Asmus Toys - Twilight Witchking 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol

That is the joke. There is no numbering system. We all got #101 of 1500. Asmus did the same thing apparently on their Elrond figure. Have no idea why.

That said, there's no way there will ever be 1500 of these Twilight Witchkings made. Asmus will be lucky to sell 400-500, maybe fewer... so they will be very limited one day.

Ha I must have been so excited to get Elrond I totally missed that they had numbered him. I did think 1500 of the twilight king was a very large run for him. Oh well, I still like the look of thing even if it is not accurate.

The paint on the crown is easily scratchable~

just use sand paper or knife to scratch the crown, you will get the best effect of the metal bit out of it,
we thought about dry brush, but it is actually even better if we let the ageing be true scratchs,
the shinny bits of the metal is much more realistic and cooler than silver paint dry brushed on.

PS: I will ask the guys to do one and upload some photos

anyone taking it for the team?

Gonna be a while before I get mine form Sideshow, but I'll give it a whirl. Worst thing that can happen is I don't like it. Easy enough to repaint at that point.

just did a quick precursory rub down with a scotch brite pad-
the black comes off so easily!
warning: the long tines are fragile and should be braced if you try this
because they can easily snap off with very little pressure!
rubbed.jpg

just did a quick precursory rub down with a scotch brite pad-
the black comes off so easily!
warning: the long tines are fragile and should be braced if you try this
because they can easily snap off with very little pressure!
View attachment 484491

That's really nice. In fact, I think I may like that finish more than the one Weta used for their old 1/4 Helm line. The highlights really bring out the detail.

Here's the 1/4 Weta version. It's a little dull and could maybe use a bit of scuffing!

TwitchKing Crown.jpg

Back