**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i enjoyed it. brought a smile when i saw vader on screen but the fight felt.... odd. it didnt even feel like a fight but maybe that's the point. but leaps better than book of boba imo

Hey, does anyone know how old Obi was supposed to be (or more importantly when in the timeline it is) when he kills Maul in Rebels?

That scene was brilliantly done, but THAT Obi, was ANH Obi - not this broken Obi we are currently seeing. Because he had grey hair I'm assuming it was closer to ANH, but as someone who only casually watches anything beyond the OT, it's all becoming a jumbled mess as many things contradict others now.

As a few of you have mentioned, ANH doesn't make any sense anymore with all this endless new content.

i enjoyed it. brought a smile when i saw vader on screen but the fight felt.... odd. it didnt even feel like a fight but maybe that's the point. but leaps better than book of boba imo

If BOBF is the bar we are measuring against, God help us all!

TXpGbuKP9pNetmEVEenIzWF-Vu-bQ4QMB0l0qAELzkg.jpg

This series so far has felt really unnecessary. None of this has been engaging enough to justify the whole thing.

It was supposed to be a movie at first, I really wish they went that route and got a good, story in 2-2 1/2 hours.

Hey, does anyone know how old Obi was supposed to be (or more importantly when in the timeline it is) when he kills Maul in Rebels?

That scene was brilliantly done, but THAT Obi, was ANH Obi - not this broken Obi we are currently seeing. Because he had grey hair I'm assuming it was closer to ANH, but as someone who only casually watches anything beyond the OT, it's all becoming a jumbled mess as many things contradict others now.

As a few of you have mentioned, ANH doesn't make any sense anymore with all this endless new content.
I think Rebels starts 5 years before ANH, not sure on the timeline of him killing Maul but it's at most 5 years before, so about 5 years after this series.

Favreau's an idiot if he thinks his 'explanation' for BoBF makes any sense at all. It doesn't even deserve a rebuttal. He should go dive in his giant pool of money and just stop talking. "Edginess" --- LOLOLOLOL ...

This whole idea of "cutting the Force off" is one of Rian's many stupid ideas. Let's just "switch it on and off". Clap on, clap off.

As for Disney going there ... well I guess we knew they would.

Oh, this all sounds terrible.

I still have yet to watch this (sticking to my guns in waiting till it's over), but find it odd those defending Obi-Wans disconnect with the force. His sole reason for exiling/hiding himself on Tatooine is to watch over/ensure Luke's safety. In order to do that, one should be in the mindset of staying in top peak performance. For that eventuality where something may go down and Luke may be found. That was/is his mission. He's dedicating his life to protecting Luke. Why would he give up on the Force knowing there may come a day when he needs it to protect Luke?

That doesn't make sense. And again out of character for someone like Obi-Wan. It's not like in TCW where Ahsoka turned her back on the Jedi order and walked away. Obi-Wan is protecting Luke in hopes the Jedi Order may still prevail and be restored in the future. If Luke is indeed able to take down Vader & The Emperor.

Whatever..... :dunno

Maybe when I watch it it'll make more sense. But sounds dumb to me...
I am guessing, he is mostly disconnected with the Force in order to lay low and avoid attention. If he stayed strong in the Force like he was in the PT, he'll attract Vader and his ilk. Laying low helps him protect Luke.

I do not think he stays "weak" like this for long though. I am guessing we'll end up with the Obi Wan that is closer to the one we saw in Rebels when this show ends. He will learn to embrace the Force fully again and then Qui Gon will show himself and teach him how to be a Force Ghost too. :lol

I still have yet to watch this (sticking to my guns in waiting till it's over), but find it odd those defending Obi-Wans disconnect with the force. His sole reason for exiling/hiding himself on Tatooine is to watch over/ensure Luke's safety. In order to do that, one should be in the mindset of staying in top peak performance. For that eventuality where something may go down and Luke may be found. That was/is his mission. He's dedicating his life to protecting Luke. Why would he give up on the Force knowing there may come a day when he needs it to protect Luke?

That doesn't make sense. And again out of character for someone like Obi-Wan. It's not like in TCW where Ahsoka turned her back on the Jedi order and walked away. Obi-Wan is protecting Luke in hopes the Jedi Order may still prevail and be restored in the future. If Luke is indeed able to take down Vader & The Emperor.

Whatever..... :dunno

Maybe when I watch it it'll make more sense. But sounds dumb to me...
It seemed apparent from Episode 1's opening scene that this is the Inquisitors' first foray to Tatooine/The Outer Rim, and given how @99% of his Jedi brethren had been slaughtered I think we're to believe that Obi-Wan felt that lying low and drawing no attention to himself was the best way to "protect" Luke. So part of that would be not using the Force to intercede on behalf of others. It's not so much that he's given up on the Force or "shut himself off from it" but rather he's suppressed the urge to use it, and in the process of doing so he's lost his mastery of it/gotten rusty. Also I think his cutting himself off from practically everyone else plays into it too, as the Force is (in his future self's words) "an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together." So in effect he's unwittingly created a confluence of non-ideal Force wielding circumstances for himself lol.

Forget pushing the flames aside and walking through, I felt like he should have walked through like a horror film villain.

How they didn't make this series a cat-and-mouse horror, Michael Myers-eqsue show of Vader hunting Obi-Wan down is beyond me. Cut the protection of Leia and Luke in such a direct way and have it personal, Vader and Obi-Wan. So much they could have done with this.

This would make it a show for adults. But thats not what this is, its a show for nine year olds.

I dont know why SW fans dont deserve any content if we are over nine, but evidently we dont.

This would make it a show for adults. But thats not what this is, its a show for nine year olds.

I dont know why SW fans dont deserve any content if we are over nine, but evidently we dont.
Well, bisecting a storm trooper or snapping a kid's neck for no reason at all isn't exactly for kids though?

I think that's an issue of this show. They are trying to cater to both kids and adults. Just pick one, adults should be able to enjoy a kids show too. :lol

Wasn't it just the trooper's already dead lifeless corpse that gets bisected? That just makes it a dark sight gag. If he was alive, it's a lot worse.

Went out of their way to try making Vader menacing like in R1. Like many of these shows, they try too hard vs let it be natural. When the show is authentic it does well and when forced it’s awkward at best

As I look at all my Vader collectibles I can’t stop thinking about them showing Vader snapping a kid’s neck in full view!

Vader is a HUGE merchandising money printing machine for Disney he is the most recognizable villain in cinema history he is LOVED so for them to go out now and show him doing that really was crazy on their end!

I said last week that social media slave Disney was going to probably cut the violence out after the school shooting, I was wrong they doubled down on it! :horror

Disney showing him doing that can affect the merchandising popularity kids have freaking action figures of him.

Vader killed younglings AGAIN but this time it was shown!

He dragged a freaking female on her face in the dirt while murdering her family and left her alive to see his work these are not armed rebel soldiers from RO!!!

I’m still in shock lol

Last edited:
Vader killed younglings AGAIN but this time it was shown!

He dragged a freaking female on her face in the dirt while murdering her family and left her alive to see his work these are not armed rebel soldiers from RO!!!

This sounds promising.

Does JEJ sound even older than he did in RO?

I like it that Vader recognized that ObiWan was beat down and didn’t want to finish the job there he wants to fight Obi-Wan at his prime to prove a point that he is superior to the entire Jedi order.

How that leads to a new hope I don’t know lol

Back