Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
Well they are marked on the map - they're like diamond icons. I'm just not sure how I unlocked them like that.

Apparently they show up once you've collected 50 of them...

You mean the treasure chests?They are marked with Diamond icons on the map,so those are not the ones im talking about.

Completed it earlier this evening. The face's dont look at all like they should!

Few things i dislike such as i never EVER got to ride a horse (wtf?!) or a boat i got to control myself!

The game feels so incomplete and short.

However there is so very cool moments that come later on. But as its a new game i wont go into it.

The controllable boats are there, there's a few around the "Golden Horn" harbor. One is located to the north side of Topkapi (sp?) Palace.

I don't mind riding a horse or using a boat, the layout of the city just made it not feasible. Rome was much more "open" so it worked out.

The data shard things are on the map, they look like little rock icons or something. But you only need 30 of them to unlock all of the Desmond missions, you don't need all of them.

Anyway, I just beat the game about a half hour ago and it finally hit me that I will no longer be playing as Ezio and/or Altair. I'm pretty sad about it and am a bit concerned about where the future of the franchise is headed. Quite frankly, I am not as interested in this doomsday angle as I am in the war between the templars and the assassins. That coupled with the fact that I am unsure if Desmond is an interesting enough character to carry the franchise or if this saving the world from the sun storyline is going to exciting enough, I'm thinking that maybe we should be introduced to a new assassin from a different era and manage to keep Desmond and the modern-day arc a backstory if at all possible.

But as far as this game itself, while I thought it was a very good game, I found it to be the weakest since the first. Like someone else mentioned, I missed the high number of real historical figures that were in the other games as well as the frequent assassination missions. Also missed the glyphs on the side of the building with the puzzles. I hated the protect the den missions, it was a cool concept but the way it panned out with those giant wagon things busting through my den with Ezio only standing there was pretty dumb and it was an idea that sounded cool but was poorly executed. And I felt too that it felt too disconnected from the previous installments. It would have been great to see Da Vinci or Claudia in the actual game, because they bring out another side of Ezio's character, a refreshing side.

Still, except for Yusuf (if I remember it correctly), this game didn't really fair as well in the supporting character development. No real memorable side characters or cool villains like before. But it was nice to see Altair and Ezio off on one more grande adventure. This game succeeded in showing why they are two of the most integral parts of the history of the assassin order and why they are legends. And it was nice to have Altair back with the updated combat system (which has some very cool, fluid kill combos), because the one used in the first game was simply atrocious. Yes those missions were short, but I am honestly fine with it. I couldn't take much longer of walking around at Yoda pace with Altair as an old man anyway.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Btw, did anybody get any of those Ezio statues (ether with the collectors edition or the one that is being sold separately)? Any reviews? How's the face look?

I'm curious as to what everyone thinks of Desmond and Ezio's new look...to me Desmond looks nothing like Desmond anymore and Ezio looks off to me...I mean I know he's supposed to be old, but to me ot doesn't look like him at all...anyone else playing the game feel the same way?

TOTALLY with you on that. I've gotten used to Ezio now (his lovely voice does much to characterise him) but Desmond looks completely different to me.

The data shard things are on the map, they look like little rock icons or something. But you only need 30 of them to unlock all of the Desmond missions, you don't need all of them.

Btw, did anybody get any of those Ezio statues (ether with the collectors edition or the one that is being sold separately)? Any reviews? How's the face look?

I searched the map but never found anything,i assume it's something i will unlock later on then,because those icons are not there right now.

I have collected 30 fragments,and unlocked 5 Journey's,but there are still 2 more Desmond's journey doors on the Island,so those are nothing then?

I have all of those PVC statues and they are definitely worth the 30-40$,but the only one that looks like the game character is the first one released of Altair,it looks dead on Altair/Desmond.The Ezios doesn't look like him at all but the equipment and detail looks really good.

Well, the 3rd Ezio statue seems to be slightly larger in scale than the other two, which bothers the heck out of me. :gah:

Does anybody want to tell me what the big revelation was that is the reason behind the title of this game? It's such a powerful hint and I feel as though the ending left me unsatisfied. Was it learning of Altair's journey post-AC? Was it the backstory that was told by Jupiter? I'm not sure if those even count as revelations. The second game should have been called Revelations.

Well, the 3rd Ezio statue seems to be slightly larger in scale than the other two, which bothers the heck out of me. :gah:

I noticed that in a video review. Was kinda hoping it was just the video. Dam, that's crap. What a wierd decision :slap

Well no worries anymore about the data fragments then,30 is all we need and 30 is what i have,thanks guys :)

I can post pics of the statues together tomorrow so you get a better idea.

I noticed that in a video review. Was kinda hoping it was just the video. Dam, that's crap. What a wierd decision :slap

They probably farmed it out to someone and they didn't have the other two in hand to compare scales. It's really irritating because I was looking forward to rounding out a nice statue trio...

I truly hate the den defense challenges,everything works ok until the tank crushes through everything and impossible to stop,i have lost every den defense so i gave up in the end.I just let the templars have it so i can immeditaley chase the Templar Captain again to take the den back so i can continue with the master Assassin missions.

I truly hate the den defense challenges,everything works ok until the tank crushes through everything and impossible to stop,i have lost every den defense so i gave up in the end.I just let the templars have it so i can immeditaley chase the Templar Captain again to take the den back so i can continue with the master Assassin missions.

I agree, except the catapult is your friend when those tanks come in. :wave

Agreed that the tower defense mini-game was a TOTAL waste of time. Whenever I have a den to defend, I start the mini-game, get something ot eat and just let the templars blow it up, respawn and kill the templar captain to reclaim the den. That was is SOOOOO much easier then actually trying to win the mini-game.

Agreed that the tower defense mini-game was a TOTAL waste of time. Whenever I have a den to defend, I start the mini-game, get something ot eat and just let the templars blow it up, respawn and kill the templar captain to reclaim the den. That was is SOOOOO much easier then actually trying to win the mini-game.

Yeah i did that too,but i wanted to complete the den defense at least once for a achievement or unlock something.You had control until that damn tank came in,the catapult didn't help that much either.

well i don't have to worry about that anymore,all my Dens are now locked,finally.

Also,does anyone know when you got the huge Armourupgrade in gold?I got it yesterday without noticing it,until i went to dye my clothes and it didn't work and that's when i saw my HUGE Gold shoulder pads,im now locked to the standard Grey colour.Can't remember what i did to get that upgrade:lol

I'm sure this has been talked about but I'm not finished through the game so I don't want to read the thread looking for the answer and possibly get spoiled but is there a reason they changed Desmond, Ezio and Altair's faces? They also gave Altair an accent which he didn't have in the first game and removed Desmond's scar.

I mean the great thing about the Assassin's Creed series thus far has been the continuity. Desmond looks like Altair and Ezio for THREE games and then the fourth is changed. Desmond has a scar for THREE games and they change it in the fourth. Altair has no accent in the first and they give him one in the fourth... WTF? Why change what isn't broken?

I just got the third of Altair's Masyaf keys so I'm pretty far along but these glaring changes are really bugging me. Every time they show Ezio close up and I see his horse face I get mad. What were they thinking?!

Back