Bad Film that could be great if remade?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batman V. Superman is a good one. Wouldn't take much to improve on that substantially. First change would be to change the title of the film, and approach, to make it a team up movie. World's Finest or some such.

I always thought Swamp Thing would be a no-brainer for a remake. Yes, it has cheesy cult status, but that film was made for less than my college education.

This is one of the best suggestions on this thread so far....

I would add...

Night of the Comet.

Flash Gordon(keeping the Queen anthem of course)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congo (or King Solomon's Mines). They're related -- similar story about a rescue expedition into the African Congo, in search of Solomon's diamond mines. Crichton adds a technological twist -- as he always did -- and some cool vicious gorillas. Congo was a great book, but a mediocre movie, at best. King Solomon's Mines from 1959 was good for the time, but is very dated. Both could be done a LOT better these days.

World War Z. Not a terrible movie ... but not even close to as good as the book. Could've been done a lot better.

GI Joe. Should've been more like The A-Team.

Hopefully Tomb Raider. They're giving it another go.

Doc Savage. Holy crap was that a bad movie. Cool character, though.

A Batman movie with The Riddler. Or the Penguin. Or Mr. Freeze. Or Robin. Or, good grief, Batgirl.

SnakeDoc

Resident evil (of course) spiderman 3, xmen first class, and of course tmnt 1990 with updated visuals and set in modern times.

Well Tomb Raider looks awful already and we are getting Venom....so probably Spider-Man VS Venom coming....

Hopefully we get Spider-Man VS King Kong one day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought The Phantom was lousy when you compare it to the Scandinavian comics :

-The Golden runes story (wouldve been cool to see adapted , its a bit spooky)

-Eden (story about a caveboy coming to Bengali and his fight with nazis there , even to this day the end of the story shocked me)

-various stories about The Phantom in middle ages , dressed as a knight etc

Seems Oz printed the Golden runes story in English , color me surprised :

https://cloud.collectorz.com/dalerankine/comics/detail/7139115

I've always enjoyed The Phantom. Sure, it's campy as hell but a fun adventurous romp.

"Silence! You have no bargaining power with me, Mr New York City. I could kill you and feed your pink ass to the sharks!" :rotfl

The Shadow is along the same lines, but needed way more full Shadow costume shots. What there was was beautiful.

the-shadow-1994.png

Only if it was made into actual "Thor: Ragnarok" with drama, epicness and without any trace of the raped "Planet Hulk" story.
Otherwise it could've been a decent action comedy if done right, yes. Not great tho.

Doc Savage was campy fun but yes a bad film- the animated green snakes made it a Looney tunes type thing.
Arnold WAS going to be Doc a few years ago- well that never got off the ground.
Doc was Indy Jones before anyone dreamed that up

Hopefully Tomb Raider. They're giving it another go.

Well Tomb Raider looks awful already

Tomb Raider remake will probably bomb because so far it essentially looks like the movie version of the reboot game. And straight games to screen never really works that well... The biggest reason why I'm not interested in an Uncharted or The Last of Us movie.

Back