1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was my first Cap ever and I am utterly disappointed. The head sculpt paint lacks the detail and accuracy of the Tony Stark sculpt. I also expected this to be one of the most posable figures but the suit is surprisingly restrictive. Going to sell it faster than it came.

This was my first Cap ever and I am utterly disappointed. The head sculpt paint lacks the detail and accuracy of the Tony Stark sculpt. I also expected this to be one of the most posable figures but the suit is surprisingly restrictive. Going to sell it faster than it came.

Some people like this one, but the sculpt/production was pretty divisive. Sadly my least favorite Cap; I wouldn't have bothered except 1) needed to pair with Bucky and WS and 2) it is a unique look for Cap. IMO was never HT at it's best. This is one I keep to the back of the cabinet.

See if u can pick up a CW or battle-damaged CW Cap.

Easily one of the best Caps they've made. Perfect proportions, amazing suit, and decent enough sculpt. Proper fig in every sense of the word.
70369594_821030831699252_7689759608170435240_n.jpg

And outside of its new sculpt, looks much better overall than the most recent version of the EG Cap we have seen. The fig is definitely a win.

Some people like this one, but the sculpt/production was pretty divisive. Sadly my least favorite Cap; I wouldn't have bothered except 1) needed to pair with Bucky and WS and 2) it is a unique look for Cap. IMO was never HT at it's best. This is one I keep to the back of the cabinet.

See if u can pick up a CW or battle-damaged CW Cap.

I have the new Cap preordered and am selling this one. Hopefully, that's the definitive Cap otherwise I'll try CW. Will go well with my MK46. Yes, the unique look drew me to it. Unfortunately, there's a big difference between the final product and the promo sculpt.

That's a good pic Jmann. Yes, the proportions are good.

Based on prototype photos, the EG version looks to basically be the CW version with simply a separate coarse rubber chest plate and a different material suit. Looks to have the same body and essentially the same helmeted sculpt. Between the two based on what I’ve seen thus far, I’d probably go for the CW version.

If I already had the IW version though, I’d probably keep that. Good suit and an excellent body imo, with a decent enough sculpt.

In a perfect world and barring all three figures were excellent figures, my three ideal Caps would be TFA, TWS SS, and IW.

I expect the EG Cap will be equally restrictive because its basically the same suit/materials as this one.

After CW, this is my next favorite Cap. I love the physique, hes very imposing and statuesque. For a regular human being character, the figure is massive. Articulation doesn't bother me too much, just have to work with it a little. The only thing i don't like is the zigzag pattern on the back of head where the hair connects. They could have blended that in better.

Based on prototype photos, the EG version looks to basically be the CW version with simply a separate coarse rubber chest plate and a different material suit. Looks to have the same body and essentially the same helmeted sculpt. Between the two based on what I?ve seen thus far, I?d probably go for the CW version.

If I already had the IW version though, I?d probably keep that. Good suit and an excellent body imo, with a decent enough sculpt.

In a perfect world and barring all three figures were excellent figures, my three ideal Caps would be TFA, TWS SS, and IW.

For me the "EG version" will be the "Avengers EG version" and my battle damaged CW Cap (bought loose) can stand in re EG modern. Too many dollars IMO for that chest plate for the "true" EG version. IMO re physique I've got the Concept Cap - and well, the IW, but was never a figure I was thrilled with, esp. compared to the outstanding Bucky (or Shuri or even BW).

But not to re-hash - different strokes! TBH the Cap that pops the most on the shelf is Ultron Cap which seems to scream "classic comics", TFA, and Golden Age - kind've retro. I like all my Caps - well, except for the IW, but for Cap's MCU arc he's needed.

Yes, the unique look drew me to it. Unfortunately, there's a big difference between the final product and the promo sculpt.

Well, yeah. For me this was gonna be THE Cap, kinda, as I was into the defiant Cap going fugitive and the Wakanda battle. But the fig I pictured in my head didn't match HT's production. Hoping the EG Avengers Cap is on level with CW :dunno

Between his two retro looks (TFA and GA), I prefer TFA. So TFA would cover his retro look for me.

Out of all his modern day outfits, particularly while wearing the helmet, I like the SS. I think it’s the most realistic and practical looking, so this outfit to me would represent his main modern look.

Then I’d go with IW because that outfit pretty much covers the AoU, CW and EG styles all in one, while at the same time being its own unique look.

Between his two retro looks (TFA and GA), I prefer TFA. So TFA would cover his retro look for me.

Out of all his modern day outfits, particularly while wearing the helmet, I like the SS. I think it?s the most realistic and practical looking, so this outfit to me would represent his main modern look.

Then I?d go with IW because that outfit pretty much covers the AoU, CW and EG styles all in one, while at the same time being its own unique look.

I HAD to have the Golden Age - which I like even with some nits - having to have the main cast from TWS, which for me (along with CW) are my fav MCU films. Just patting myself on the back as I look the collection over - 1) I wouldn't want to start from scratch again:horror and 2) even occasionally paying some marked up prices starting late:crying - IMO the 10-year MCU put out some excellent figs. Like the TWS Falcon - a fig I like a lot, even if the wings don't have the articulation I would have liked. Great costume. Rescue Cap is another fig I really like - paid aftermarket for him NIB and worth it.

Suppose I think (so far) the ultimate Cap is either EG Avengers or CW, if I were only gonna have one Cap to represent. Happy am in a position (so far) of not having to make that choice.:horror

Based on prototype photos, the EG version looks to basically be the CW version with simply a separate coarse rubber chest plate and a different material suit. Looks to have the same body and essentially the same helmeted sculpt. Between the two based on what I?ve seen thus far, I?d probably go for the CW version.

If I already had the IW version though, I?d probably keep that. Good suit and an excellent body imo, with a decent enough sculpt.

I bought IW Cap primarily for this lineup (and to potentially customize a BD EG version). For me, the three outfits really capture Cap's progression from soldier/war hero (a case could be made for Rescue Cap in place of TFA) to disillusioned (former) government agent. But I'm not a big fan of the IW/EG suit (outside of it being Cap's final hurrah), so I think I'll be scaling back to just TFA and Stealth Cap. I can see the appeal of the CW/IW/EG suit as a modern take on the classic Cap outfit, but it never resonated with me the same way that the other two suits did. On the upside, Stealth Cap serves as a decent bookend to that arc, both thematically and chronologically (it's technically in EG!).

That’s mostly why I‘d add IW to the mix, because the AoU/CW/IW/EG style is sort of a modern take on the classic outfit and of those, IW still retains a design that’s unique in and of itself while still capturing those suit styles. I prefer the slightly more muted colors of the latter three though compared to the AoU suit, but for a modern day Cap suit overall, SS is the winner because I think it’s the most practical and realistic looking being that he doesn’t look like a large easy target with his spangly suit design.

That’s a good point you make about Rescue Cap as well. I have that figure and I actually would probably keep that, so I’ll alter my list to make it four caps to include that one.

How are people modding this figure to expose the scales under the shirt up top? I know there is robably a thread somewhere or mention of it, can someone link me please? I tried the search bar but for some reason the search doesn't work....very odd.

I think most people are posting their modded IW Caps to be an EG Cap in the EG Cap thread. You might find answers there if you go back through some of the pages in that thread.

Back