**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
200w.gif

The only thing good about the episode, and the entire series so far was Vader. And by good, I mean not completely awful. Which is more than I had anticipated. James Earl Jones sounded really good as Vader again, his line delivery was great, even if it's stomach turningly surreal to have DARTH VADER interacting with these fanfiction goofballs like Reva.

I understand the hesitation and dislike of Vader being shown inflicting brutal violence on screen, I also understand how badly Disney wants to wank the fans off by having the viewer see said brutal violence, just like in RO, but I'm a bit conflicted on it. In spite of itself, in that town scene the show has depicted Vader as many of us may have imagined him (before the prequels were made) during that time, younger, aggressive and incredibly angry. More akin to the Vader that shows up in ANH, the angrier, more active villain that doesn't just stand around on a ship bridge terrifying his underlings. He's dragging and torturing people in order to get Kenobi, who he knows it there, to come out and face him.

Reva wasn't as awful in this ep, simply because she was not in it as much and didn't really have anyone to yell at. I have to say, as much as I agree Moses isn't really a good actress, my god, the asian dude that plays the other Inquisitor is truly terrible and worse by far.

The Kenobi/ Vader duel was hampered by the direction, one moment having it look quite good, the next having awkward staging and weird shots that take you out of it. Like, was the moment in the quarry where Vader shows himself to Obi-Wan exactly like in ANH supposed to be comical? Because you see Vader revealed, and then a weird beat of no reaction from Kenobi, and then he runs away.. behind some piles of sand. There were a few moments like this where I was like wtf?

And then there's the climax of the fight, with Vader inexplicably just allowing Kenobi to escape. Which tosses out all that frustrated anger shown in the previous scenes. Anakin scours the galaxy for a decade searching for Kenobi, only to have him in his grasp and then.. watch him escape? As if he couldn't use the Force to put out the fire, or you know, just WALK through it. I mean he has robot legs and arms, what's he worried about, what's the fire going to do, singe his cape?

Last edited:
She killed adult mobsters and gang members not children.

Seriously lol

And Anakin offed five-year olds!

Vader's reputation will only be enhanced by this brutality we see in "Kenobi," which was one of the few things so far that put me in mind of the Vader comics. That's what he does in those: he will snap your neck just because he SAW YOU. You dont even have to -do- anything, Vader will scrag you anyways. Its a really Vader thing to do. I expect his merch sales to go UP, people respect a good villain.

I'm just mad he didnt stroll through those flames to get Kenobi like Michael Myers slow-walking his machete to come get you. Myers does NOT GAF about any fire and neither should Vader.

My wife said I’m like Obi-Wan when he’s frustrated because I’m always complaining and then I end up being wrong like I yelled at her yesterday “don’t buy those oranges they’re going to suck!” and then they turned out great lol

younger, aggressive and incredibly angry. More akin to the Vader that shows up in ANH, the angrier, more active villain that doesn't just stand around on a ship bridge terrifying his underlings.

I like it! More ANH. More RO. More cruelty. It is how Vader was meant to be. Not what he aged into.

Somehow I doubt this show will stand alongside ANH and RO though as Vader's best.

I like it! More ANH. More RO. More cruelty. It is how Vader was meant to be. Not what he aged into.

Somehow I doubt this show will stand alongside ANH and RO though as Vader's best.
Somehow, I think you're right lol

Vader was promoted to management in ESB and by the time ROTJ came around, he was like "If I see one more ********* imperial meeting room... maybe Luke is right, this place sucks."

Ram and Love did you 2 just seriously say Vader should’ve went through the fire…..Vader!

He might live on a lava planet but he doesn’t live in the lava he tried that already lol

Episode 6 Mediation:

Reva: Lord Vader... how do you feel about Obi-Wan?

Vader: I.... hate him.

Reva: And why is that?

Vader: He betrayed me.

Obi-Wan: That is not true--

Reva: Hush! Vader is speaking. Go on, Lord...

Vader: He... He left me to burn.

Reva: Is that true, Jedi?

Obi-Wan: From a certain point of view...

And that's where it all began...

Back