makes a big deal about Leia resisting her mind probe there's no reason for Vader to give her a second thought. Also, employing a tactic (using Leia as bait to capture Obi-Wan) that already failed once probably isn't something Vader would be inclined to do.

Disclaimer: I'm not defending the decisions made in making this show, I'm just taking a stab at making them fit the known narrative. :lol

I've thought on this a bit more and it occurs to me that Anakin was probably already aware of the Obi-Wan/Bail connection, either from his time as a Jedi fighting alongside Obi-Wan in the Clone Wars or his relationship with Padme. Given that, Bail having a "break glass only in the event of emergency" communicator for contacting Obi-Wan would not be a huge surprise to him. Bail could claim that the communicator dated back to before the rise of the Empire and he reached out to Obi-Wan out of desperation, not knowing if he was even alive or where he was located. Regardless, his station as a Senator might protect him from interrogation/torture and having to explain himself. Detaining and interrogating a beloved public leader (especially in connection to the kidnapping of his daughter perpetrated by an Imperial agent) could sow the seeds of rebellion, something Palpatine & Darth would realize and want to avoid. Bail would be watched going forward, but unless Reva survives and makes a big deal about Leia resisting her mind probe there's no reason for Vader to give her a second thought. Also, employing a tactic (using Leia as bait to capture Obi-Wan) that already failed once probably isn't something Vader would be inclined to do.

Disclaimer: I'm not defending the decisions made in making this show, I'm just taking a stab at making them fit the known narrative. :lol
Someone refresh my memory, has the show indicated that Vader even knows that Reva was using Leia as bait for Obi-Wan? Perhaps he thinks Reva just found him on her own and as long as she DIES before the series ends then that particular thread might be closed for the Sith going forward.

Someone refresh my memory, has the show indicated that Vader even knows that Reva was using Leia as bait for Obi-Wan? Perhaps he thinks Reva just found him on her own and as long as she DIES before the series ends then that particular thread might be closed for the Sith going forward.
The Grand Inquisitor knew and chastised her for it (in front of the other Inquisitors I believe), so while we haven’t seen it happen explicitly one would think that her actions were reported to him.
Edit: But then all these Inquisitors wanted to take credit themselves, so maybe not?

Yeah she seemed pretty vague when giving Vader details on the tracker she put on L0LA. When he said are you sure her reply was just "where he goes, it will follow." No mention of Leia or her little droid.

You're asking for too much. :lol

The small handful of usual suspects in this forum tell everyone that this show is stupid, that it sucks, and how much they hate it. Yet they watch the show and return here on a daily basis, spending hours repeating the same tripe ad nauseam. :rotfl

If I thought this show sucked as much as they do and hated it as much as they do I wouldn't waste my time posting in this thread. There are several TV series and movies that I think are garbage but I don't bother to post in those threads.

To each their own I guess. :lol
Perhaps, maybe, just maybe, the people who complain the most are the ones who care the most. They actually want the best for the franchise and want to see it prosper, so each mis-step the franchise takes makes them more desperate for it to be saved. The complaints are mostly all valid (hence why they weren't addressed, instead those who complain were mocked) and said complaints will continue to grow until either quality of product improves (everyone wins! the brand, the shareholders, the fans who have standards and the fanboys with low/no standards who love everything anyway) or it gets so bad that finally folk reach breaking point and jump ship, which is hard especially for something one has grown up with since childhood, it is akin to seeing your child go from a lovely, adorable, well behaved person to a school dropout into hard drugs and turning to crime to pay for them. You do not want to just disown them and allow them to destroy themselves, you want to save them. Parents of such people seem to talk non stop about them as if all they do is complain. Because they love them.
You may think that complaining on boards like this one is stupid/futile but in fact it isn't. Beyond allowing people to vent and find comradery, companies often look to all the popular locations to see what the general sentiment is and adjust their strategies to compensate. But even if we assume they do not and and that complaining is futile well then so is praise. Would it really be better to have an echo chamber of toxic positivity where no dissent occurs? I think there is room for both praise where it is valid and criticism where it is valid.

If you and others tire of the criticism, just post more about what you truly enjoy about latest product, that will balance things nicely I think.

If your hometown was taken over by arrogant hooligans ransacking, graffitiing and harassing people you cared about, some people might get a kick out of it. It's new and exciting, right? And hey, upturn the orthodoxy!

Others (who have a soft spot for the hooligans) might tell people "you can always not watch it" happening. They might even give a masochistic smirk and add: "You know you really want to though.":wink1:

Other people would just pack their bags. If they hated what was happening as much as they do, they shouldn't waste time talking about it. I mean, there's other towns, right? You don't HAVE to live there, right?

But, fortunately.... that's not most of the people. Many are willing to say their town should to be defended against hooligans because it was important to them.

Even if there's some that will mock those people, saying they're small in number, or worse: call them neckbeards or racists or whatever because the hooligans cynically pretend they have a social agenda (even if it's really just a cash grab and the ransacked towns are interchangeable to them.)

To each their own I guess. :lol
Perhaps, maybe, just maybe, the people who complain the most are the ones who care the most. They actually want the best for the franchise and want to see it prosper, so each mis-step the franchise takes makes them more desperate for it to be saved. The complaints are mostly all valid (hence why they weren't addressed, instead those who complain were mocked) and said complaints will continue to grow until either quality of product improves (everyone wins! the brand, the shareholders, the fans who have standards and the fanboys with low/no standards who love everything anyway) or it gets so bad that finally folk reach breaking point and jump ship, which is hard especially for something one has grown up with since childhood, it is akin to seeing your child go from a lovely, adorable, well behaved person to a school dropout into hard drugs and turning to crime to pay for them. You do not want to just disown them and allow them to destroy themselves, you want to save them. Parents of such people seem to talk non stop about them as if all they do is complain. Because they love them.
You may think that complaining on boards like this one is stupid/futile but in fact it isn't. Beyond allowing people to vent and find comradery, companies often look to all the popular locations to see what the general sentiment is and adjust their strategies to compensate. But even if we assume they do not and and that complaining is futile well then so is praise. Would it really be better to have an echo chamber of toxic positivity where no dissent occurs? I think there is room for both praise where it is valid and criticism where it is valid.

If you and others tire of the criticism, just post more about what you truly enjoy about latest product, that will balance things nicely I think.

:lol :lol :rotfl :lol

Thank you both very much, I'm $20 richer now after the bet I made! :yess:

Back