Asmus Toys : Lord of the Ring thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow's Premium Format figure has been considered the gold standard as far as Lurtz goes, and I think they got his relative height correct:

aragorn_vs_lurtz_by_minas_tirith_hakan.jpg

While Lurtz and the Berserker Uruk-Hai were massive, the rank and file were not giants:

Haldir.jpg Amon Hen fight.jpg

Damn, now I want to watch the Amon Hen battle sequence again. Seeing the Fellowship kick ass never gets old. :)

Let's not go crazy on the height. Saruman looks down on Lurtz in their scene together. Christopher Lee's eyes are just above Lurtz and Lee's back is hunched.

I think a half head taller than Aragorn. Definitely wouldn't go any further than a full head taller.

Is Saruman at 13.5 now on the new body? I would make Lurtz the same height.

That old KP02 body gave me a great height on Vader -- about 13.25 inches approx. when finished. I think more a bit more height could be obtained by Lurtz's head shape and adding to his "feet". But the KP02 would be a good place to start, has the musculature too.

Yes he is big but in that fight with Aragorn they are on uneven ground and Aragorn has his knees bent.
The photo of Saruman and Lurtz Lurtz is in the foreground making him look larger. You can still see Christopher Lee is taller and is looking down on Lurtz even though Sarumans shoulders are hunched.
But yes he is a beast! Can't wait till they make him :)

Hey George. First want to tell you how awesome of a figure Aragorn is. Seems like it took forever to get him but in the end it was all worthwhile. Any news you can give us on what we may see in 2016? It's nice to know about the upcoming figures coming out but any news on figures that we haven't heard about yet?

I would love to see Isildur or Gil-Galad down the road. I know we still have some more important characters ( Boromir, Sauron, Elrond, etc.) But it would be cool to see them.

yeah great group shoot. i hate it when people pose their figures badly, you've done a good job.

yeah great group shoot. i hate it when people pose their figures badly, you've done a good job.
Pet peeve of mine. Even when people claim museum poses, it doesn't mean you shouldn't put life and expression into said more neutral stance. More power to those who do elaborate action displays as well.

20151220_113726.jpgHi Guys, I'm new to this forum though I've been reading these posts for years. I actually am loving this line and thought I'd like to share and converse with like minded people. My space is limited so I have to rotate what I can display. I currently have the Witchking, GtW, Eowyn, And Nazgul/Steed with Saruman and MoS on preorder. 20151226_103151.jpg

Back