Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cap's performance isn't the best litmus test. According to the first Avengers film any non-enhanced human with a gun is apparently a greater threat to Cap than Ultron. He sucked in Avengers. Either Coulson's costume was too tight on him or he was still suffering from Hibernation Sickness.

Chitauri gave him more trouble. :lol

I think for this movie, Age of Ultron refers to earth after he's done with it, but he never gets the chance.

As for the time period, it's not even a whole week, let alone a month or multiple months.

Growing weary of the 'Week of Ultron"-type jokes ... don't get why more people don't interpret it as you do ha

Well it seems some had expectations from the comics under the title, or they just figured it implied the world we'd be in throughout the film was the Age of Ultron. I had no concept of what the title meant going into the movie and that's what I came away with.

Maybe it was influence by Transformers 4, Age of Extinction was in reference to what's to come.

Had this movie come out 10 or 15 years ago people would have gone nuts over finally getting an amazing super hero film with modern special effects. Now, it's just a pile of garbage in a long list of other garbage. Oh the fickle fans.....

So wait, one has to like everything related to the subject to be considered a fan of that subject?

A major theme of the movie was extinction level events that usher in new ages of the Earth. Title meaning was indeed pretty obvious.

I thought so. :huh

So wait, one has to like everything related to the subject to be considered a fan of that subject?

I don't see where anyone is saying that.

Had this movie come out 10 or 15 years ago people would have gone nuts over finally getting an amazing super hero film with modern special effects. Now, it's just a pile of garbage in a long list of other garbage. Oh the fickle fans.....

I chuckled at "amazing" :lol

I chuckled at "amazing" :lol

Had it been 15 years ago and the first super hero movie of the modern Era then I believe folks would have gone bonkers over it. It wasn't "cool" to hate everything back then. I'm not saying the film doesn't have flaws, but people are over the top hateful towards almost everything today. Some is deserving and a lot isn't. While this film has flaws I don't see it as a steaming pile of cap worthy of being compared to Waterworld or Battlefield Earth.

I don't do or say anything to be 'cool'

I didn't hate AOU. It just wasn't anything special. The hero/villain power levels are to all over the place to enjoy it fully. IMHO.

And 15 years ago? I like Blade and X-Men over AOU.

Blade was cool. X-Men was too far off the comics for me to like it a lot. It was OK IMO. I don't LOVE AOU either. My point is that it's not a steaming pile of trash as many seem to call it. It's not Battlefield Earth......I'm not claiming it's The Godfather either.

And my hating to be cool wasn't directed at you. There are many people who do nothing, but hate on nearly everything and post endless GIFS and one liners just so they can get LOLZ. It's a tired and boring act.

Steaming pile? Oh. It's a 7. Average film. Like most of Marvel Studios offerings.

Battlefield Earth? Cave men flying 1000 year old Harrier jets in formation? Whats not to like. Terrible movie BUT very fun to watch because of it.

I fell asleep twice during Battlefield Earth.....then just turned it off after I woke up the second time. One of the worst films I've ever seen.

I agree that many Marvel films have been average, but fun, with Avengers, Ironman, Thor and Winter Soldier being a cut Above the others IMO.

Back