1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still tinkering with my Endgame Cap. I've made a handful of mods here. Replaceing his tiny head with a custom repainted Civil War head. Then bulking out his traps, and adding padding to his crotch and groin to fix that overly skinny flat look. They're all pretty subtle, but added together fix some of my small criticisms of this figure.

DSCF5024.jpg

Here's a look at some of the padding I added. A bit was added under the traps as well to beef them up.

DSCF5020.jpg

Still tinkering with my Endgame Cap. I've made a handful of mods here. Replaceing his tiny head with a custom repainted Civil War head. Then bulking out his traps, and adding padding to his crotch and groin to fix that overly skinny flat look. They're all pretty subtle, but added together fix some of my small criticisms of this figure.

View attachment 640027

Here's a look at some of the padding I added. A bit was added under the traps as well to beef them up.
Good work right there, especially on that beanie-headed dome that HT went with - still don't know how they could craft 3 million Cap figures, yet miss that one detail that was already well established.

Personally, I've been currently repainting the 10th Anniversary Concept head as it's the only other one I have with more than 1 faceplate.

View attachment 640027

View attachment 640028
Seeing that side by side pick really shows off the improvements that you made.

The biggest gripe that I have is with the smaller size of the stock head sculpt.

Those mods look great! It's really frustrating because I much prefer the Endgame helmet sculpt as it's based on the new non-helmet head which is so much better than previous ones, but on that oversized body (why do they keep scaling figures up so they're no longer 1/6 scale?) it just looks like a pea.
I wish someone would 3D print a slightly larger version! (I'm considering trying to downsize my figure until it matches the head. (narrower shoulders, shorter legs, thinner waist etc... but this will mean trying to cut down the chest plate too and that won't be easy lol)

View attachment 640027

View attachment 640028

Nice work! :clap

I showed your first photo to a friend of mine who isn’t a collector and this was their response:

Zwyrg5t.jpg

:rotfl

View attachment 640027

View attachment 640028

Changes look great Rory, brilliant work.

Been on the lookout for a while for a Civil War headsculpt to swap the stock pin head. My Cap is on a MOS body so the smaller head is even more of an eyesore haha.

Changes look great Rory, brilliant work.

Been on the lookout for a while for a Civil War headsculpt to swap the stock pin head. My Cap is on a MOS body so the smaller head is even more of an eyesore haha.
Yeah Rory does incredible mods, his work has inspired me to take on a couple of projects I would have otherwise not attempted.

Here is my Endgame Cap that I modified with some padding in his traps and shoulders and swapped out the head with a Civil War head I repainted. I brought him up from storage in the basement bk I was planning on reducing the sort of “beef mod” I did on his shoulders …but in the end I decided to keep him as is …

Attachments

• E5441413-9871-4D34-A1CF-0E31A3BD1094.jpeg
    E5441413-9871-4D34-A1CF-0E31A3BD1094.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I know I might get flamed for not looking through 205 pages but with the unmasked head sculpt I wanted to make a civilian clothes Steve Rogers, preferably the jeans with gray shirt, sleeves rolled up look. Has anyone done a custom like that or know the best place to get the items to make it? Body size, shoes, jeans, shirt, etc.

plain clothes.png

I know I might get flamed for not looking through 205 pages but with the unmasked head sculpt I wanted to make a civilian clothes Steve Rogers, preferably the jeans with gray shirt, sleeves rolled up look. Has anyone done a custom like that or know the best place to get the items to make it? Body size, shoes, jeans, shirt, etc.

View attachment 692702
I don't know if anyone has done it but I was amazed at the variety of 1/6 clothes available dirt cheap on eBay when I did my own Sam Winchester. I'd start searching there for 1/6 clothes and see what you come up with. The jeans will be easy for sure...

Back