Asmus Toys : Lord of the Ring thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When it comes to manufacture, the major issue is always "quantity", we can make 100 expressions for every characters, but if any of them cannot hit the basic "quantity" mark, it will be a bad investment. I am sure it is when Hot Toys always go with "natural" expression, it is the safest card to play to all collecters.

However, never say never, we do consider in the near future when we need to release a 2nd edition of our sold out items (Say Aragorn ), or simply release it again because we can now do better. We will sell the heads as individual item.

Not just that, also the clothing, accessories. Things that weren't able to do then and can be done now, we can sell them as accessories packs, so collectors can update their figures rather than buying an entire new one.

You guys never cease to amaze me! You're listening to the fans and not milking us for all we're worth! Alternate single heads and accessories are such a good idea, I don't understand why the other companies never attempted this. I guess they wanted to gouge us for a full figure. I know LOTR will occupy you for some time, but it would be great to see what other licenses you guys can do. I'm glad I have one of your first releases (Dante), it's been great to see how your company has evolved over the years.

Well, George has to answer first. I'm sure they want to make him... but the question is when?

Other than Wormtongue, Lurtz is the last great villain to make to go with:

Saruman
Gothmog
Guritz
Witch-King
Nazgul
Mouth of Sauron

I expect they'll go all in with the LOTR trilogy but only hit the highlights of the Hobbit. Really all we need out of it still are Thorin, Bilbo (with two outfits maybe?), Radaghast, and mayyyyybe Kili? I can't see them doing all the dwarves.

I'll tell you what I want to see is an armored Elrond.

Back