BATMAN Film Universe, Post-Nolan Reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How? I see a reboot as wiping out one continuity to start fresh. Keeping Blake as Batman would connect the new series to this last series. Having Bruce as Batman again with a new cast and no connection to the previous films (apart from his origin which apart from the LoS bit is from comics and does not need to be told on film again) would be a reboot.

I 100% agree it needs an all new cast. Imagine BB if Michael Gough were Alfred. It wouldn't have felt like an all new continuity.

That brings up an interesting point: Who would you folks like to see as the new Alfred Pennyworth? I'm thinking John Hurt.

That brings up an interesting point: Who would you folks like to see as the new Alfred Pennyworth? I'm thinking John Hurt.

Anthony Hopkins? Patrick Stewart? Alan Rickman? Terence Stamp? Jeremy Irons?

I wouldn't mind seeing them go a little less stereotypical butler, and a little more Alfred-the-badass in the next version. My understanding is the new Earth One Alfred is ex-SIS.

SnakeDoc

Anthony Hopkins? Patrick Stewart? Alan Rickman? Terence Stamp? Jeremy Irons?

I wouldn't mind seeing them go a little less stereotypical butler, and a little more Alfred-the-badass in the next version. My understanding is the new Earth One Alfred is ex-SIS.

SnakeDoc

In that case, Sean Connery. :lecture

If they go back into present day Gotham, Bryan Cranston should be the new Gordon. :lecture

This. Have Jon Hamm play Harvey Dent and John Hurt as Alfred and we're already be on the way to having an amazing cast. This just leaves Wayne...

I know it probably wouldn't get a lot of support, but with the way Nolan ended his trilogy it would be a perfect time to adapt year 100, even if it's just animated.

So rumours that the reboot will be called The Batman, will arrive post JLA film, and will NOT be an origin tale but rather, will be focused on Batman in his 2nd year.

Also rumours that Darren Arronofsky might be directing thought I highly doubt that given what his vision was for the character back before BB was given the green light.

Back