1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies if this has been posted before, but I just got this figure for Christmas and about a week ago I decided to go ahead and order a custom shield for him on eBay. So glad I did! I’m very, very pleased with the result. The craftsmanship of the shield is excellent. It’s metal. The paint job is great. Maybe it’s just a coincidence but the color match with this figure is damn near perfect. IIRC, Cap doesn’t get his original shield back in IW. But in my own head canon I like to think of this as Cap some time between IW and Endgame.

For anyone interested, got it here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1PC-BY-ART...-/154198578756?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292. It’s BY-S5.

Attachments

• EC48E27F-67CC-4731-BD5D-5A815F091F25.jpg
    EC48E27F-67CC-4731-BD5D-5A815F091F25.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 358
Apologies if this has been posted before, but I just got this figure for Christmas and about a week ago I decided to go ahead and order a custom shield for him on eBay. So glad I did! I?m very, very pleased with the result. The craftsmanship of the shield is excellent. It?s metal. The paint job is great. Maybe it?s just a coincidence but the color match with this figure is damn near perfect. IIRC, Cap doesn?t get his original shield back in IW. But in my own head canon I like to think of this as Cap some time between IW and Endgame.

For anyone interested, got it here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1PC-BY-ART...-/154198578756?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292. It?s BY-S5.
Def cool looking with this shield. It's a great figure on its own. Any additions are just a bonus.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I have been working on a custom for a while but I can't solve the neck issue. Alatar great pic I want that shield I need to get one those. If someone could figure out what neck extensions are being used in the first pic let me know, it was posted a few pages back.

View attachment 504289

Attachments

• 6B382C47-36A9-4828-9999-D283D5E25B2E.jpg
    6B382C47-36A9-4828-9999-D283D5E25B2E.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 323
  • 20210122_064523.jpg
    20210122_064523.jpg
    868.8 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
It’s been a while since I watched Endgame... to digress, I’m waiting to rewatch on 4K blu ray, which I now have, when I get the time to watch IW and Endgame back to back...

In any event, when Cap reappears in Endgame for the final battle. What shape is his shield in? Is it fully restored? Because I’m so impressed with the custom shield I got that I’ll get get a more movie accurate one to the notion that there’s a time period where Cap has his shield back but before the final battle in EG. (In which he’s donned the CW uniform, no?) There are other versions of the custom shield including one that’s pristine. It’s BY-S4.

Edit: Never mind. Looks like Cap does get the fully restored shield before the final battle in Endgame. Although he’s clean shaven by then. But anyway...

Attachments

• B2DA7B31-951C-447B-8B7E-F0777D8081DE.jpeg
    B2DA7B31-951C-447B-8B7E-F0777D8081DE.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 249
Should I pick up a custom Mjolnir? I’m seeing several on eBay. Doesn’t have to be a Hot Toys accessory as long as it looks convincing. Any recommendations?

Nice customs in here...look real good. Still like it just as it is.

Having another look at him since the Endgame version has been released...

IW-CAP-018.jpg

IW-CAP-019.jpg

Still one of my favorites.

I ain’t gonna lie that the Endgame clean shaven head sculpt would be awesome to have. But this figure with custom shield (I’ll go ahead and get a custom Mjolnir for him too, what the heck) already has tremendous shelf presence. And I’ve got to draw the line somewhere with this hobby. I’m very happy to have this guy representing Cap on my shelf.

Is there a mod to build up his traps and legs a little more? The only complaint I have is that he almost looks a bit skinny. Then again, maybe it’s movie accurate... I honestly can’t remember now. I mean he’s swole af in the first film after getting the super soldier serum, and he doesn’t really have that build for this figure.

I suppose one could use a Phycen body. But then would the suit be too tight? Anyone every tried modding him to beef him up a bit?

Anyone one here boughten this custom head sculpt for IW movie promo? https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Chris-...-/163997451342?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

If so, how’d it work out? Or would you recommend a better clean shaven custom head sculpt for cap out there?

Also considering this helmeted head sculpt for him: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Captai...-/272266324095?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292. Anyone have this one? Are you happy with it? I see from a few pages back that a helmeted head sculpt like this can be repainted. I’d consider having a go at that repaint myself.

Anyone one here boughten this custom head sculpt for IW movie promo? https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Chris-...-/163997451342?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

If so, how’d it work out? Or would you recommend a better clean shaven custom head sculpt for cap out there?

Also considering this helmeted head sculpt for him: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Captai...-/272266324095?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292. Anyone have this one? Are you happy with it? I see from a few pages back that a helmeted head sculpt like this can be repainted. I’d consider having a go at that repaint myself.

I am selling TWS helmeted and unhelmeted headsculpts if you’re looking for the real thing.

If so, how?d it work out? Or would you recommend a better clean shaven custom head sculpt for cap out there?

Also considering this helmeted head sculpt for him: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Captai...-/272266324095?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292. Anyone have this one? Are you happy with it? I see from a few pages back that a helmeted head sculpt like this can be repainted. I?d consider having a go at that repaint myself.

In my humble opinion the unhelmeted sculpt looks good and but the one with the helmet looks odd. That said I have never bought any head sculpts of of eBay so I don?t know what the normal expectations are. So I think the sculpt without the helmet is worth considering but the one without the helmet I would run away from.

In my humble opinion the unhelmeted sculpt looks good and but the one with the helmet looks odd. That said I have never bought any head sculpts of of eBay so I don?t know what the normal expectations are. So I think the sculpt without the helmet is worth considering but the one without the helmet I would run away from.

I just watched Jedha Patrol’s YT review of Endgame Cap. Damn it’s just gorgeous. Although i do love IW movie promo Cap, I really want EG Cap as well. It’s not in the budget, though. ****.

I still think this is a hugely underrated figure. Obviously the likeness isn't 100%, but it still captures his IW look pretty well and is just a very badass look for Cap. Here's mine after a few minor mods like lightening the hair, making the star darker and adding some extra weathering.

20210206_105236 (2).jpg

20210206_110149 (2).jpg

20210206_105430 (2).jpg

20210206_105659 (2).jpg

Welcome! And yes, it is.

As I wait for the Endgame Cap to arrive later this week, I'm taking another look at the IW version...

THE WOLF AND THE NOMAD.jpg

Love this figure displayed with the White Wolf. Now who to display the EG version with....

I picked this figure up because of all the EG mods other collectors posted, and here's my attempt at it. I'm not completely happy with the pose, and I think I need to pick up a star to break up the blue on the chest. But overall, I like the wear and tear on the IW suit and how it goes with the broken shield.

Here he's posed with my Iron Man and Thor figures to form the Avengers trinity, and I think they look pretty good together. I was planning to add the BD Mark 85 for an EG lineup, but the Mark III fits in much better than I expected. I've gone through a few different versions of this lineup (swapping in different versions of Cap), and I keep going back and forth between this IW mod and TFA Cap. Admittedly, this version does fit in better than the WW2 TFA look. I also had Stealth Cap here, which had the benefit of one costume from each MCU phase.

ht avengers trinity.jpg

ht avengers trinity2.jpg

I picked this figure up because of all the EG mods other collectors posted, and here's my attempt at it. I'm not completely happy with the pose, and I think I need to pick up a star to break up the blue on the chest. But overall, I like the wear and tear on the IW suit and how it goes with the broken shield.

Here he's posed with my Iron Man and Thor figures to form the Avengers trinity, and I think they look pretty good together. I was planning to add the BD Mark 85 for an EG lineup, but the Mark III fits in much better than I expected. I've gone through a few different versions of this lineup (swapping in different versions of Cap), and I keep going back and forth between this IW mod and TFA Cap. Admittedly, this version does fit in better than the WW2 TFA look. I also had Stealth Cap here, which had the benefit of one costume from each MCU phase.

View attachment 540448

View attachment 540449

Your Cap mod looks great!

Back