Asmus Toys : Lord of the Ring thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes,
it is still part of the plan,
but Middle-Earth universe is way to big.

There is already way too much to do for the heroes at this stage, but we have extended for a long run,
so we have all of them covered if possible.

PS: On the second thought, perhaps Merry & Pippin are considered to be HEROES too.
:yess::yess::yess:

Dear Asmus toys . Please promise me that your next evil figure will be Uruk Hai ! Please !!!!!!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446050930.831430.jpg It will be a automatic sold out figure . Imagine this guy in 1/6 scale ??? He would be awesome !!

If they make Lurtz and I hope they do, hopefully they will make more Uruk Hai. I would actually do everything in my power to army build them. By army build that probably means trying to buy 3-5. Would be great to have a small company of orcs to match up against the fellowship or to put behind Saruman.

Don't know if anyone in this thread collect Enterbay's Shaq O'Neal,
he is the biggest "human" character made in 1/6 in my impression.

Are Uruk Hais taller than Shaq?

Can't say for sure but I think they're about the height of a large human, just bulky. Definitely not as tall as Shaq, I would think.

George, do you have any updates on Gandalf and the state of the sculpted vs. Rooted hair debate? And also, any considerations for Boromir? Thanks!

Maybe the Berserkers were supposed to be around that tall, but the regular Uruk-Hai were just above average human height.

Lawrence Makoare, who played Lurtz, is 6'4" (just about the same height as Christopher Lee, as seen in the "Whom do you serve?" scene). Lurtz was slightly taller than the other Uruk scouts, however, who in turn were supposedly slightly bigger than the mass-produced Uruks who attacked Helm's Deep.

[Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson (Hot Toys GI Joe Roadblock), who is 6'5", is probably a better model to base Lurtz off of than Shaq.]

Nathaniel Lees, who played Ugluk, is 6'1". The other named Uruk Hai (Lugdush, Mauhur) were played by actors who were 6' or just above.

It wasn't so much the case that the Uruk-Hai were so tall as it was that they had were man-tall, had man-like proportions, and stood upright, while most of the other Orcs were bow-legged, long-armed, and hunched-over "knuckle-draggers" like Grishnakh and Gorbag.

It may not be exactly accurate to the height of the actors, but I'd be very happy with Lurtz and the Uruks being about 13 to 13.5 inches tall. I would like them to loom over the human characters a bit in my display.

Azog, I think, is supposed to be in the 7-foot range, so he'd be 14 to 15 inches ideally.

Also, part of Lurtz's height is that he had a more enlongated skull than the other Uruk-Hai as well as thicker hair.

Lurtz_readies_arrow2.jpg uruks.jpg

It may not be exactly accurate to the height of the actors, but I'd be very happy with Lurtz and the Uruks being about 13 to 13.5 inches tall. I would like them to loom over the human characters a bit in my display.

Azog, I think, is supposed to be in the 7-foot range, so he'd be 14 to 15 inches ideally.

I would rather see Uruks taller too,
after all, they suppose to be intimidating when confronting.

I think a good size reference would be the Berzerker predator from hot toys . That would look awesome . About 14" tall .ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446217187.691336.jpg

Yeah, I'd say Lurtz should be a full head taller than Aragorn.

And maybe Azog/Bolg a full head taller than Lurtz? (Although that's not quite as crucial, for me.)

Back