BATMAN Film Universe, Post-Nolan Reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, don't think they can do another origin with the fact they want to get the jla film out in the not too distant future.

So rumours that the reboot will be called The Batman, will arrive post JLA film, and will NOT be an origin tale but rather, will be focused on Batman in his 2nd year.

Also rumours that Darren Arronofsky might be directing thought I highly doubt that given what his vision was for the character back before BB was given the green light.

I don't 100% trust that source. I heard last week a couple little tidbits and they don't match up completely.

But we should know the direction they are going before next Friday. I was told an announcement would be made before then.

Yeah, don't think they can do another origin with the fact they want to get the jla film out in the not too distant future.

I don't 100% trust that source. I heard last week a couple little tidbits and they don't match up completely.

But we should know the direction they are going before next Friday. I was told an announcement would be made before then.

As long as
1. Not an origin tale
2. Takes a more fantastical approach
3. Not Michael Bay directed and no Shia le idiot as Bruce Wayne

:lol

No Grant Morrison, Judas Priest he's one of the most overrated writers in the business. He is good but people act like everything he writes is friggin' scripture.

Batman's suit can work, I agree with the statements that they should look at Arkham Asylum/City for that, but the color scheme would have to be darker more muted.

Nolan's lead should be taken, he put Batman in a real city without huge sculptures holding up buildings and so many neon lights that the majority of the citizen have cancer but he should be learned from. Literally Batman wasn't really hiding, he should be a myth so the people of Gotham don't look like they have IQs under 80 so he shouldn't be seen by too many, no fights in the center of town with Commissioner Gordon being one of the few.

For the love of God he should be a detective, we saw a little of that in TDK, and he should put being Batman above EVERYTHING ELSE, no Rachel bull____, no lamenting on chairs, none of that crap. Batman isn't the place to try and get the lady fans, leave that to heroes who have significant others, just get to the hardcore heroism.

Any origin tales should be told in flashbacks or in the credits ala The Incredible Hulk but that should be the rule for all comci films that are rebooted from this point on.

Since DC is good at making animated direct-to-DVD/BluRay movies, why not make a 3D-animated Batman for cinema viewing, so we still get Kevin Conroy? :clap

I never want to see another origin story again. Hell, even the comics would do well to adopt Nolan's origin, as, honestly, I believe it to be one of the rare cases where it actually surpasses the comics in quality. It retains all of the core elements, yet it fleshes them out more, and that's what I love about it.

So rumours that the reboot will be called The Batman, will arrive post JLA film, and will NOT be an origin tale but rather, will be focused on Batman in his 2nd year.

Also rumours that Darren Arronofsky might be directing thought I highly doubt that given what his vision was for the character back before BB was given the green light.

Would they be naive enough to believe they can float a JLA on the level of Avengers with only MoS building up to it? If that part of the rumor's true, man, we're never gonna see a badass DCU, let alone a decent one on the big screen. :monkey1

From what I've heard of half truths they don't want to only establish with MoS. Using Nolan and MoS as the template they plan on a realistic take on the JLA. They are going to let the Avengers be the comic universe and have DC be a more relatable universe. Well see though.

MoS tying into a broader grander DC Film Universe is an AFTER THOUGHT. Both Nolan and Snyder both for months were saying "It won't" or "It's not". Once Avengers hit, they suddenly said maybe and then even possibly but not a definitive yes yet. Which means it's still under the microscope of how to take a film that was created to be standalone and make it a groundstarter.

To me that either means a lame rewrite and throwing into the film that doesn't belong and won't make sense or what is most likely an after the credits scene like Iron Man.

Warner Bros would be braindead to say "One After the Credits scene will do it, let's do JLA!" Even if all 6 other members were suddenly sitting in the Fortress it'd still seem forced.

As for being more relatable, when you look at the members of the JLA, there is no way it's going to be more relatable, if anything it'll be Gods done more dark and gritty but nothing more.

This film needs to worry about establishing a new Batman first and foremost, especially since Nolan fanboys will hate it before it's even on the screen and need to be convinced, especially when some are saying that Nolan walking away means the end of good comic book films on their public manifestos of blogs or articles.

DC cannot afford to do an Iron Man 2 where it's basically a commercial for the Justice League, they need to make sure that it's something straight introducing their new Batman, which means if they want any kind good base, they'll need more films in between

MoS tying into a broader grander DC Film Universe is an AFTER THOUGHT. Both Nolan and Snyder both for months were saying "It won't" or "It's not". Once Avengers hit, they suddenly said maybe and then even possibly but not a definitive yes yet. Which means it's still under the microscope of how to take a film that was created to be standalone and make it a groundstarter.

To me that either means a lame rewrite and throwing into the film that doesn't belong and won't make sense or what is most likely an after the credits scene like Iron Man.

Warner Bros would be braindead to say "One After the Credits scene will do it, let's do JLA!" Even if all 6 other members were suddenly sitting in the Fortress it'd still seem forced.

As for being more relatable, when you look at the members of the JLA, there is no way it's going to be more relatable, if anything it'll be Gods done more dark and gritty but nothing more.

This film needs to worry about establishing a new Batman first and foremost, especially since Nolan fanboys will hate it before it's even on the screen and need to be convinced, especially when some are saying that Nolan walking away means the end of good comic book films on their public manifestos of blogs or articles.

DC cannot afford to do an Iron Man 2 where it's basically a commercial for the Justice League, they need to make sure that it's something straight introducing their new Batman, which means if they want any kind good base, they'll need more films in between

I agree but I think they are smart to try and create some sort of brand with their heroes like Marvel did. If its gritty and slightly more realistic I'm cool with that.

That's why I hope the actually tie in the Nolan continuity with JGL. But I know that's just wishful thinking.

Easiest way over that hurdle is building the reboot around TDKR's ending and having JGL starring as the new Batman in the rebuilt Gotham. New Batman, new Gotham, new set of rules. It'll be hard to swallow for the hardcore comic fans, but you have the built-in audience already on board to see the continuation of Nolan's films.

The way I see it, it's the same as the whole "Watchmen/Before Watchmen" scenario, in that, at the end of the day, regardless of whether or not what comes after is good or not, we'll still have THAT story, and it won't be tarnished. That's why I can't stand the closed mindedness of some of the aforementioned fanboys.

Nolan's Batman will always have a special place in my heart, but I love Batman as a character, and I'll accept any interpretation from Adam West to Christian Bale and beyond. Hell, I even appreciate Schumacher's films because I believe that their failure kind of allowed Warner Bros. to start thinking about what they had to do differently.

If I were WB, I'd be on the hunt for a new director, and a new Batman, as we speak. I'd issue a press release announcing it, and I'd have an after credits scene in which Clark is interviewing Bruce Wayne for the Planet, Bruce asks Clark to speak "off the record", and he reveals that he's deduced his identity and what his plans are.

We need to see a more mystery based BATMAN film, where BATMAN can really show the detective skill that he's got. After all he is named for "THE WORLD'S GREATEST DETECTIVE" and I want to see that side of him in the live action Bat-movies.

We need to see a more mystery based BATMAN film, where BATMAN can really show the detective skill that he's got. After all he is named for "THE WORLD'S GREATEST DETECTIVE" and I want to see that side of him in the live action Bat-movies.

JGL. Rian Johnson. Riddler.

David Fincher; Seven with Batman. I don't want to see anything with JGL, unless Nolan does it, and I doubt that will happen. The way I see it, the ending of TDKR was done in the same vain as the ending to Batman Begins. The Joker card at the end of Begins was supposed to give people an idea of where the story is going. Nolan didn't know whether or not Begins would get a sequel, so he allowed the ending to either lead into the sequel, or let the audience's imagination fill in the blanks.

That concept, to me, was present in TDKR. John Blake's story can be left to the audience's imagination, but, if Nolan, for whatever reason, changed his mind about returning to Batman, he could then conclude it.

David Fincher; Seven with Batman. I don't want to see anything with JGL, unless Nolan does it, and I doubt that will happen. The way I see it, the ending of TDKR was done in the same vain as the ending to Batman Begins. The Joker card at the end of Begins was supposed to give people an idea of where the story is going. Nolan didn't know whether or not Begins would get a sequel, so he allowed the ending to either lead into the sequel, or let the audience's imagination fill in the blanks.

That concept, to me, was present in TDKR. John Blake's story can be left to the audience's imagination, but, if Nolan, for whatever reason, changed his mind about returning to Batman, he could then conclude it.

But what if he produced over a young director like Johnson?

:lecture Indeed. :goodpost:

418945_431271546915564_690635098_n.jpg

But what if he produced over a young director like Johnson?

If it had Nolan's okay, and he shepherded the project, I could dig it, but otherwise, I'd prefer that they left it alone. My preference would be that, if Nolan weren't involved, they take it in another direction, but, if for whatever reason, they did try to pick up where JGL's story left off, I guess I'd keep an open mind and hope for the best.

Theres Multiple ways Warners can swing this new batmanm, IMO The Dark Knight Trilogy will always be my trilogy, and my batman story, for now. it ended so well that it should just be the end. Leave it alone, im not counting out a continuation with JGL or a spinoff of some kind but most likely it will fall short and not live up to the hype.

Best bet is to do a full reboot, make it more dark, but a comic book dark, Some of the new batman stories have been very well done, keeping with the fantastical world but it being very gritty, The Arkham games And Batman Court of the owls are perfect examples.

Now if your going to go through with JLA movie, and you have the gonads have Batman first appear in the JLA movie, Have him be the first thing you see like in the new JLA #1 comic. People are talking about them riding off the Avengers, then do somthing different and just jump right in! Were getting to a point in these superhero movies were fans already know the mythos, there everywhere now and you dont need an entire movie to tell an origin story. A solid director is key, and a strong story is the most important part! Warners can get some of DC's writers to do a couple drafts, have them collaborate with some of the new WB writers and deliver somthing where every hero has its day. I would have Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, Lantern and Flash as the main cast, just 5 all stars.

It can be done, but it will take time, dedication and ALOT of money.

Back