Asmus Toys : Lord of the Ring thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks folks!
Making that custom shelf (stainless steel frame, glass shelves and plexi fronts, led aluminum bars) was a pain in the a**, but it was worth it!

Got my Gandalf today and LOVE IT! :)
96748ab54f8dafc453517e3b111e0a29.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully they're selling the Merry/Pippin as a bundle. For the record, I think a scowling Merry is a refreshing take on this character.

Asmus Toys is proud to present the grand plan for the Lord of the Ring's 1/6 collectible action figure project. This is an elaborate plan for 5 years long term project, in which we have already scheduled over 20 figures, and 10 sets of armors. This is a project that we dedicate to all the lovers of LOTR, and we want to build this wonderful opportunity based upon the heart of all collectors.
We have categorized the project into 4 different series :
  • Heroes of Middle-Earth
  • Man of West
  • Army of Mordor
  • Armors in the battlefields

Man of West and Army of Mordor will feature the soldiers from both side of the force. Some of the familiar faces we see in the movies but not as important as the heroes. Examples like Urakais, Orcs and even Merry and Pippen.

Armors in the Battlefields is a series of products that will contain only the armors, weapons and clothing. Collectors can use whatever figure body you have at hand to custom a figure in a relatively cheaper price, in this way, collectors can put together an army in affordable budget. Examples such as Godorian soilders, Orc armors..etc

This is the basic plan we have drawn out in the Asmus toys design team! For all who has an idea that may top this in the perspective of a collector, please let us know! We would love to hear and gather more feedbacks, like it said at the start, This will be made for you/us~

Asmus Toys

Is this still the plan? I take it that Guritz was intended to be part of an "Army of Mordor" line, but he's too distinctive to be an army-builder. Are there any armor sets on the horizon?

Yes,
it is still part of the plan,
but Middle-Earth universe is way to big.

There is already way too much to do for the heroes at this stage, but we have extended for a long run,
so we have all of them covered if possible.

PS: On the second thought, perhaps Merry & Pippin are considered to be HEROES too.

PS: On the second thought, perhaps Merry & Pippin are considered to be HEROES too.

I would say so as they are members of the fellowship, it probably qualifies them as heroes!

Glad to hear you are still planning to carry on with the extended line. I am hoping to pick up my first Asmus figure in Saruman soon. Probably a Morgul Lord too...

I am not sure if I missed this in the threads somewhere, but does the Gandalf the Grey figure come with the huge horse/cart set? And will the updated Gandalf the White head be produced for sale? (Seems I have a thing for the wizard figures...)

Thanks!

Yes,

There is already way too much to do for the heroes at this stage, but we have extended for a long run,

Glad to hear it. Armor sets would not only be useful for army building, but also for for building variants of hero figures (I believe Boromir wore standard Gondor plate armor in his Osgiliath scene, only with no armored skirt and the addition of a cape. Likewise, Faramir's helmet in the suicide charge scene was more ornate than the other knights, but the armor looks like standard Gondorian).

A Rohirrim set (tricky to do, as they weren't uniform) could also double as a way to provide improved versions of Eowyn's helmet and cloak (the two biggest complaints about that figure), while a chainmail suit sized for an adult male would provide most of what was needed for Aragorn to appear as he did at Helm's Deep.

Orcs also appeared with pieces of looted Gondor and Rohan equipment, so there's also that.

Merry and Pippen definitely count as heroes in my book (should have a full array of accessories, a "scenic" base, etc.) and they'd probably each need an entire second figure to get their "battle" appearances right, as I believe they were wearing Theoden's and Faramir's childhood armor, respectively.

Anyway, glad to hear that both "soldier" figures and armor sets are still in. Any hints as to what they may be (please say Easterlings)?

Yes,

Yup, Merry & Pippin are DEFINITELY Heroes. Any idea when they'll be ready to go up for order? And could we see a sneak peek of Pippin's scarf soon? :)

I also hope Lurtz is in the works. There's also other characters and army-builders that could share some of the same body parts, armor, and weapons, so Asmus could get a fair amount of mileage from developing him.

Azog would be tougher to get right since he was all CGI. He was also basically unique (with the partial exception of Bolg), so he'd require a lot of unique tooling to get right.

George, will a Lurtz figure be coming soon to accompany Saruman? :)

Also congratulations on Aragorn. Michael's Review loved it! :clap

Let's not get crazy there - I wouldn't quite say I loved it. Yes, it's their best so far, and yes, the outfit, body, and accessories (which make for a GREAT value) are all extremely nice. The head sculpt is much better than the previous humans, but he's still got the weird shaped head, thanks to the hair. I do like him better than the ACI, no doubt in my mind, but love is such a strong word, and I have such a fear of commitment...but yea, it's a big improvement overall. I'm really geeked to see how Sarumon turns out.

Back